2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
A chan win will be sweet. It just shows you how stupid the judging system is. He has no respect from fans except Canadians or skaters. His name will forever be tarnished by his constantly controversial 'wins'.

Jump wise it was not good. But he will win which makes one question just how much of a legit sport this really is at this point.

LisaS

On the Ice
Doesn't Jouberts skate remind you of 2000 Worlds when Stojko was nearing the end of his career and everyone wrote him off, and then he finished 2nd?

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I love Brian! - love him! - That's all... I'm almost weeping, what a glorious feeling... Was it perfect? No. But.... glorious, nonetheless...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When even the British Eurosport guys talk about how it would be the shoddiest performance to win etc etc, you know it's bad, since they never have a bad word to say about anyone.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I hope Ten has the skate of his life. He is the only hope to beat Chan at this point. Joubert did well for him but he probably wont even stay ahead of Fernandez. He simply isnt good enough for a huge score at this stage of his career.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
You're telling me. But why are people surprised???

Like I said, ISU judges and Cinquanta are the ones who need to be slapped around. But better yet, everyone should leave ISU in droves and start their own skating union made up solely for the sport of figure skating and figure skaters, NOT speed skaters running things for a sport they know zip about.

If only.

I'm so completely disgusted by the entire judging system and how it skews what should be the results and placements, that I think after this Worlds, I'm pretty much done with the sport. Last year discontinued my long-running membership in USFSA. After tomorrow, I'm not really even interested in watching anymore. And I've been following skating for 40+ years. Bad as the old 6.0 system was, I think if I had to choose new vs old, I'd go with the old system.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Questions after Chan

A. Did this really score better than Rostelcom?
B. What should the fall deduction be?
C. Is this the absolute weirdest WC ever?
D. Why do some people even bother to watch FS if everybody sucks according to them?
E. Do fans care too much about falls?
F. Do you want me to judge the men's competition?
G. Where can I get more thin mints?

:p

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
People talk about the US being for the home team all the time but they wouldn't even give a standing ovation for a performance like that. Canada is really going overboard with these standing ovations it's going way beyond just sup[porting the home team.

It's always been that way in Canada. In our audience's defense, they're pretty generous with the cheering for other skaters, too. I've been to two events in this country and felt like people were standing for every other performance.

Although Canadians do get particularly appreciative treatment.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Why does Joubert plan two 3Flips in his program in the first place when he gets an edge deduction on it?!?! Joubert why didn't you do a 3Loop??? WHY DID YOU WASTE THAT ENTIRE JUMPING PASS??!?!

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ Dont you mind Aaron was all quads? So much for jumps is not everything campaign....
Thats a disaster competition, I love you Brian, you saved worlds for me.