2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Well B&A went from World gold hopeful to U.S #2. Shibutani are and were never anywhere near that, so what would dumpage mean for them exactly? Dropping off the Olympic team in favor of Hubbel & Donahue.

You answered your own question there. You don't think it's a big deal that the former World medalists who seemed primed for the no. 2 U.S. spot to prepare for post-Sochi success is now in danger of not making the Sochi team. In ice dance even with COP, it's a big deal to lose favor.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Can you believe that W/P PCS is lower than I/K? I'm speechless... If this is not politicking, I don't really know how to call it...

Kissx3

Final Flight
Absolutely on the Shibutanis. I don't even care what was downgraded, you don't look at what I/K performed immediately before them and call that a virtual tie. That is dirty judging.

herios

Medalist
It was definitely not a polished skate by any means (and the program itself is pretty much a snoozefest), but I am also big fans of W/P and it's great to have them back.

ETA: They secured three spots. G/P time to go shopping for those thank you cards and gift certs. I would add flowers and chocolate as well. You owe them.

That spot might not be for G/P. A lot could happen in a year.

fanofskate

Rinkside
W/P managed to use the most boring music I've ever heard for a skating program. It's holding music for a dental office. ZzzzzzzZzzzz

I would have to agree with the music. This is the first time I've watched their FD. I felt the choreography wasn't really interpreting the music. It was like the music was just a second thought. Could anybody really do justice to that music? No highs, no lows, not that much variation.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm watching some European feed and the commercials are cracking me up.

Are you watching the All Medical Commerciials All The Time Lativan channel? The only commercials that haven't been for a pill or supplement have been for butter and a toilet bowl cleaner. Makes you wonder about Latvia (and Latvians)...

LOL!

aero

On the Ice
Can you believe that W/P PCS is lower than I/K? I

No I cannot. I can understand if you tell me that their TES is where it is because of lack of training, but I'm perplexed to as why they scored lower than what I've heard was a mess of a program.

I can't believe that Weaver/Poje couldn't do anything more exciting with a concept as interesting as this. Such a bland, lukewarm program. Disappointing.

They did skate quite well and made no errors but I thought Chock/Bates were exceptional and should have won the FD at least. Their elements were really strong (they actually won the TES by a very small margin)., their program flowed beautifully and they were really in the zone, projecting very well.

They are still 'nobodies' though while W/P have an established reputation.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Based on how G/P are marked at Canadian Nats, I think they're safe bets for the third spot.

After an 18th place finish at Worlds, I wouldnt say a safe bet. They might still be the slight favorites for that 3rd spot several teams are fighting for behind the 2 locks, but after their Worlds showing and if another team outscores them on the grand prix next season, they are in big trouble.