2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Violin Muse by Ikuko Kawai, based on Partita for Violin No. 2 by Johann Sebastian Bach and Chaconne by Tomaso Vitali

3Tw - great height!
3S
3T+2T
FiDs
FCCoSp - unison good
3LoTh - nice
Li
3STh - he falls after throw!
Li
ChSq
Li
PCoSp

He had a freak fall, but otherwise very strong performance. Will take gold no doubt... She is ecstatic, he is - well - mad at himself, I guess.

FS: 76.36 + 74.51 - 1.00 = 149.87 (PB)
Tot: 225.71 (PB) and GOLD

Wow, two world records!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Gold for V/T. Crowd are on their feet. That was superb, I wonder how high it will score

catija

Rinkside
tatiana has aged so much... its almost like grandma skating w/ elvis (he looks like elvis to me lol)

V/T will easily win but that was another meh performance. He fell after throwing her and they were really out of steam at the end with weak lifts and slow combination spin.

And I absolutely detest that empty program.

They definitely did more than enough for the gold though, obviously. Some incredible elements there.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Smirnov is one of the worst male skaters ever. This guy can't jump even in his prime. All that muscle is so useless when he can't even throw Yuko correctly. Look at their twist. She's tiny, he should be able to do what Hao Zhang does.
Why is Russian fed still supporting Smirnov is beyond me?
Poor Yuko, picked the wrong partner, and you're screwed.

aniela

On the Ice
Maxim has an issue with throws… it’s third time I see him falling on the element. Other than fall this was a great skate. he’s such a perfectionist ;p Tania reaction was lovely.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but I always lol a little inside after Maxim's freak falls/accidents. I don't wish him ill and I certainly would not want him to ever be hurt, but he is such a drama king that I can't help but find it slightly humorous.

samson

Medalist
Really nice skate from them, despite the freak fall. If they win I think it will be deserved. Now if only they had worm something a little less schmaltzy and overbearing. They don't all of the bells and whistles and bad imagery on their costumes. The skating and the music was enough.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ha ha! Now with that unexpected fall by Max, will we hear people sayin' D/R deserved to beat V/T too?!

D/R are happy being on the podium people. That's what they were aiming for and they did a great job. Seriously though they are very close, D/R are not yet 4-time World champion beaters. And I happen to love D/R! The sp scores were well-deserved b/c D/R skated so inspired, but to be ahead of S/S even in the short was a serious over-achieving accomplishment. D/R were shocked and surprised at that too. D/R were quite good in fp, but not as f'ing great as in their sp.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I loved the last two groups, tatiana and maxim looked really superb although I dont like this program, the fall didnt interrupt me at all. I liked S/S even with mistakes, they are different, I always find their program interesting.

Wow the score..