Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 worlds pairs FS

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I hope so. They have nothing to lose now. Rather see them go for th3a and fall than deliver another bland meh performance like in the SP. If you're going to get shot down anyway, at least go out with all guns blazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!
    V/T will win anyway at this point, so giving it all is the best strategy, since they don't have a sbs 3Lz like D/R nor inflated scores like the Russians...

Custom Title
    I like the 2nd American couple - it's likable May be, if they continue to improve, they'll be contenders after Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Great score for Scimeca and Knierim! I think they are the future of American pairs skating.
    I agree. I am just loving this young talented American team. A little rough around the edges but they got talent,
    great score for the newbies.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Did Chinese Fed really believe they could get 3 Olympic spots? :/

Custom Title
    OK, so theoretically, if S/K left Sappenfield, what coach would be best for them to get them to the next level? I'm racking my brains. The Florida bunch? Johnny Johns in Michigan? Someone in So Cal?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    WTH? 112 compared to 123 they got for their Euros LP which was similar (she fell on the 3S and here doubled). I absolutely hate this inconsistency in judging from one competition to another.
    At EUros they were in the final group and medal contenders. Here they are just another OES team doubling their triples.

But they were hammered on PCS indeed. Peng and Zhang got higher scores skating to the same music and with not even half of the passion.

Custom Title
    I hate to say it but this might be C/S only trip to Worlds. With D/C coming back next season and S/K and other teams on the rise they might be lucky to make it into the top 5 next season.

Custom Title
    I don't understand why C/S didn't go for any big tricks. This might be their only trip to big event. With 2 hungry young teams behind them and with D/C coming back, they will be out cold. C/S had nothing to lose and they went for 2A and 3Sal? Really? I'm disappointed in them, in all of the talk about 3As and 4Sal. Goodness. They are done.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    OK, so theoretically, if S/K left Sappenfield, what coach would be best for them to get them to the next level? I'm racking my brains. The Florida bunch? Johnny Johns in Michigan? Someone in So Cal?
    Honestly? I would love to see them train with a DANCE coach. LOL. Igor would whip them into shape and teach them about all the NON-jump and overhead lifts elements. LOL Crazy idea, but sometimes a crazy idea can yield great results.

Seriously, one thing I have noticed is that the spins in dance seem to be so much better than in pairs. Or is that just me?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I hate to say it but this might be C/S only trip to Worlds. With D/C coming back next season and S/K and other teams on the rise they might be lucky to make it into the top 5 next season.
    Agree. Next year they'll likely be behind D/C and S/K, fighting for #3 spot with D/F, Z/B, and possibly even D/S (if Donlan can get her jumps together). And an improving L/L.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I don't understand why C/S didn't go for any big tricks. This might be their only trip to big event. With 2 hungry young teams behind them and with D/C coming back, they will be out cold. C/S had nothing to lose and they went for 2A and 3Sal? Really? I'm disappointed in them, in all of the talk about 3As and 4Sal. Goodness. They are done.
    I think they assumed after this they'd come out the US's definitive number 2 team. They didn't realize (foolishly IMO) that S/K might very well beat them and so played it safe.

It is worth noting there was a HUGE PCS gap between S/K and C/S, and not in C/S's favor.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What the hell is wrong with the Chinese Fedaration?!!

Do they want both Sui and Tong to suffer permanent health damage just so they can earn Olympic spots?!!
    In a word: YES :( It was painfully obvious Sui is not recovered

The worst part is that three spots werent never a real possibility. So they are damaging themselves for nothing. At least with only two spots for Sochi I hope they can let Pang & Tong deservedly retire.

Custom Title
    I think S/K have already passed up C/S. Might be to early but this team can only get better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Agree. Next year they'll likely be behind D/C and S/K, fighting for #3 spot with D/F, Z/B, and possibly even D/S (if Donlan can get her jumps together). And an improving L/L.
    Don't forget Brubaker/ Davis too.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I would send Scimeca/Knierim to Canada to Gauthier's team. Choreography from Julie Marcotte.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    The worst part is that three spots werent never a real possibility. So they are damaging themselves for nothing.
    And this makes it even more .

Did they really believe Pang/Tong would medal and one of the other teams would place top 10? Given their current health? Seriously...

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast