Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 489

Thread: 2013 worlds pairs FS

  1. #31
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    256

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    I like watching the lower-ranked teams a lot of the time but other times it can be scary with those falls. And I thought King was going to drop Kemp a few times during the lifts. I liked the music and costumes and would love to have seen this program really sold.

  2. #32
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736

    0 Not allowed!
    David's footwork during the lifts looked very laboured. :/

  3. #33
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    And I thought King was going to drop Kemp a few times during the lifts.
    I noted that as well. It was a bit scary!

  4. #34
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,691

    0 Not allowed!
    I just hope teh second group is a bit better than the first, because it started well but then all the others had meltdowns... However, the Italians will end up in 14, one place better than the SP!

  5. #35
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,927

    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, huge lead for Castelli and Shnapir, but the other three teams skated pretty badly. I'm surprised C/S's score was so far off their SB, though.

  6. #36
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,522

    0 Not allowed!
    Kemp/King's lifts actually looked better than in the past.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, no, Ziggy! We count on your getting to observe every moment, so you can do your report. Fingers crossed that you have no more interruptions.
    I'm not happy. Missed the first three teams. But no worries, I'll either find YT videos or watch it later on demand on TVTeka. I tried to rewind but the video isn't working atm. Whenever something goes wrong, they do add the missing bits later though.

  7. #37
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,972
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Alexa Scimeca looks a bit like Gracie Gold in that red costume.

  8. #38
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,188

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Sigh.Whoever thought C/S should dance a tango should be tested for delusions. I know people complained about Davis and White's tango, but compared to this, it was Sex On Ice. Zero passion, almost no relating. He's got as much personality as a lawn chair. She's got some real charm but I think they're totally a mismatched pair.
    Sigh. I have to agree. I have always thought that he looked like a lumberjack on ice. He's big and strong, and that's about it.

  9. #39
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kemp/King's lifts actually looked better than in the past.

    Which is a sign that there's still a lot of work to do in that department.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,670

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Sigh.Whoever thought C/S should dance a tango should be tested for delusions. I know people complained about Davis and White's tango, but compared to this, it was Sex On Ice. Zero passion, almost no relating. He's got as much personality as a lawn chair. She's got some real charm but I think they're totally a mismatched pair.
    Maybe the ice was too cold.

  11. #41
    Bona Fide Member sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,702
    Country: Denmark

    0 Not allowed!
    Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

    Music: Poeta en el viento by Vincente Amigo

    3T+2T+2T - very solid
    3S - she doubles (credit 2S)
    3Tw - bit low catch
    Li
    FiDs
    PCoSp
    Li
    ChSq
    3LoTh - low on the free leg, but clean
    3STh - bit forward, but also clean
    Li
    FCCoSp

    Solid skate, they seem happy. Biggest mistake was the doubled salchow.

    FS: 58.83 + 53.87 = 112.70
    Tot: 171.77, in 1st (out of 5)

  12. #42
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,456

    0 Not allowed!
    Stefania and Ondrej were very good, lovely comeback from them

  13. #43
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Maybe the ice was too cold.


    Stefania and Ondrej are so gorgeous out there. I love their fs.

  14. #44
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,506

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    I like watching the lower-ranked teams a lot of the time but other times it can be scary with those falls. And I thought King was going to drop Kemp a few times during the lifts. I liked the music and costumes and would love to have seen this program really sold.
    This is why I tend to approach pairs with a good deal of trepidation. Especially these days, with the daring lifts, my heart is often in my mouth.

  15. #45
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Maybe the ice was too cold.
    LOL! I don't think a sauna would have helped.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •