2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

Scout

Final Flight
I dont think anyone does. I cant wait until the next time he competes in Europe or Asia. He will booed before his program next time I bet. Outside of Canada he has become the most controversial and unpopular top skater ever and he deserves every bit of it.

Why does Chan deserve it? Did he award himself the marks? Did he bribe the judges? Did he secretly program the computers to award him high PCS regardless of how he skated? I don't get it. What do you think Chan should have done differently to prevent this?

He didn't deserve to win, but he doesn't deserve verbal abuse either.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
LOL Skaters on twitter are raising hell too about this fiasco

Great to hear. There is no bigger insult and hurt for a skater than losing the respect of their own peers. I hope that is the point Chan has reached. He lost respect from almost all skating fans outside of Canada, and many skating experts and commentators outside Canada long ago.

hybfc

Rinkside
I strangely find myself feeling ok with chan's win. He has already had one lutz advantage over d10 in sp. The fs competition is like chan with a fall on 3a vs D10 with a popped flip. It was not surprising he won...

herios

Medalist
Two extremely questionable wins for Chan, two years in a row. It'll be terrible for figure skating's credibility if this happens at the Olympics.

I'm very disappointed.

I am more than dissapointed. Upset, angry and embarassed. The judges should be ashamed of themselves. Denis wuzrobbed on the highway by them:scowl:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
For those going after Chan, it's not as though there was a huge discrepancy in PCS -- Ten scored only 2 points less in PCS. Patrick's FS was about 16 points less than his personal best, which makes sense.

I would have loved to see Ten win... but let's not forget that Chan landed 2 beautiful quads which saved him, and Ten doubled a 3F, leaving about 5 points on the table. He needed everything to beat even an flawed Patrick. Ten landed a quad and 6 triples; Chan landed 2 quads and 4 clean triples.

I'm wondering why people are so docile about the Germans' FS or Carolina's SP and yet are tearing Chan apart. In all cases, the judges got it wrong. But I'm confused why people are saying "well, Carolina and the Germans are in a higher class of skating than Murakami/Osmond or D/R and M-T/M, so they each deserved 2nd".

Like last year, Chan's quad and lead after the short are what saved him, not a brilliant skate... and as mortified as I'm sure he was to have won that way, he acknowledged that it was due to his SP that he won and apologized for winning with such a flawed freeskate. I thought he was a class act, in spite of winning with such a bad skate.

Becki

Medalist
I like Denis Ten, but how did his PCs increase by 20+ overnight? O_O I thought things like SS don't really change much regardless of one's performance. Ahhh so confused.

Krislite

Medalist
I like Denis Ten, but how did his PCs increase by 20+ overnight? O_O I thought things like SS don't really change much regardless of one's performance. Ahhh so confused.

No. The judges were compensating for Chan's marks. They needed to boost his PCS to keep Ten on the podium. In fact, some of them might have actually tried to place him first.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL Skaters on twitter are raising hell too about this fiasco

Ok, Name names! (I'm assuming you don't mean skaters you'd see at the mall.)

I don't do twitter, but am dying to know.

tae04

On the Ice
The problem is the PCS. When skaters fall several times there should be an automatic deduction off PCS as well imo (like .25 or .50 off each mark). Scoring 89 in PCS, is like getting 6.0s in the old system even with 3 falls. Doesn't make sense.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Max Aaron 7th's place is the best World's debut since 2010 when Adam finished 6th. But Adam's 6th came in a depleted field, so I think Max's placement is more noteworthy.
Actually, his 7th place debut is only outranked (in the last 10 years) by Rippon (6th, 2010), Lysacek (3rd, 2005) and Weir (5th, 2004)

Well done. :clap:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Congrats to Patrick Chan, three-time world champion! You could definitely have done a better LP but hey, it's a two-program competition and you won overall. Hopefully this fires you up for next year.

Congrats to D10 and Javier for making history with the first Worlds medal for their countries. Great to see such a happy podium!!

Just noticed all the medallists' programs are choreographed by Canadians... now that's a Kanadian Konspiracy at its best! ;)

Becki

Medalist
I know Hanyu isnt in top form but I still wanted him to podium :cry:

Me too...he was pretty close. His 4S was downgraded, and an 'edge' call on the flip. I haven't watched his performance yet, but his PCs seems a bit low? :S Oh well, on the bright side, he's going to rest up and be all prepared for the Olympic Season!

To think Hanyu is #4 with the highest TES of the night even a sprained ankle and on pain killers, he's truly one talented man. Unfortunately, this is not his year. He will be WC soon :)