Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Men LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I dont think anyone does. I cant wait until the next time he competes in Europe or Asia. He will booed before his program next time I bet. Outside of Canada he has become the most controversial and unpopular top skater ever and he deserves every bit of it.
    Why does Chan deserve it? Did he award himself the marks? Did he bribe the judges? Did he secretly program the computers to award him high PCS regardless of how he skated? I don't get it. What do you think Chan should have done differently to prevent this?

He didn't deserve to win, but he doesn't deserve verbal abuse either.

Custom Title
    Cmon Mao88, let's get those vids going

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    The Patrick Chan Scores were being handed out in a country that might as well be renamed cHanada......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    LOL Skaters on twitter are raising hell too about this fiasco
    Great to hear. There is no bigger insult and hurt for a skater than losing the respect of their own peers. I hope that is the point Chan has reached. He lost respect from almost all skating fans outside of Canada, and many skating experts and commentators outside Canada long ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Hanyu was 4th. Very proud of him given his conditions!! He fought for every single point.
    I know Hanyu isnt in top form but I still wanted him to podium

Tripping on the Podium
    I strangely find myself feeling ok with chan's win. He has already had one lutz advantage over d10 in sp. The fs competition is like chan with a fall on 3a vs D10 with a popped flip. It was not surprising he won...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Two extremely questionable wins for Chan, two years in a row. It'll be terrible for figure skating's credibility if this happens at the Olympics.

I'm very disappointed.
    I am more than dissapointed. Upset, angry and embarassed. The judges should be ashamed of themselves. Denis wuzrobbed on the highway by them

Custom Title
    For those going after Chan, it's not as though there was a huge discrepancy in PCS -- Ten scored only 2 points less in PCS. Patrick's FS was about 16 points less than his personal best, which makes sense.

I would have loved to see Ten win... but let's not forget that Chan landed 2 beautiful quads which saved him, and Ten doubled a 3F, leaving about 5 points on the table. He needed everything to beat even an flawed Patrick. Ten landed a quad and 6 triples; Chan landed 2 quads and 4 clean triples.

I'm wondering why people are so docile about the Germans' FS or Carolina's SP and yet are tearing Chan apart. In all cases, the judges got it wrong. But I'm confused why people are saying "well, Carolina and the Germans are in a higher class of skating than Murakami/Osmond or D/R and M-T/M, so they each deserved 2nd".

Like last year, Chan's quad and lead after the short are what saved him, not a brilliant skate... and as mortified as I'm sure he was to have won that way, he acknowledged that it was due to his SP that he won and apologized for winning with such a flawed freeskate. I thought he was a class act, in spite of winning with such a bad skate.

Custom Title
    I like Denis Ten, but how did his PCs increase by 20+ overnight? O_O I thought things like SS don't really change much regardless of one's performance. Ahhh so confused.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    Very pertinently, the site is going through maintenance. LOL

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post

I'm wondering why people are so docile about the Germans' FS or Carolina's SP and yet are tearing Chan apart.
    I'll bite. Hate those results as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I like Denis Ten, but how did his PCs increase by 20+ overnight? O_O I thought things like SS don't really change much regardless of one's performance. Ahhh so confused.
    No. The judges were compensating for Chan's marks. They needed to boost his PCS to keep Ten on the podium. In fact, some of them might have actually tried to place him first.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    LOL Skaters on twitter are raising hell too about this fiasco
    Ok, Name names! (I'm assuming you don't mean skaters you'd see at the mall.)

I don't do twitter, but am dying to know.

Custom Title
    They should give the audience bags of milk- to toss into the ice after a bad skate

Custom Title
    The problem is the PCS. When skaters fall several times there should be an automatic deduction off PCS as well imo (like .25 or .50 off each mark). Scoring 89 in PCS, is like getting 6.0s in the old system even with 3 falls. Doesn't make sense.

Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast