2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

artsciboy

On the Ice
Whenever I watch Javier skate, I can't help but think that he skates to these sloppy/tipsy "character" programs like Chaplin and Pirates so that he can pass off his slips as choreographic nuances.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh god, I'm so nervous for Daisuke. I don't know if I really have the courage to watch him.

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I would have loved to see Javi medalling with this Chaplin free skate. Too bad it won't become true although the judges were generous to him this time.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Nice comeback from Javier! Was that 4s after the halfway mark? I think it might have been, that should earn a giant chunk of distribution bonus marks.

On the other hand, I never want to see a Chaplin tribute in skating ever again.

auser

Record Breaker
Javier is killing me...1 awesome quad followed by a popped jump x 2...
I really enjoyed the program though even if it wasn't as perfectly executed as we would like. He has such an entertaining blend of athleticism and artistry.

giulia95

Medalist
Do you guys think Yuzuru is likely to continue through to 2018 or retire before then? I always find myself worried after his long programs because he's always bent over trying to catch his breath.

Javi is so adorbs as well.

He just needs to go back to his former coach to start being Yuzuru Hanyu again.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I'm looking forward to the fact that Brian Joubert will be in the final flight tonight. This is Joubert's last Worlds and for someone who has been to about 10 World Championships, it's a nice way for him to go out with a chance to finish in the top 5.

tae04

On the Ice
Happy Javi is in 1st so far. Those quads were amazing! Hanyu's skating is very sloppy to me.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I am confused...how did he end up with 168 with so many pops?!? O_O

Technically, I think he only had two pops. I don't count the back-half of popped jump combinations pops.

Like IP said, two quads, five triples with one quad in the second-half of the program.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I am confused...how did he end up with 168 with so many pops?!? O_O

Garnered more points for his well done quads and Hanyu looked like he was gonna faint in his program probably really dinged him in PCS for that. Hanyu got an 80 in PCS to Javi's 85, but Javi really plays the Chaplin character well.

Becki

Medalist
Garnered more points for his well done quads and Hanyu looked like he was gonna faint in his program probably really dinged him in PCS for that.

I watched Fernandez's performance, and his pops really took away from his performance for me. I honestly didn't think he deserved that high of a score..but oh well.

And no way is Fernandez "better" than Hanyu in skating skills....(I just looked at the protocol)...