Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 World Figure Skating Championships - Ladies Free Report

Custom Title
    Yuna should be proud of herself for being away from the competition for a long time and able to come back strong. No question that she deserves the title this year. I enjoyed her skating at London very much, and also Caro's. I also was impressed with Zijun and Gracie, their first Worlds debut. great job!! The Ladies event did not disappoint me as the Men's when the winner did not deserve the title.

Custom Title
    Contrarily to what you wrote, Mao's program had much less crossovers and a lot more linking moves/transitions than e.g. Carolina's one. Some of your assessments are really strange cause you seem to be quite knowledgable. For instance, you criticise Ashley's second triple flip since she supposedly "didn't hold the landing too long". Yeah, because she went straight into the choreography/difficult exit which actually boost up GOE the same way her entrance does.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the summary Ziggy.

I think it's apparent that this thread is a member's opinion, as evidenced by suggested GOE and comments. As harsh as Ziggy's assessment of Yu Na might seem, it is pointing out certain flaws in her skating, which weren't as apparent in her previous programs. I, for one, would have been shaking my head had Yu Na's FS score surpassed her FS from 2010 OWG, since she had harder content and was more polished.

I think what's to be commended is two clean skates (which frankly we haven't seen all year, and for most of the women in the FS at Worlds, too) from somebody on the comeback trail.

The toe point is picky (no pun intented) but one thing I don't understand is the comment about the standard element layout. It was a well-balanced program with 3 jump passed in the first half (including a 3Z-3T), and 4 in the latter half, including a 3Z; and the spins were all spaced out (several other skaters put spins back to back, which I'm not the biggest fan of).

Medalist
    I'm a bit confused by this. This is your report from watching the ladies event in person?

Custom Title
    Just want to picking on her(Yuna)...
    I adore you, your enthusiasm.

But You know Ziggy...
    Putting down her is not helping other Ladies.
    JUST MAKE THEM Les Miserables...
    And Yuna is not kinda person who need your help or concern at all. (Her team, too.)
    They are all professionals, and you're ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Spend your time wisely.
    This is Big secret of YUNA's work.

yuna's choreography was not balanced. wilson had her doing all kinds of arm movements/very busy and not elegant either. why? to keep focus off the lines, legs, feet. these are flaws whether ubers want to hear or not. in current ijs, beautiful skating is lauded but rotated big 3x3's carry the weight. yuna is great, deserved the win, but i'd rather watch caro anyday. gracie will be the big skater after sochi. she has already gorgeous back, clean lines, lovely legs, no flaws. And she can match yuna's jumps. ubers hate any criticism. could you all catch the details ziggy did? doubt it. mean to talk about posters in 3rd person, too.

~high art~
    It's easy to talk BS when you choose to dismiss anyone who don't agree with you as ubers. Doesn't one of them have the screeen name saying "suzukifan", not "yunakimfan"? You're not any more objective. Like gett off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    yuna's choreography was not balanced. wilson had her doing all kinds of arm movements/very busy and not elegant either. why? to keep focus off the lines, legs, feet. these are flaws whether ubers want to hear or not. in current ijs, beautiful skating is lauded but rotated big 3x3's carry the weight. yuna is great, deserved the win, but i'd rather watch caro anyday. gracie will be the big skater after sochi. she has already gorgeous back, clean lines, lovely legs, no flaws. And she can match yuna's jumps. ubers hate any criticism. could you all catch the details ziggy did? doubt it. mean to talk about posters in 3rd person, too.
    We hear these things ad naseum thanks to critics like yourself. But unlike yourself we don't declare them as objective "flaws". Certain aspects of Yuna's skating may not be to your taste or liking but to call them "flaws" is a much stronger statement. That's saying that objectively there's a lot that's wrong her skating. It's no wonder fans fight back. You're making it sound like a fact what is really just your personal preference.

We definitely see what you "see". We see Yuna's feet. We see toe-points and extension and lines. We just don't fixate on them to the exclusion of all the other great qualities she has.

Just wanted to add to the above that I certainly don't think Yuna is perfect in every way. I can definitely see areas where she can improve on, but this is true of all skaters. Why do we drum negative remarks about skaters' "flaws" around here? I know praising favorites and disparaging rivals is de rigueur in skating forums, but sometimes I just get fed up with it.

Krislite, great avatar. I think they are flaws based on years of ladies champions. Taste would be a better word to describe costume deductions. Obviously she's a great skater and I'm picky. I don't know why the fine details are ignored,

NTL, I predicted her win right after Nationals and her OGM in Sochi too. I am fan but not an uber of anyone. I'd love to meet her, tho. She is destined for big things.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Yes, just like you hated my criticism on Mao.

no cosmos, you can criticize whoever-i'm not mao uber anymore though i am her fan. criticize away...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2