Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Men LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Even if I'm short of getting lynched by saying this but I didn't think Denis Ten was that amazing either.......
    No lynching but damn you are one tough customer!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    What a competition for Denis Ten. He was brilliant. Congrats to Patrick, Denis and Javier!

Shout out to Hanyu for coming back great in the FS that took guts and determination!

No words for Dai, being a uber I wished it turned out differently for him but thats the way of Sport.
    Uhhh, I think that's more the way of figure skating that doesn't have any credibility, since Dai should be the defending World champion from last year. It's also the way of trying to go back to a latter-day Morozov's iffy influence. It's also the way of having to put too many quad demands on a jump-injured aging body.

Custom Title
    Still crying over Daisukes result, tbh. Where are you Daisuke lovers? Let's wail! Only 6th in his last Worlds! This is worth crying over.

Concerning PChan - where are those banana-plushy-throwing fans when you need them? Kind of happy that Kevin Reynolds didn't make it to the podium. I don't know this whole event left me unsatisfied almost like 4CC just a little better. Even if I'm short of getting lynched by saying this but I didn't think Denis Ten was that amazing either.......
    Every other year he does great so hopefully the pattern will continue.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    don't you know? he captivates you with the fire in his eyes.
    If that were the case, they should create a platinum medal just for Dai.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Let us hope that he peaks at the Olympics next year. We need to hold a prayer circle, tbh.
    I'm all for it. On the other hand I'm so afraid that the judges, after theses last 2 competitions, don't see him as a favourite anymore and moved on.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    But that's the difference. Skaters extraordinaire like Dai, Denis, Abbott, Savoie, Cranston, Lambiel, Weir, Curry, Browning, Sawyer, Robin Cousins, Jason Brown -- they all have artistry and musical interpretation that is as natural to them as breathing. Not so for Patrick Chan.
    They are all artists whereas Chan is a technician; he seems to go through the motions of artistry with little soul or emotion and doesn't appear to feel the music. I think he's trying to improve in this area but his efforts to express feelings on ice end up looking disingenuous. I feel nothing when I watch him skate. Hate to say it, but actually I feel more soul from Kevin Reynolds. Now Dai on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    What were some of you (with FAR more expertise than me) expecting PC's freeskate score to be? I was trying to guesstimate based on those that had gone before, and his pedigree and the parts of his skate that WERE really beautiful- and i was guessing/expecting 158-160; but not 169.
    I was thinking around 150-155. He had 4 major mistakes. It's time to change the GOE system. We should only award -(negative). If you execute an element cleanly then it only should get 0(zero) instead of +2 and +3.

I'm all for it. On the other hand I'm so afraid that the judges, after theses last 2 competitions, don't see him as a favourite anymore and moved on.
    My answer to that is:

DAISUKE TAKAHASHI, YOU GO BACK TO PASQUALE CAMERLENGO RIGHT THIS INSTANT. Morozov is obviously not doing you any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Uhhh, I think that's more the way of figure skating that doesn't have any credibility, since Dai should be the defending World champion from last year. It's also the way of trying to go back to a latter-day Morozov's iffy influence. It's also the way of having to put too many quad demands on a jump-injured aging body.
    It is what it is. I gave up bickering about judges scores a long time ago. Sorry.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I'd score it around 160-161 myself. So assuming that ptf and I represent a range, lets call it 158.
    That sounds quite fair. Even 162 would have been within reason. Anything higher than that though no.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkyo View Post
    No lynching but damn you are one tough customer!
    I just thought they all lacked, and even though Denis Ten was not bad, he is not the amazing wuzzrobbed Champion people are trying to make him, imho. Compare this event to 2012. Nice was such a joy. London not so much.....I think no one deserved to win here.

Still crying over Daisukes result, tbh. Where are you Daisuke lovers? Let's wail! Only 6th in his last Worlds! This is worth crying over.

Concerning PChan - where are those banana-plushy-throwing fans when you need them? Kind of happy that Kevin Reynolds didn't make it to the podium. I don't know this whole event left me unsatisfied almost like 4CC just a little better. Even if I'm short of getting lynched by saying this but I didn't think Denis Ten was that amazing either.......
    Mai I posted a link in Dai's Fan Fest where you can send him a messge of good cheer.

Medalist
    Let us hope that he peaks at the Olympics next year. We need to hold a prayer circle, tbh.
    Yes!! The commentators on British Eurosport were dumping on Patrick Chan big time but they sure love D10, Hanyu and Dai. One said he's never seen Dai skate that LP with so much passion and artistry. It gave me goosebumps.

And, Dai is still the most popular figure skater in the world - he's a rock star - and people will flock to see him skate after he retires. Chan on the other hand...meh.

Custom Title
    I am curious how this result will impact tomorrow's scoring. I get the impression that in an attempt to look fair, when there is a call that could go either way, the judges may lean against V/M, W/P and Osmond.

Similar to today's pairs results (with S/S taking silver), I actually can understand why it went the way it did... even if it feels wrong. Ten rightfully won the FS, but since Chan had almost ten marks on him through the SP and with 2 perfect quads (vs. 1 good one) + PCS that does not disappear for jumping mistakes, it was not enough to catch him. In all, except for Ten, it was just a poorly skated event by all the men, not just Chan... which is another reason for the results.

Custom Title

Well, maybe that's because you're a Dai and/ or Hanyu fan. Javi wasn't all that amazing, but I think he is worthy of being on the podium. Denis was magnifico in the sp and quite brilliant in the fp. He began to let himself down halfway through by doubling a few jumps, but he didn't lose hold of his amazing artistry not one whit and was still at strength technically jump-wise at the end. Plus Denis didn't give in to cleaning the ice like quite a few competitors.

As a matter of fact, Patrick did not skate so far and above everyone in the sp either, as I said in the sp thread, and he was way over-scored with that 98. Now a lot of people are agreeing with me. That and Denis' doubled jumps, and the judges' contrary insistence on still rewarding Patrick in the fp is what kept Denis from winning. I doubt the judges wanted to give the championship to Denis, but they would have had no choice had Denis landed all his triples perfectly, cuz everything else he did was perfect. Even the concept of Denis' program is so far head-and-shoulders above most of what Patrick has done and recycled over the years.

Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast