Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 worlds pairs FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I'm sorry but I always lol a little inside after Maxim's freak falls/accidents. I don't wish him ill and I certainly would not want him to ever be hurt, but he is such a drama king that I can't help but find it slightly humorous.
    Yes that thought crossed my mind as well. LOL. He was doing his best brooding Hamlet until the scores were posted.

Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    They deserved the win - but that score was ridiculous and unwarranted.
    Yeah, they should have only been a few points above D/R and S/S (even though it's disputable that S/S should have even had that score in the first place).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes. It was just ridiculous. Their performance was far from perfect.
    Congrats to the Russians... that skate was brilliant and excellent execution on the SBS jumps and throws. The freak fall is a bit negligible, but still 149 points is absolutely unwarranted. That performance was not 17.5 points ahead of D/R.

They must have gotten +3's on everything because they were about 12 points higher on TES, and 5.5 points higher on PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Yeah, really. No issue with the placement, but that was hardly a world record program.
    True but in comparison to Ssquared yep it was - if you score the Germans that high then V and T'sperformance was a world record. It is all relative. But wow... and not a good wow....

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    M-T/M got the second highest TES of the afternoon.

It was so weird with S/S. Throughout their whole FS, they looked like they have given up. Didn't even present the program properly. And then BAM! they go for the throw 3axel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I'm sorry but I always lol a little inside after Maxim's freak falls/accidents. I don't wish him ill and I certainly would not want him to ever be hurt, but he is such a drama king that I can't help but find it slightly humorous.
    Haha. Which reminds me of something Kurt Browning once said... that with V/T, the diva is Maxim (which I think is kind of hilarious and awesome)

Tripping on the Podium
    Protocols are up and D/B did get a downgrade on the SBS 3S, too bad, that made the difference. Maybe that's why they took so long for their marks. Did not see the under-rotation of that jump.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by roots View Post
    Protocols are up and D/B did get a downgrade on the SBS 3S, too bad, that made the difference. Maybe that's why they took so long for their marks. Did not see the under-rotation of that jump.
    Radford was over the toe and had poor flow out on his 3salchow. So it was the underrotation which caused that.

Custom Title
    Congrats to V/T on winning! D/R should have silver and MTT/M should be bronze but both teams should ALSO be really proud of how they skated and the fact that they did achieve such high placements. So deserved.

S/S... not my favorite. Their quality is so strong and they hit the 3axel, but honestly who cares when they double the jumps and just look bored on the ice. I was VERY bored.

Also very proud of Scimeca and Knierim and their 9th place finish. Glad they could at least ensure two spots for team USA next year. They have tons of potential, and hopefully they'll stay together and stay healthy at least through 2018 (but I won't hold my breath!).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    M-T/M got the second highest TES of the afternoon.

It was so weird with S/S. Throughout their whole FS, they looked like they have given up. Didn't even present the program properly. And then BAM! they go for the throw 3axel.
    I really think M-T/M got lowballed on the PCS for skating so early. They really were the best Canadian pair this competition.

Medalist
    V/T's Grades of Executions

Custom Title
    Great job V/T, congrats on winning your 1st world title. Congrats to S/S for 2nd. Congrats fo D/R for coming 3rd. To all teams for doing what yyoyou could today.

Custom Title
    The order I would have had the top 5 is V/T, D/R, M/M, S/S, P/T. If K/S had skated that free skate cleanly, likely I'd have them in 3rd or 4th place. S/S judging was a travesty. Love the audience booing, the crowd isn't stupid and knows when they've seen a held-up, overscored mess.

Custom Title
    Meaghan is positively beaming on the podium! I hope they can ignore all the politics and "wuzrobbing" and just focus on enjoying the moment and building towards Sochi.

Custom Title
    I love Aliona and Robin, but this is so sad...I don't even know how to put it. The program sucked, but they managed that 3 A in the end. Did that make up for all the other mistakes? The score was huge! That's not the skaters fault, it's the judging system that should explain their short comings!

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast