2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

Becki

Medalist
I didn't have the courage to watch Yuzuru's performance. But I tuned in at the end to catch the quick replay. I am so proud of him, almost shred a tear. His PCs seems a bit low...but nevertheless, i am proud!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seriously lately I feel Hanyu will collapse in the middle of his Lps and I dont enjoy them at all, his arm movements are never finished, he leans so uch forward and it looks like he is rushing through everything..

jan

On the Ice
I think he has a lot of potential but his skating is not nearly as refined as Chan's...not yet!
Seriously lately I feel Hanyu will collapse in the middle of his Lps and I dont enjoy them at all, his arm movements are never finished, he leans so uch forward and it looks like he is rushing through everything..

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I hope Yuzuru will peak at the Olympics next year. I'm happy he did ok here, but somehow I just feel sorry for him. Last year I was so awed and loved everything about him at Worlds. Here it just seems like going through the motions. The exhaustion is getting worse, I hope it is just because he is sick.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Florent AMODIO (FRA)

Music: Jumpin' Jack by Sebastien Damiani
Broken Sorrow by Nuttin' But Stringz arr. by Sebastien Damiani
To Build a Home by Cinematic Orchestra arr. by Sebastien Damani

3S
4S - fall, slid into boards
3A - skid landing
FCSp
StSq
3A - turnout, no combo
3F - e
3Lz
3S+2T
CSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Quite a lot of costly mistakes, it'll be hard for him to pull up

FS: 63.52 + 78.58 - 1.00 = 141.10
Tot: 216.83, in 3rd (out of 14)

Becki

Medalist
I hope Yuzuru will peak at the Olympics next year. I'm happy he did ok here, but somehow I just feel sorry for him. Last year I was so awed and loved everything about him at Worlds. Here it just seems like going through the motions. The exhaustion is getting worse, I hope it is just because he is sick.

He is recovering from a knee injury :S You can tell at the K&C area he was rubbing his knee. Yes, I hope he peaks at the Olympics too :)

yuki

Final Flight
Yuzuru really fought for everything today, I'm so proud of him!

That said, the program itself is nothing to write home about and completely pales in comparison to his last year's LP. He didn't seem committed to his choreography in the same way he did last year and was more or less going through the motions.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think he has a lot of potential but his skating is not nearly as refined as Chan's...not yet!
I m a huge fan I just dont get how his sp is choreographed to the last detail, and the lp looks the opposite. But he is a fighter considering his condition.

artsciboy

On the Ice

Agreed. He looked like he was in pain half way through the program and became extra floppy. I know he has asthma, but at least to my knowledge there are no pity points under the COP to account for asthma. He was overscored on PCS.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Do you guys think Yuzuru is likely to continue through to 2018 or retire before then? I always find myself worried after his long programs because he's always bent over trying to catch his breath.

Javi is so adorbs as well.