Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tran and Purich hope for third spot next season

Custom Title
    Wishing them good things for the new season.

Custom Title
    Great to hear that he's got a partner in time to train really thoroughly for the new season.

Just added a few Q&A to the first post.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfuls View Post
    http://images.lpcdn.ca/924x615/20130...doption-22.jpg

Picture of them training. Awee, how sad is it that he's wearing pants that has the Japanese logo. I'm still a bit bummed that Narumi/JSF ditched him...
    This post really makes me sad. Sigh, well everyone moved on, good luck to all.

I want them to do well, but I really like Lawrence/Swiegers too.. too bad there aren't four spots..

Custom Title
    Lawrence / Sweigers haven't been impressive this season. Two 4th places in the GP, and next to last at 4CC.

Banned
    I think they have a shot at the 3rd spot. IF they are any good their first year together the only real competition for them would be Lawrence & Swiegers, and they are quite beatable. It is a realistic goal for sure.

Custom Title
    When I saw Brooklee Han at worlds i thought she would be the perfect partner for Mervin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I want them to do well, but I really like Lawrence/Swiegers too.. too bad there aren't four spots..
    Actually I think this could be great for Lawrence/Swiegers to really push themselves to earn that 3rd spot instead of be the expected favourites for it.

Custom Title
    Sounds like they are going to do better than with their previous partners. Too bad for Natasha's previous partner though, who needs to find a new one.

Custom Title
    I'm wondering if Purich will be ready for senior ranks. Other than a stint at NHK she hasn't had much experience. As for Tran, I can't imagine him doing better than world bronze with Narumi. It'll be very interesting to see how they hold up. You've got to imagine that they'll get a PCS boost right away with Mervin, but hopefully they bring the technical game too.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Natasha also has a great personality on the ice. I've been watching her as a single skater at summer events in Canada for the past 3 seasons, and she caught my eye right away. She has the makings of a great pair diva, ala Volosozhar.
    Trankov seems like the diva in that partnership ... Hahahaha!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Sounds like they are going to do better than with their previous partners. Too bad for Natasha's previous partner though, who needs to find a new one.
    It is nice to be positive but realistically a world bronze is going to be hard to beat especially if they expect or hope to be up there on the world level let alone the national level. She is still unproven internationally - well relatively speaking as well. Not to be negative but Tran and his former partner won bronze - that cursed bronze medal where so many have won and then never to be seen again I wouldn't get too excited yet. I can tell Tran was hurt by the JSF and his former partner's decision. He is trying to be positive but the jumps may be stronger supposedly the timing and flow and artistry is something that needs to develop. i am sure though Canada will embrace this team though Tran did ditch Canada for his hope of making the world's and oly's with a Japanese teammate whose nation would be easier to win a spot to world's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    It is nice to be positive but realistically a world bronze is going to be hard to beat especially if they expect or hope to be up there on the world level let alone the national level. She is still unproven internationally - well relatively speaking as well. Not to be negative but Tran and his former partner won bronze - that cursed bronze medal where so many have won and then never to be seen again I wouldn't get too excited yet. I can tell Tran was hurt by the JSF and his former partner's decision. He is trying to be positive but the jumps may be stronger supposedly the timing and flow and artistry is something that needs to develop. i am sure though Canada will embrace this team though Tran did ditch Canada for his hope of making the world's and oly's with a Japanese teammate whose nation would be easier to win a spot to world's.
    He who laughs last, laughs best. What Tran needs to do is have a better showing with his new partner than Narumi has with hers. Whether that can happen as early as next season is debatable though.

Custom Title
    Tran trains under Gauthier and they have had very good success with rematched pairs eg Jamie and David who came together as a pair really fast. I think the pairs training there is solid.
    Also love Julie Marcottes's choreo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast