2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

Cappellini/LaNotte have actually comfortably beaten Bobrova/Soloviev on the TES. But the judges have made sure on the PCS that they wouldn't overtake them. :/

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I bet Meryl and Charlie wished that there were other Americans on the podium and not just them for once. They are all that is making the US relevant at Worlds right now.

Meryl/Charlie did their job. Not their problem that their countrymen/women can't seem to pull it together when it counts. Maybe Ashley and/or Gracie can pull a spoiler from what everybody is thinking is a foregone ladies' conclusion.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And the Tosca part is just so...histrionic and unnecessary. But I will admit I love the PROGRAM. This performance of it however was hmmm sluggish? Probably a case of nerves.

missysays

On the Ice
Marina Zoueva looks almost... sad?

I thought she looked tired in V/M's kiss and cry. I wonder if the strain of having to balance two teams gunning for the top spot is starting to wear on her.

D/W won't leave her now going into next year- but will V/M?

I wonder as well if she's disappointed that "Carmen" didn't get the chance to really dominate and shine the way it should have this season. Earlier in the season there was an article that quoted her as saying that if you're Olympic champion you really need to push the envelope and come up with something ground breaking and that's why V/M came up with such a "different" and interesting FD.

Scott seemed very disappointed in the kiss and cry. The period between end of this season and beginning of Olympic season is just a heartbeat away. It's almost not feasible for any team to switch to a new coaching situation- way too much to get adjusted to. Maybe for a single skater or someone building for beyond the Olympics but certainly not for a team that will most likely retire after this next Olympics.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Gracie won't medal. Maybe Ashley will have the skate of a lifetime and get on the podium. But no Americans on the podium since D/W first medaled back in 2010.

They don't have to medal to be relevant. All the US wants is 3 spots back, which they're on the cusp of getting.

Lota

Record Breaker
Yaaaaaaaaaaay, Merlie won :clap: that was such a beautiful skate, couldn't turn my eyes away. Poor Charlie looked exhausted at the end. Anyway, they really deserved that win.

I actually thought Bobrova/Soloviev skated quite well, I really like both of their programs this year.

ForeverFish

Medalist
At least ice dance judges know how to do their jobs. Probably the one discipline where controversy hasn't arisen in years, thanks to the consistent excellence of D/W.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm not sure that P/B will win Bronze... They made a lot of small mistakes... :think:

ks777

Record Breaker
So I don't understand Ice Dancing much.. what is lacking in Shibutanis skating?