2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

fanofskate

Rinkside
I'm trying to decide which Carmen interpretation I like. Minus skating skills, difficulty etc, I'm leaning towards the Italians.

Oreo

On the Ice
My turn to be crucified by the forum. I prefer C/L's Carmen program to V/M's. It's more "natural" and less forced or overwrought. But then, I prefer subtlety to in-your-face-ism. That said, C/L's lovely skating skills are still a notch below V/M's.

I agree. Despite a few flaws, it had much more natural pizzazz.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Frankly, I think it's time for Carmen to go and die already. Like, seriously folks. Of all the amazing music in the world you can skate to, you pick Carmen...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yet they were still showered with 10s. :p

The judges can give them 10's and +3's all they want, to me this was not the kind of performance I am used to seeing from V/M. Now, I admit I am not there live, and I will also have to re-watch to be sure, but as others have said, the energy from the crowd was great but the energy from V/M was not.

I actually seriously wonder what V/M would need to do to not get 10's... stopping mid program didn't even do it.

Colanboy

Rinkside
My turn to be crucified by the forum. I prefer C/L's Carmen program to V/M's. It's more "natural" and less forced or overwrought. But then, I prefer subtlety to in-your-face-ism. That said, C/L's lovely skating skills are still a notch below V/M's.

Really? I thought the juxtaposition made me hate C/L's music cut even more. But they are a beautiful couple.

ForeverFish

Medalist
996 for PE? That's nearly perfect. I bet D&W PCS do not match that and tech maybe. It's a good thing they have that cushion but they will have to be perfect which I hope they are. I cannot stand Moir.

Their SB is 112.68. They've been skating above the 108 mark since the NHK Trophy. I don't think they'll have any problem winning this, but like you said, they'll have to be perfect (or close to). Good thing they make it look so effortless ;)

mis751

Rinkside
Me too.

koriani

Rinkside
i'm so happy for C/L!!!! :D they deserve that score :)
but the PCS!! only 0.02 higher than I/K's disaster of a program????

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well Voir's Carmen is the post-feminist one and the C/L version is the afternoon at the ballet version you can take Mom to.

Ice Dance...we got programs for the whole family!

LOL

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The judges can give them 10's and +3's all they want, to me this was not the kind of performance I am used to seeing from V/M. Now, I admit I am not there live, and I will also have to re-watch to be sure, but as others have said, the energy from the crowd was great but the energy from V/M was not.

I actually seriously wonder what V/M would need to do to not get 10's... stopping mid program didn't even do it.

For sure, Carmen ain't Mahler.

And I agree with the other poster who's for letting Carmen die once and for all.