2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The Shibs need to make a huge jump next season because otherwise the USFS will dump them ala Belbin/Agosto in 2010.

Well B&A went from World gold hopeful to U.S #2. Shibutani are and were never anywhere near that, so what would dumpage mean for them exactly? Dropping off the Olympic team in favor of Hubbel & Donahue.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I like Chock/Bates' program much more than Weaver/Poje's. I enjoyed the latter's 2012 FS a lot, to the point of watching it over and over again; but not this year's.

aero

On the Ice
It may be just my opinion, but I think W/P's FD was performed amazingly. Should definitely score over 100 if they are give their levels.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Nice to see Kaitlyn back happy and apparently her leg is fine. Poje, as always, is too hot for my computer screen to handle.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It was definitely not a polished skate by any means (and the program itself is pretty much a snoozefest), but I am also big fans of W/P and it's great to have them back.

ETA: They secured three spots. G/P time to go shopping for those thank you cards and gift certs. I would add flowers and chocolate as well. You owe them.

Kissx3

Final Flight
I'm still surprised this team showed up. That's crazy recovery, she apparently still has the screws in her ankle? Very well performed, they just might be able to slip into the top 5 with luck.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:love::yay::clap: I have always loved this FD, but I have to say that I liked the GP version a bit more...

ks777

Record Breaker
This is why I don't watch Ice Dancing usually. Shibutani should have scored much higher, at least their PCS should be higher than that.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
Is she supposed to be a statue that comes to life?
Yes, he's the sculptor, she's the statue. I didn't care much for the first version and I didn't care much for the new version, either. I love this team but this dance just didn't have their usual spark.

herios

Medalist
It may be just my opinion, but I think W/P's FD was performed amazingly. Should definitely score over 100 if they are give their levels.

Last step sequence was level 2, Tracy says is not surprising, based on how little training they had, the deep edges and turns so late in the program take a lot of strength

missysays

On the Ice
Well B&A went from World gold hopeful to U.S #2. Shibutani are and were never anywhere near that, so what would dumpage mean for them exactly? Dropping off the Olympic team in favor of Hubbel & Donahue.

It's very possible. They're really vulnerable now. They will need kick-*** programs next year and successful Grand Prix competitions in order to really keep their place- not just internationally now but domestically as well.

I'm worried for them.