2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

Art&Sport

Medalist
Good for Javi, because I was about to throw up had Reynolds been in front of Denis. I am now puking and can't stand listening to Pat being interviewed.

Judges finally caught Reynolds on the URs, plus they dropped Kevin in order to reduce the heat from having kept Chan propped up. I so badly wanted to see Denis pull this out and he would have had he gotten through the mid-section minefield of jumps better. Still he only doubled out a few and never lost his fabulous artistry, which is eons better than Patrick Chan's self-conscious shtick.

I hope this is a boon for Denis to come back even stronger next year. I always loved him and I'd like to know what finally clicked for him. He needs to find that throughout an entire free program. He nearly did here. The sport does itself no favors by rewarding Patrick Chan, just because. Denis, who is a complete skater is the kind of guy who should be rewarded for making minimal errors while landing the big stuff and finessing that gorgeous program. Brilliant concept! And sweet Lamby is Denis' mentor. Ohhh, Frank, if you could only guide a true artist to Olympic gold. Gosh, what a dream that would be!

auser

Record Breaker
:laugh: Who says there is no unintended humor in Figure Skating? While Eurosports comms were acknowledging Chan's remarkable achievement of another WC, replay camera shows him falling on his butt.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He had a 7 point led over Ten from the short (I think it was 7)

So the real question is... was his free skate within 7 points of Ten?

No flippin' way.

This isn't Chan's fault. This is the judges' fault.

But Chan will take the brunt of the abuse.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I doubt he is mortified. He is so egotistical I am sure he feels he deserves to win an event even with 8 falls.

Egotistical or not, NO skater wants to win like that. Something needs to be done about the judging, out with Cinquanta let figure skaters govern figure skaters...

kirkyo

Rinkside
Honestly having watched this sport for so long, I can't even get too worked up over the result. But, I do feel a bit sad for the sport, really. It's depressing.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
saving it for sochi?

:rofl:

I hope he is. I really hope he is. But I think what's gonna happen is basically all the other men are going to up their tech content (again) and work their asses off to skate clean. This season was a warning shot to Chan, and he narrowly missed getting the message.

Reynolds just .95 in front of Takahashi but Japan loses their 3 spots

Hanyu's 4th, Takahashi's 6th. 10 points, which is less than the maximum of 13.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Well, we need a new judging system, that's for damn sure. But I doubt anyone's going to raise much hoopla for the ISU's deaf ears to hear--Ten and Fernandez are probably ecstatic just to be on the podium.