Chances of Making the Olympics Team | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Chances of Making the Olympics Team

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Menshov voodoo doll was a funny joke, but posters here keep overusing it like skaters overuse Carmen music ;).
And Im not even sure if Menshov is that great to start with. I am not entirely sure whether he would have done good job if had been sent to Worlds. OK, considering the poor level of the competition, maybe he could have pulled Ten. ;).

Sorry for OT ;).

Sorry to "Carmenize" the joke. :) I'm sorry for some reason the visual of Team Menshov with voodoo dolls just cracked me up and it seem that with a few exceptions Russia did not have a great Worlds, so voodoo seems like an obvious thing to blame.

That said, I think Menshov is unappreciated. I was prepared to be "meh" at Skate America but I was pleasantly surprised. He has nice big jumps and a fairly good presence. No he's not an artist in the likes of Chan, Dai and Co. but he isn't just all jumps either.

I do hope Menshov makes a run for that sole spot, his chances are slim with Plushy likely getting it but I hope he has a good season!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Menshov voodoo doll was a funny joke, but posters here keep overusing it like skaters overuse Carmen music ;).
And Im not even sure if Menshov is that great to start with. I am not entirely sure whether he would have done good job if had been sent to Worlds. OK, considering the poor level of the competition, maybe he could have pulled Ten. ;).

Sorry for OT ;).

Anyway, the next season will be super exciting! Newcomers who established themselves as real talents this season will probably develop super fast: Osmond, Scimeca/Kierim, James/Cipres, Zhijun Li, Yan Han, Gold, Chock/Bates, Aaron - just to name few.
Some older skaters will need to fight back: Suzuki, Dai, Pang/Tong, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Joubert, Verner (?) (though I stopped believing in him), Pechalat/Bourzat, Abbott
Others with average results this season but huge expectations will have to rise to the occassion: Sotnikova, Tukt, Amodio, Brezina, Shibutanis.

And those super hungry for big success, they are almost there: Murakami, Fernandez, Hanyu, MT/M, Reynolds (?), Weaver/Poje

Finally, the final of the biggest rivalry: Davis/White, Virtue/Moir.

I tell you guys, it is going to be an epic season!!!
I agree. A mix of older veterans some who are aiming for a 3rd Olympics and the youngsters who want to prove themselves and are hungry. After a season where their were a lot of injuries next season should be great.