2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

flaneur

On the Ice
You can really tell Pang and Tong have been together forever... even skating injured their chemistry is lovely.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I do like P/T but no way was that better than MT/M. I was thinking they would struggle to break 120, never mind 130. The Canadians were outstanding, it was worthy of a medal. Apart from the SBS jumps B/L were pretty decent.

Kinga

Medalist
Maybe MT-M sbs 3S was URed or DG? This could be an explanation of the lower score than expected...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hmm, not sure about Pang/Tong beating M-T/M in the freeskate. Yes, P/T had a lovely freeskate but the errors should have put them in 2nd. This is concerning because if D/R throw down a clean skate, it still might not be enough to beat the Germans or Russians (even if they make mistakes). I should hope that the winning team isn't one that made errors and got held up by PCS.

But top 5 finish guaranteed for M-T/M, as it's looking.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: Pearl Harbour (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

3Tw - bit hard landing
3S - she has hand down
3T+2T+2T - she doubles first jump (credit: 2T+2T+2T)
FCCoSp
FiDs
Li
3FTh
3STh
ChSq
Li
PCoSp
Li

Ends after the music. Some small sbs jump mistakes from her, otherwise solid performance.

FS: 61.38 + 57.81 = 119.19
Tot: 180.17 (PB), in 4th (out of 12)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Did the French missed the last lift and kind of improvised? Or that was the way it's supposed to be?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hmm, not sure about Pang/Tong beating M-T/M in the freeskate. Yes, P/T had a lovely freeskate but the errors should have put them in 2nd. This is concerning because if D/R throw down a clean skate, it still might not be enough to beat the Germans or Russians (even if they make mistakes). I should hope that the winning team isn't one that made errors and got held up by PCS.

But top 5 finish guaranteed for M-T/M, as it's looking.

Yeah, I hoped they would move up but we'l see.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
You can really tell Pang and Tong have been together forever... even skating injured their chemistry is lovely.

Exactly.. As a performance it was light years ahead of MT-M but I still think the canadians should have beaten them considering the TES.

Very tense performance from James/Cipres. Shame because their SP was lovely.

P/T beating M-T/M in the LP is ridiculous

Yeah come on...

Did the French missed the last lift and kind of improvised? Or that was the way it's supposed to be?

They entered it from a long dance lift, didn't have enough speed and then run out of time and music finished. :p