Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: 2013 worlds pairs FS

Rinkside
    Poor Sui. Can't stand seeing her crying after the FS. They should rest and prepare for the next season. Coming to WC wouldn't help China gaining three spots but only hurt her. Strong girl. What a fighter and pleasant pair to watch. With time, they can become the champion.

Custom Title
    I felt so lucky to be there watching V/T' s superb performance. It was just gorgeous ! Long standing ovations all around and loud cheering that lasted. they were well loved here!!!

As a canadian I didn't boo S/S's score and after seeing the protocol I'm even more at peace with the placement. S/S do have better SS and more transitions. in addition S/S skated beautifully besides those big errors, but they did a 3Ath and they got all level 4 while Meagan and Eric also had a urs in their jump combo, and all the lifts were level 3, so I can understand S/S getting the silver. In fact, D/R got a SB was a bit surprising as I think their FS at 4 CC was better. Overall, I think the medalist are all well deserving and in the correct ranking.

Sui / Han was very exciting to watch but I feel so sorry seeing her in such pain after finishing the program. They should let her stay home resting.

Banned
    I felt badly for Sui & Han too especialy as in an injured state they shouldnt have even been at Worlds. Unfortunately skating poorly while injured, when due to their injury they shouldnt have been assigned to Worlds to begin with, will drop their already fading stock further. Sui & Han wont even be on the Olympic team next year with China having only 2 spots. Pang & Tong are a shoo in for the first spot. The other spot will likely go to Peng & Zhang. They show more overall promise than Sui & Han despite Zhangs age, and they are showing positive momentum now. Yu & Jin might have a shot at that 2nd spot as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    I felt so lucky to be there watching V/T' s superb performance. It was just gorgeous ! Long standing ovations all around and loud cheering that lasted. they were well loved here!!!

As a canadian I didn't boo S/S's score and after seeing the protocol I'm even more at peace with the placement. S/S do have better SS and more transitions. in addition S/S skated beautifully besides those big errors, but they did a 3Ath and they got all level 4 while Meagan and Eric also had a urs in their jump combo, and all the lifts were level 3, so I can understand S/S getting the silver. In fact, D/R got a SB was a bit surprising as I think their FS at 4 CC was better. Overall, I think the medalist are all well deserving and in the correct ranking.

Sui / Han was very exciting to watch but I feel so sorry seeing her in such pain after finishing the program. They should let her stay home resting.
    I really like Duhamel & Radford but honestly their PCS were generous as it was. No way they deserved higher PCS than Moore-Towers & Moscovitch. I actually had M-T & M 2nd in the LP, and quite possibly wining the bronze ahead of D&R overall. I do wish both pairs could have medaled, but the only way that would have been warranted is if S&S completely missed their last throw triple axel try.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I felt badly for Sui & Han too especialy as in an injured state they shouldnt have even been at Worlds. Unfortunately skating poorly while injured, when due to their injury they shouldnt have been assigned to Worlds to begin with, will drop their already fading stock further. Sui & Han wont even be on the Olympic team next year with China having only 2 spots. Pang & Tong are a shoo in for the first spot. The other spot will likely go to Peng & Zhang. They show more overall promise than Sui & Han despite Zhangs age, and they are showing positive momentum now. Yu & Jin might have a shot at that 2nd spot as well.
    I think they aggrevated her injury more, she was in pain after the FS
    Sui seems to have gotten taller and her build has changed too, I don't think their partnership will last any longer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think they aggrevated her injury more, she was in pain after the FS
    Sui seems to have gotten taller and her build has changed too, I don't think their partnership will last any longer
    I tend to agree. The question is whether either or both can find a suitable partner in China to have a brighter. I cant see them staying together much or any longer, and wouldnt be surprised if they split in the summer. She is just too big for him now, and he is not big enough for her.

Custom Title
    I really like Duhamel & Radford but honestly their PCS were generous as it was. No way they deserved higher PCS than Moore-Towers & Moscovitch. I actually had M-T & M 2nd in the LP, and quite possibly wining the bronze ahead of D&R overall. I do wish both pairs could have medaled, but the only way that would have been warranted is if S&S completely missed their last throw triple axel try.
    Interesting. I'd argue that D/R tick the PCS boxes quite well with all the transitions they do and their choreography is more complex. MT/M has stronger interpretation. Both had solid performances (I think Mt/M at Nationals or 4CC would've earned higher P/E marks though). Given that it's about 1.7 points overall, I think I agree with D/R ahead of Mt/M, but I understand the reverse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Interesting. I'd argue that D/R tick the PCS boxes quite well with all the transitions they do and their choreography is more complex. MT/M has stronger interpretation. Both had solid performances (I think Mt/M at Nationals or 4CC would've earned higher P/E marks though). Given that it's about 1.7 points overall, I think I agree with D/R ahead of Mt/M, but I understand the reverse.
    Well of those 3 competitions this is actually the first one D&R had the higher PCS in the LP (they had the higher PCS in the SP in all 3). I can see the argument for transitions but I am not impressed with their overall choreography that much. Their LP does nothing for me even when they skate it well, except for being technically impressive. Their SP is much better.

Banned
    I tend to agree. The question is whether either or both can find a suitable partner in China to have a brighter. I cant see them staying together much or any longer, and wouldnt be surprised if they split in the summer. She is just too big for him now, and he is not big enough for her.
    Sui can find a new Partner for sure, she is still petite for a pairs skater
    Cong on the other hand, No, he is too short to be a male pair skater in the first place that is why were bound to get this problem

Banned
    Finally. The beauty in Pairs is back. That was so unbearable to see so many plain-looking champions with ugly lines, horrible postures and crappy progs during last years. Glad to see that the classy elegance is alive and well.

Thanks, Tanya and Max!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Sui can find a new Partner for sure, she is still petite for a pairs skater
    Cong on the other hand, No, he is too short to be a male pair skater in the first place that is why were bound to get this problem
    What do you think his future is then. I dont think he is strong enough a jumper to be a top singles skater. Could he go into ice dancing.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Finally. The beauty in Pairs is back. That was so unbearable to see so many plain-looking champions with ugly lines, horrible postures and crappy progs during last years. Glad to see that the classy elegance is alive and well.

Thanks, Tanya and Max!
    indeed. Their free program was pure Russian pair skating at its best. now if they could have come up with an SP with that amount of elegance and beauty....
    in any event, they are primed to carry on the legacy of their country's dominance at the olympics next year. For me this is bittersweet because as much as I respect their skating that comes with the knowledge that Aliona and Robin's time was supposed to be 2010. The latter are one of the greatest teams of this generation (despite their grossly over scored FS this week), their throws and consistent risk-taking will be their lineage, even through its almost certain they will leave the sport without the olympic gold.

Banned
    What do you think his future is then. I dont think he is strong enough a jumper to be a top singles skater. Could he go into ice dancing.
    does China have many ice dance teams ? If No I don't think he has a chance
    he is still too short for ice dance anyways where the ladies are even taller

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    But the problem is, fans don't want to be given a homework assignment. They just want to enjoy the competition.

Then those "fans" shold just watch and enjoy the compeitition and not bother with the scoring and placements of the judges.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post

Take a deep breath and realize that Canadians as all competitors still have a lot of work to do going forward, and that right now Canadian fans should just be happy they have so many contenders at or near the top. What, you guys want to have your cake, icing, cherry on top, and eat it too??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post

Well, Kinga, the enforcer. You are gonna have your hands full policing ISU judges!

I suppose if this outrage repeats itself in favor of any Canadian skaters, that'd be cool with you. It has happened quite often in the past for Patrick Chan. Were you one of those outraged for Dai at last year's Worlds?
    Art&Sport. I suggest you chill out. I'm not Canadian, I have never lived in Canada and I have nothing to do with Canada, so please stop labelling me as a biased Canadian fan.
    Also, I believe I haven't been posting during last year Worlds?? And even if I had nothing against Chan's win in Nice, does this make me biased Canadian fan? Please, stop this nonsense. I just happen to have my opinion. I just happen to think MT-M and D/R were better than S/S (and I even don't like D/R that much, whereas I love MT/M and I love multiple S/S routines (not all of them, though)).

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast