2014 Olympics Spots obtained at 2013 Worlds.. | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Spots obtained at 2013 Worlds..

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Now, that the pairs competition is over, the 16 spots already qualified for Sochi are:

Russia - 3
Germany - 2
Canada - 3
China - 2
France - 2
United States - 2
Italy - 2

4 remaining spots will be given at Nebelhorn Trophy in September.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
China 2... It's the first time since 1998, when Shen/Zhao were the only Chinese pair and finished 5th...

SamuraiKike

Medalist
China 2... It's the first time since 1998, when Shen/Zhao were the only Chinese pair and finished 5th...

Hopefully that means Pang & Tong can retire now and live happily ever after :D... Now, seriously I really hope Peng/Zhang and Sui/Han (if she's recoverd) or even Yu/Jin or Wang/Zhang get to go instead. CHN needs to look at the future and not force their veterans. Pang & Tong already had a wonderful carreer and need to rest their bodies.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I feel bad for Pang/Tong , they are on a decline even worst than K/S with their many injuries
but I guess they don't have any other pairs left, Sui/Han will break up soon as she has gotten taller, Peng/Zheng are mismatch in age and qualities

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I feel bad for Pang/Tong , they are on a decline even worst than K/S with their many injuries
but I guess they don't have any other pairs left, Sui/Han will break up soon as she has gotten taller, Peng/Zheng are mismatch in age and qualities

They Do. They have tons of teams actually but with the fed closed minded policy do not develop them properly. Even if Sui does not recover. Peng/Zhang, Yu/Jin and Wang/Zhang are good enough teams with decent scores who can do decently at Sochi and get stronger for the next olympic cycle.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They Do. They have tons of teams actually but with the fed closed minded policy do not develop them properly. Even if Sui does not recover. Peng/Zhang, Yu/Jin and Wang/Zhang are good enough teams with decent scores who can do decently at Sochi and get stronger for the next olympic cycle.

I agree if they keep holding up P/T, they might go to a Transition period going until after 2018

SamuraiKike

Medalist
After that CRAZY Men's competition the 24 spots qualified for Sochi are:

Canada - 3
Kazakshtan - 2
Spain - 2
Japan - 3
United States - 2
France - 2
Czech Republic - 2
Germany - 1
China - 1
Uzbekistan - 1
Russia - 1
Sweden - 1
Belgium - 1
Austria - 1
Estonia - 1

6 remaining spots will be given at Nebelhorn Trophy in September.

gimble

On the Ice
After that CRAZY Men's competition the 24 spots qualified for Sochi are:

Kazakshtan - 2

6 remaining spots will be given at Nebelhorn Trophy in September.

Why doesn't Kazakshtan get 3 spots for Sochi with Ten getting a silver medal?

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Kazakhstan gets 2 beacuse there were 2 KAZ skaters competing here. Rakigmaliev didnt make it to the LP so he gets 18 points + 2 from Ten = 20.

Any skater who places 16th-24th gets 16 points so Verner(16) + Brezina (10) = 26.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Kazakhstan gets 2 beacuse there were 2 KAZ skaters competing here. Rakigmaliev didnt make it to the LP so he gets 18 points + 2 from Ten = 20.

Any skater who places 16th-24th gets 16 points so Verner(16) + Brezina (10) = 26.

Oops I didn't know about points. I thought that their results are summed up directly. Thanks.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Dance Results are over. The 19 spots qualified for Sochi are:

United States - 3
Canada - 3
Russia - 3
Italy - 2
France - 2
Germany - 2
Great Britain - 1
Ukraine - 1
Lithuania - 1
Azerbaiyan - 1

Another 5 will be decided at Nebelhorn. However LTU likely wont use their spot as Tobias was denied citizenship so the 6th team ranked in Nebelhorn may still have a chance.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
And, FINALLY the 24 spots for ladies :

South Korea - 3
Italy - 2
Japan - 3
United States - 3
China - 2
Canada - 2
Russia - 2
France - 1
Sweden - 1
UKraine - 1
Estonia - 1
Slovakia - 1
Germany - 1
Great Britain - 1

Kittosuni

Medalist
So i have a question, since russsia is hosting the og, meaning they get on spot each category. So for example kivtun only secured one spot for them but since they are host they get 2 spot? Next year? Same with the ladies they will have 3 spot. 2 from here plus 1 being the host??

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ No. As hosts, they are guaranteed an entry in each event. Any beyond the single one must be earned through qualification.

So, they qualified one man. That's all they get. Ditto for two women.

marcolee925

Rinkside
And, FINALLY the 24 spots for ladies :

South Korea - 3
Italy - 2
Japan - 3
United States - 3
China - 2
Canada - 2
Russia - 2
France - 1
Sweden - 1
UKraine - 1
Estonia - 1
Slovakia - 1
Germany - 1
Great Britain - 1

Argh Brooklee Han was so close. And if you ask me I think she totally outskated McCorkell. :bang: