Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 worlds pairs FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Oh my but the scores are pretty high and this is early on (I know the Italians scored over 120 at Euros but that might have been a bit gratutious. I mean if they skate decently then the Canadians should be in the mid 120's to low 130's with V and T and Squared nearing 140 - well I suppose that is possible.
    Already 170! Looks like medal winners need 210 at least.

Custom Title
    I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!

Custom Title
    Hao Zhang is a beast (I mean that in a good way!). But this is a gorilla-flea team and it just looks too weird, like he's skating with his daughter. I'm not sure this is going to work out long term, even though she appears to have worked hard to try to get her skills level up.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Poeta by Vincente Amigo

4Tw - big, caught a bit sideways
    3T+2T - she falls on 3T (credit: 3T + fall)
    Li
    3LoTh - lands, then fall. Perhaps caught a rut?
    2A - his landing a bit scratchy
    FCCoSp - unison good
    3STh - big
    Li
    BiDs
    PCoSp
    ChSq
    Li

He grimaces after performance. Two falls will cost. They have zero chemistry...

FS: 56.50 + 54.15 - 2.00 = 108.66
    Tot: 167.18, in 3rd (out of 8)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Hao Zhang is a beast (I mean that in a good way!). But this is a gorilla-flea team and it just looks too weird, like he's skating with his daughter. I'm not sure this is going to work out long term, even though she appears to have worked hard to try to get her skills level up.
    Yeah, I predict that they may be done after next year, especially if they don't medal at the Olympics (which they probably won't).

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Maybe Zhang wants to retire but they are not letting him.

Sorry but that team is just ridiculous. She's nowhere, nowhere near his skating ability.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Technically they are promising but I think that S/C have a lot of work to do on the presentation and the overall polish. I am underwhelmed.
    Polish takes time. It's too bad they couldn't spend a year with a really good ice dance coach. But they already look like they have far more innate grace than any other current American team vying for Sochi. A coaching change would probably help.

What's happened to the Chinese? They used to seem so invincable.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Polish takes time. It's too bad they couldn't spend a year with a really good ice dance coach. But they already look like they have far more innate grace than any other current American team vying for Sochi. A coaching change would probably help.
    Yes. Delilah is not a bad developmental, junior team coach but I feel they would need somebody else to move to the next level. Especially presentation wise.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes. Delilah is not a bad developmental, junior team coach but I feel they would need somebody else to move to the next level. Especially presentation wise.
    And the thing is, I think they *could* move to the next level, which is more than you can say for the rest of the top American teams. They just finished in the top 8 at their first world's after little more than what? a year together? I think they have real potential, but they need the right training to get to that next level.

Custom Title
    Wow, everyone is bringing it. This is Fierce. I wonder if the top 8 can handle the pressure. Teams not in the top ten scoring well over 100 is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!
    I hope so. They have nothing to lose now. Rather see them go for th3a and fall than deliver another bland meh performance like in the SP. If you're going to get shot down anyway, at least go out with all guns blazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    And the thing is, I think they *could* move to the next level, which is more than you can say for the rest of the top American teams.
    Oh yeah, they have the technical goods, it's just the case of finishing touches now and building consistency.

Custom Title
    Who would have though that the 2nd place US team would still be leading at Worlds with just two groups to go? Great job S/K.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Already 170! Looks like medal winners need 210 at least.
    Well I think one would medal with 200 probably less.

I have just noticed. Peng/Zhang got higher PCS than Berton/Hotarek. Wow. Seriously?

S/K got 7s. Skating in second group and not even skating to their 100%. Bizarre judging.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Alexa Scimeca looks a bit like Gracie Gold in that red costume.
    YES! I thought I'm the 1 who see it)) They really look similar! Both are beautiful)

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast