2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeffrey Buttle looking very smart in glasses, interviewing V/T

Jokes about Max' fall looking gracefull, LOL

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
They deserved the win - but that score was ridiculous and unwarranted.

I think it sends the message for Sochi that V/T are the very clear favourites. They definitely had the skate of the night so I don't mind they score well ahead of the others. But I think they're beatable...and not just by S/S.

And I liked S/S's program but I still think they shouldn't have even been on the podium due to the content and their being slow and seeming uninterested. Oh well.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WOW great skate from V/T Congrats to them and to S/S and D/R!!!!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shame on the Canadian audience for booing Savchenko/Szolkowy.

PJ Kwong dissed the French crowd last year for booing Chan's win, now the Canadian audience has done the same.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, the top two teams improved really from the short with falls. Interesting. I wonder if S squared will show up for the award ceremony - they have to feel a bit or a lot sheepish. Christmas in march I guess for them. I think Smirnov and Kavuguti shoe work on the 4Sal again and get another coach. smirnov should work with a good male pairs coach and clean up thejumping technique.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but I always lol a little inside after Maxim's freak falls/accidents. I don't wish him ill and I certainly would not want him to ever be hurt, but he is such a drama king that I can't help but find it slightly humorous.

Yes that thought crossed my mind as well. LOL. He was doing his best brooding Hamlet until the scores were posted.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes. It was just ridiculous. Their performance was far from perfect.

Congrats to the Russians... that skate was brilliant and excellent execution on the SBS jumps and throws. The freak fall is a bit negligible, but still 149 points is absolutely unwarranted. That performance was not 17.5 points ahead of D/R.

They must have gotten +3's on everything because they were about 12 points higher on TES, and 5.5 points higher on PCS.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yeah, really. No issue with the placement, but that was hardly a world record program.

True but in comparison to Ssquared yep it was - if you score the Germans that high then V and T'sperformance was a world record. It is all relative. But wow... and not a good wow....

M-T/M got the second highest TES of the afternoon.

It was so weird with S/S. Throughout their whole FS, they looked like they have given up. Didn't even present the program properly. And then BAM! they go for the throw 3axel.