2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Very smart. Landed 2 3Lutz. Second lutz + 3Sal.

Very smart!!!

He doubled the 4Sal. Then realized he can repeat another jump. Repeated the 3lutz. GREAT JOB MAX!!!!!!!!
Salvage some points from the popped Sal.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Max AARON (USA)

Music: Westside Story by Leonard Bernstein

4S+2T - slightly twofooted on 4S
2S
FCCoSp
StSq
CCoSp
3A+2T
3Lz - bit wild landing
3A - glided into the boards (no fall, though)!
CSSp
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3F
ChSq
3Lo

One pop, but landed the rest. He seems happy.

FS: 85.86 + 74.30 = 160.16
Tot: 238.36 (PB), in 3rd (out of 17)

FTnoona

Final Flight
This might go in front of Hanyu, but don't really seeing it passing Javi. His jumps had nice flow out of it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Max sure knows how to maneuver the rink to prevent Midori-Ito like disasters. Good for him. He should be proud.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Good for him! GOOD FOR HIM! One pop does not make a meltdown. I admit, I laughed a little at the 3A+wall, but only because it reminded me of Midori Ito.

"There was no stopping him ... even the boards couldn't stop him!" --British Eurosport

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Okay this rink is clearly too small.

Yes, but I've been predicting that Max Aaron would eventually hit the boards some time in his career on a 4Sal or 3Axel landing. He gets a lot of length on his jumps and places them right in those corners...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good for him! GOOD FOR HIM! One pop does not make a meltdown. I admit, I laughed a little at the 3A+wall, but only because it reminded me of Midori Ito.

great minds think alike, aftertherain! Just made a Midori reference myself!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I would love to see this guy live. So lot of energy that he crashes into the bords :laugh:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think too many people here are bestowing magical powers on Han Yan. Having a first senior competition be Worlds has never been a great idea for rising international juniors--yes, I think he would have crumbled and the better bet was Nan Song as long as Song was reasonably healthy. Besides, Han is so little that he looks pretty ridiculous skating out there with grown men. I don't think that would have helped him with judges. (And winning Chinese nationals doesn't necessarily mean all that much.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think too many people here are bestowing magical powers on Han Yan. Having a first senior competition be Worlds has never been a great idea for rising international juniors--yes, I think he would have crumbled and the better bet was Nan Song as long as Song was reasonably healthy. Besides, Han is so little that he looks pretty ridiculous skating out there with grown men. I don't think that would have helped him with judges. (And winning Chinese nationals doesn't necessarily mean all that much.)

He did win bronze at 4CC though?