Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Men LP

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    If only Ten had completed that Triple Flip . . .

Custom Title
    congrats to patrick for,winning worl titleto
    Dennis ten & Javier Fernandez for coming in 2nd & 3rd respectively. For winning your countries first medl in the sport.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Top 3 shockers

1 Chan's Fraudulent win
    2 Denis Ten on the podium
    3 Hanyu not on the podium
    Hanyu was 4th. Very proud of him given his conditions!! He fought for every single point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Patrick Chan Scores win again.
    Isn't it Points for Canadian Skaters?

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Some pages back before the results came out I wrote I felt sorry for Patrick Chan. I take that back.

I pray to god that Daisuke will change his mind about the next World Championships and will compete. In Japan.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkyo View Post

They should handle it like gymnastics and have the coaches run over to the judges with money.
    Lol I agree! Seriously though, someone should contest this, that's the only way for the ISU to take note that skaters aren't going to take crap from the judges. I think The GS Forum should start a revolution and over throw the ISU...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    I think Chan won because the choir did not know the anthem of Kazakhstan!

Custom Title
    Protocols

Chan's first two elements got him nearly thirty points! Quads matter, and when you can get almost straight +3's for them.... well, you have leeway. Thankfully, and rarely for the man, he got straight -3's for his two elements with falls. The judges could've been stricter with the GOEs in general, and should have been (probably) - especially for his spins.

Ten's protocols make lovely reading. No negative GOES. Two judges giving him 9's across the board (generous, but still pleasant). Absolutely shellacked Chan on GOEs (rightfully, of course) and was very close on PCS. Just not close enough (or more accurately, Chan's PCS should've really been low 8s, behind Fernandez, Ten and Takahashi).

Hanyu had high base value and solid GOEs

Fernandez had VERY low base value (70 points) but astonishing GOE kept him in the game. I truly believe he'll be the one to challenge Chan next year.

One judge scored Aaron in the mid 8s. Hilarious.

Good for Rogozine to have a top ten LP and for 13th overall. Strange to think that if Reynolds was gone and Rogozine 12th, it would've been enough to keep three spots.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    He thanked the audience for supporting him, apologized for not skating two good programs, said that he's saving it for Sochi.
    Oh please, Patrick. You're a nice guy, but pleeze, you've had too many gifts given already for your SS, while imitating a Zamboni. It's not against Canadians at all, but maybe if they'd hyped you less, and the judges had gifted you less, you might have been hungrier and steadier to just put it out here and be worthy of being a three-time World champion. In fact, you should only be a two-time World champion: 2009 (if you'd kept your mouth shut), and 2011 where you took no prisoners and skated fabulously. In 2012, you did not deserve to win. Even less so at these championships.

I hope you just find some home-cooking at the Cricket club and keep away from Detroit, although I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms, as will everyone back in Colorado. It's Denis Ten who saved this men's competition from utter craptastic boredom.

Yay to Denis Ten!!!

Custom Title

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    Lol I agree! Seriously though, someone should contest this, that's the only way for the ISU to take note that skaters aren't going to take crap from the judges. I think The GS Forum should start a revolution and over throw the ISU...
    Or just use video analyzing software to score the TES portion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I dont think anyone does. I cant wait until the next time he competes in Europe or Asia. He will booed before his program next time I bet. Outside of Canada he has become the most controversial and unpopular top skater ever and he deserves every bit of it.
    The judges made it so clear that there was no use booing.

Custom Title
    LOL Skaters on twitter are raising hell too about this fiasco

Custom Title
    Okay I think Yuzuru had the highest TES of the night even with a sprained ankle and on painkillers :O :O how talented is this boy ? O_O

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    So, mulling over the results, the following question keeps popping up in my mind: is this the most controversial result in mens championship history, or have there been any that were even more fractious (although I find that hard to imagine)?
    I'm gonna argue that 2012 was more fractious. Takahashi has more fans than Ten, and seems a more credible world champion. Additionally, Chan skated poorly in both segments really, whereas here he had a strong short program. Additionally, at least Chan lost the LP this year. He didn't in 2012, when it was obvious to all he deserved to.

imo, of course. Both victories were poor.

Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast