Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: 2013 worlds pairs FS

Banned
    btw this is already known but this FreeSkate was dedicated for the Japanese people victims of the Tsunami
    hope especially people from Sendai appreciate it once they get to see it also the hometown of my prince Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    If it were an American couple who lost the Silver medal to the Germans, you would be screaming bloody murder by now and demand an investigation.
    Not I. I'm an American and I don't follow the American pair anymore. They break up too much. It wouldn't bother me if S/S whom I'm a fan of came out ahead. They are just overall better than them than what we have now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post

The people booing S/S scores in the audience need to get a life. S/S were well below their SB in fp, and were dinned a bit in the sp. Ain't that enuf for all you S/S detractors? ... I guess not. Then go ahead and pout. None of these pairs teams are gonna be pouting, I'll bet, that is if they hope to be on target for being competitive next season. Pouting gets no one anywhere. I speak from experience.
    I'm not a fan of S/S but that was indeed rude
    I cannot fathom who is the worst audience behavior in Canada or the one in France

Custom Title
    PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 225.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    2. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 205.56 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    3. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 204.56 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 199.50 Free Skate
    5. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 194.64 Free Skate
    6. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 191.59 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    7. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 184.72 Free Skate
    8. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 180.17 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    9. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 173.51
    10. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 171.77 Free Skate
    11. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 167.18
    12. Wenjing SUI & Cong HAN (CHN) - 165.89 Free Skate
    13. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 164.00 Free Skate
    14. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 136.03 Free Skate
    15. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 133.56 Free Skate
    16. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 133.12 Free Skate

Custom Title
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone think Denney/Coughlin would have done better than Scimeca/Knierim if they had 1. been here and 2. been healthy?

I wonder...

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There's nothing about falls in the PE criteria. If a skater falls but doesn't let that fall affect his performance and meets all of the criteria, that is theoretically possible.
    I guess a fall always affects the performance, hence it should be reflected in PE. The way you phrase it just gives room for holding up skaters. Every judge can justify his/her action by saying - yeah, they fell, but it did not affect the performance.
    And that is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    They also gave S/S +2s for a triple twist with a big crash. S/S got higher GOE on the 3tw than D/R who actually had a clean one, executed brilliantly with a strong catch.
    This is what annoys me the most. There should be consequences of such crooked (or sloppy) judging, so that such situations won't repeat.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post

The audience was booing the judges, not S/S. During the award ceremony, S/S received warm applauses. Someone in the audience even yelled : "Judges should be fired!" Clearly, whatever emotions there were, it was directed at the judges. We were sandwiched between Dylan and Meghan's family in the stands. Meghan's mother accidentally let out a scream of joy after K/S' score knowing that they made the podium but that was it - it wasn't a celebration of K/S's mishap. Could you please refrain from spreading false rumor on the internet like Phil Harsh's manipulative and intentional out of context quote on Scott Moir? These media wars are really silly and childish.
    Booing the judges is saying to the Germans: YOU DON'T DESERVE YOUR MEDAL!
    And screaming "THE JUDGES SHOULD BE FIRED" during the awards ceremony is even worse.

It is rude and totally obnoxious behavior. I've always been told Canadians were the best and most supportive audiences for all the skaters, but the Pairs audience sure disproved that.

As for Scott Moir's remarks, he isn't the most pleasant of people when he's not winning, and he says things out loud that he should have kept to himself. If media people go out of their way to interpret what Scott says, it's HIS fault for giving them the opportunity and the means to make things worse. Chan used to do the same thing, but lately he's been more circumspect. Scott could benefit by doing the same.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone think Denney/Coughlin would have done better than Scimeca/Knierim if they had 1. been here and 2. been healthy?

I wonder...
    Maybe..But I don't find them enchanting. S/K have this "something" for me

Custom Title
    The people booing S/S scores in the audience need to get a life.
    Why? S/S scores were much too high and that was the problem.
    No one was booing V/T. Although their scores were also too high they deserved to win and the audience could feel it.

On the Ice
    There is no excuse for booing the Skaters of another Country. The Canadian Fans are very rude. They only cheer for their Countrymen and not when some one skates well. Shame on them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    There is no excuse for booing the Skaters of another Country. The Canadian Fans are very rude. They only cheer for their Countrymen and not when some one skates well. Shame on them.
    So how was it that they cheered V/T --- do you mean they are Canadians???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    I still cannot get over S/S silver. They should have ended up in 4th place. She doubled 3 sbs jumps, he fell on one. The last lift was messy too. It was gutsy to go for 3A, but that element does not even out the other mistakes (plus it was 2-footed). And the whole program was really uninspiring compared to what they have done in the past.

I would have:
    V/T
    D/R
    MT-M/M

The judging was a travesty.... V/T score, S/S score, Zhang and partner beating Berton/Hotarek on PCS, M-T/M underscored. Who knows how many other details have I missed. Have to check protocols.
    Yeah, argue your points, but once again, figure skating is subjective and you're arguing for your favorites so you're not unbiased. Few people are, even judges.

The sport is also political, and quite often teams who have excellent performances but are still up-and-coming like both Canadian teams, will not be necessarily vaulted right onto the podium, unless they happen to be better than average Russian pairs their first time together at Worlds (a la V/T a couple of seasons ago). You gotta also remember that M-T/M are second place Canadians who missed out on going to Worlds last year. They have excellent choreo but are right now deemed behind D/R, no matter who personally favors whichever team for biased aesthetic reasons. It pains me to say this but with this sport, like Ziggy says, ya often gotta look at all the factors involved.

I think Carolina should have been marked down more for her mistake, even a point off for that ridiculous over-emoting too, but she's defending World champion from Italy and the lady has got some gams and some talent. Ha ha! The scoring in this sport is never fair, and there will always be arguing and debates. The judges sent a message to S/S in the sp, and it would have been some serious overkill had they lowered S/S marks from SB even more lower to push them to third. S/S being off podium for their efforts here would have looked really bad, and overly biased against them as defending World champions. What are Canadian fans seeking after all? The mantle of new can't beat 'em Russians???

Take a deep breath and realize that Canadians as all competitors still have a lot of work to do going forward, and that right now Canadian fans should just be happy they have so many contenders at or near the top. What, you guys want to have your cake, icing, cherry on top, and eat it too??!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katia View Post
    So how was it that they cheered V/T --- do you mean they are Canadians???
    They cheered for V/T because they beat the Germans!

Custom Title

Take a deep breath and realize that Canadians as all competitors still have a lot of work to do going forward, and that right now Canadian fans should just be happy they have so many contenders at or near the top. What, you guys want to have your cake, icing, cherry on top, and eat it too??!!
    YUP. So when American fans are not happy with placements it is OK because that means that fans are competitive and want medals for skaters. When it is Canadian fans, that means they should not want more and should be happy with what they have. Because, let's face it, they are Canadians not Americans or Russians

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast