2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

gmyers

Record Breaker
11 points better?
EDIT: 8 points lower on PCS than what they got at Euros. I have no words, seriously, this sport is becoming a joke. How can this be explained? This means they were either very underscored here or very overscored at Euros (where they won bronze)

PCS difference is not explainable because with pcs having guidelines you would think that the marks would be similar. But maybe they would all say b/h were just better at euros in all pcs departments?? Starting order should not matter.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This team already has the connection on the ice that all great teams do. Now they just need the polish.

WTH? 112 compared to 123 they got for their Euros LP which was similar (she fell on the 3S and here doubled). I absolutely hate this inconsistency in judging from one competition to another.

A lot of the elements were off today for Berton/Hotarek. That was a really messy performance. :(

Mirunna

Record Breaker
PCS difference is not explainable because with pcs having guidelines you would think that the marks would be similar. But maybe they would all say b/h were just better at euros in all pcs departments?? Starting order should not matter.

That's the point, the performance was more or less similar at Europeans. This proves that skating order does count, and a lot.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This team already has the connection on the ice that all great teams do. Now they just need the polish.

And better, more complex choreography. They look like they could handle it. Best American pair I've seen in ages, which of course means they are probably breaking up right as I type this. LOL!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm excited about the future prospects of Scimeca/Kneirem team. They've only been together a year?! I think they could be giving Denney/Coughlin a run for their money in just another year. Definitely will pass the rest of the USA teams including C/S.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
And better, more complex choreography. They look like they could handle it. Best American pair I've seen in ages, which of course means they are probably breaking up right as I type this. LOL!

:rofl::rofl:
I really hope they stick together. 117 is very good

Technically they are promising but I think that S/C have a lot of work to do on the presentation and the overall polish. I am underwhelmed.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I just cringe when these announcers mess up the Chinese names. It's not like they are hard to pronounce. Sheesh.

elif

Medalist
Oh my but the scores are pretty high and this is early on (I know the Italians scored over 120 at Euros but that might have been a bit gratutious. I mean if they skate decently then the Canadians should be in the mid 120's to low 130's with V and T and Squared nearing 140 - well I suppose that is possible.

Already 170! Looks like medal winners need 210 at least.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Hao Zhang is a beast (I mean that in a good way!). But this is a gorilla-flea team and it just looks too weird, like he's skating with his daughter. I'm not sure this is going to work out long term, even though she appears to have worked hard to try to get her skills level up.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Poeta by Vincente Amigo

4Tw - big, caught a bit sideways
3T+2T - she falls on 3T (credit: 3T + fall)
Li
3LoTh - lands, then fall. Perhaps caught a rut?
2A - his landing a bit scratchy
FCCoSp - unison good
3STh - big
Li
BiDs
PCoSp
ChSq
Li

He grimaces after performance. Two falls will cost. They have zero chemistry...

FS: 56.50 + 54.15 - 2.00 = 108.66
Tot: 167.18, in 3rd (out of 8)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Hao Zhang is a beast (I mean that in a good way!). But this is a gorilla-flea team and it just looks too weird, like he's skating with his daughter. I'm not sure this is going to work out long term, even though she appears to have worked hard to try to get her skills level up.

Yeah, I predict that they may be done after next year, especially if they don't medal at the Olympics (which they probably won't).