Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Men LP

Custom Title
    Amazing falls as always, Pchiddy. This sport is so funny. In gymnastics, it used to be a scandal when a great gymnast won with a fall over a horrible performance with no falls. In figure skating, Patrick needs more than 3 falls to lose to two perfect programs. Well... Seriously, I'd feel embarrassed in Patrick's place. It happens time after the time. All the time. Sorry Patrick fans, but I'd be ashamed to see my favorite skater win a gold medal with THAT performance. AGAIN.

There's absolutely no need for men's competition. Just give him the olympic gold already.

And congrats to the gold medalist Denis ten! Never expected such an amazing performance!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^No, no don't get me wrong. I think the standings are ok. If you look at the scores they are all actually really close. And even though I'm a fan of Dai and Yuzuru I don't think they deserve to be on the podium. Denis Ten or Javier deserve it. The SP actually decided this event. And Daisuke and Yuzuru didn't deliver. I'm not denying this.

The rules clearly need to be changed. Whoever has the most falls and falls the best deserves to win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    a bit underscored, should have been a 250+
    Hanyu was extremely slow tonight, no power, no speed and he pretty much passed out at the end of his routine. The scores were fair.

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    The rules clearly need to be changed. Whoever has the most falls and falls the best deserves to win.
    Isn't that how it already is?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    ^No, no don't get me wrong. I think the standings are ok. If you look at the scores they are all actually really close. And even though I'm a fan of Dai and Yuzuru I don't think they deserve to be on the podium. Denis Ten or Javier deserve it. The SP actually decided this event. And Daisuke and Yuzuru didn't deliver. I'm not denying this.

Custom Title
    Voronov at 2012 worlds outscored kovtun.

Custom Title
    Todd Eldredge: "Is Chanflation back? Or did it ever leave? Shouldn't falling affect components? Puzzled in FL!"

This could be fascinating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Even though that wasn't the best performance jump-wise, I think I just became a fan of someone I only mildly liked before.
    Fernandez was most enjoyable to watch despite the pops. The jumps he did do were excellent quality and very impressive. His skating skills have improved so much. Plus, he really knows how to project himself to the judges and the audience. The 5+ points lead in PCS over Hanyu was the right call.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    Similar to today's pairs results (with S/S taking silver), I actually can understand why it went the way it did... even if it feels wrong. Ten rightfully won the FS, but since Chan had almost ten marks on him through the SP and with 2 perfect quads (vs. 1 good one) + PCS that does not disappear for jumping mistakes, it was not enough to catch him. In all, except for Ten, it was just a poorly skated event by all the men, not just Chan... which is another reason for the results.
    This is what I was trying to say, but obviously failed. A poor WC, but the results make sense. I'm just so happy this weird season is over now!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Todd Eldredge: "Is Chanflation back? Or did it ever leave? Shouldn't falling affect components? Puzzled in FL!"

This could be fascinating.
    Just like with 6.0 and mandatory deductions they should do so with 10.00 in pcs!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Seriously. This is sport is SO wrong in every single way.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Okay I think Yuzuru had the highest TES of the night even with a sprained ankle and on painkillers :O :O how talented is this boy ? O_O
    Yuzuru will medal at Olympics next year! He will be strong and healthy!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post

And no way is Fernandez "better" than Hanyu in skating skills....(I just looked at the protocol)...

On the contrary, Fernandez was miles better than Hanyu in skating skills tonight. Your statement is clearly a biased preconception based past performances as opposed to what was actually on the ice tonight. In the arena this evening, Hanyu was crawling through the rink like a turtle. Fernandez showed much power and speed in his delivery. No reasonable person can possibly score Hanyu higher in SS over Fernandez this evening.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    I am curious how this result will impact tomorrow's scoring. I get the impression that in an attempt to look fair, when there is a call that could go either way, the judges may lean against V/M, W/P and Osmond.

Similar to today's pairs results (with S/S taking silver), I actually can understand why it went the way it did... even if it feels wrong. Ten rightfully won the FS, but since Chan had almost ten marks on him through the SP and with 2 perfect quads (vs. 1 good one) + PCS that does not disappear for jumping mistakes, it was not enough to catch him. In all, except for Ten, it was just a poorly skated event by all the men, not just Chan... which is another reason for the results.
    Aha, S/S are not Patrick Chan, flaneur, and no attempts by you to compare what happened in the pairs event to this smelly men's event is gonna make S/S suddenly appear to be like Patrick Chan. Not similar at all. If it were even close to being similar, S/S would have won over V/T by decimal points! The judges rapped S/S on the wrist in the sp for a good effort, and then rightly took marks away from their PB for this season's ill-advised fp with minor errors. But as far as guts, innovation, creativity and risk-taking, Aliona and Robin are light years ahead of Mr. Chan, and frankly the judges have always tended to grudgingly give S/S the marks that they'd prefer to bestow on any viable Russian or Chinese pair.

Aliona and Robin have deserved every championship they've won. Can't say the same for Patrick Chan. S/S won last year by a hair's breadth over V/T who had a great fp, but a crappy sp with a major error. S/S have never won by some of the huge margins that Chan has been anointed with.

And furthermore, if Aliona and Robin had made the type of numerous errors that Chan made, they would have been far behind D/R and maybe even off the podium, capeesh?

Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast