Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy Entries

Prediction for WTT
    1. Canada
    2. Russia
    3. USA

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissx3 View Post
    Canada should definitely send Daleman if she wants it, or Chartrand. Lacoste would probably still score better considering their understandably low visibility on the scene but one of them is virtually guaranteed to be skating this competition at the Olympics beside Osmond. This being a nice low pressure senior international is a fairly good way to introduce a skater to this level as well.
    Daleman can't go ( too young ). Chartrand can go and I agree with you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Here's the announcement for the WTT
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3967

"if this Skater/Couple elects in advance of the ISU World Team Trophy not to participate in the ISU World Team Trophy (for whatever reason), he/she/they will not be permitted to participate in any other competitions, shows, and exhibitions from Monday noon (March 18, 2013) after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013, during the ISU World Team Trophy, and until April 15, 2013."
    Dai is already scheduled for a charity show in Kobe for Tohoku earthquake on March 31st. So, I assume he will be in WTT, which was kind of more than predictable considering that he is one of three ticket sellers in Japan (Mao, Dai, Plush).

Banned
    so not 14 year old is allowed to WTT ?
    sad for Julia

Rinkside
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/9822.html

I don't understand much of russian, but from my translater it looks like Max and Tanya say they will be at WTT.

Am i correct?

Banned
    shocked but happy they will be at WTT, Im sure they will enjoy it
    Japanese fans are the most appreciative audience , too bad there's no Julia , I do not want to see Leonova with her amess Season

Custom Title
    Adelina went to WTT last year when she was NOT eligible for Euros or Worlds so I think Julia, Pogo, and Gabby Daleman can go if the feds want to send them.

Custom Title
    JSF has just announced

Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
    Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
    Reed/Reed
    no pair

Looks like Hanyu has declined due to injury. Murakami was not chosen. Maybe because they want to "push" Mao this time. I have the impression that they used too much resources for Murakami at worlds. Takahashi/Kihara should show up at least and will be given the 6th place points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    JSF has just announced

Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
    Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
    Reed/Reed
    no pair

Looks like Hanyu has declined due to injury. Murakami was not chosen. Maybe because they want to "push" Mao this time. I have the impression that they used too much resources for Murakami at worlds. Takahashi/Kihara should show up at least and will be given the 6th place points.
    I am shocked they didn't chose Murakami. Last year they had no problem leaving Mao home since she placed 6th at Worlds, behind Kanako and Akiko. Without any pair I am guessing they'll end up dead last in the competition. I hope Akiko can redeem herself here

Custom Title
    I can understand their logic. Mao was behind Murakami in both WS and worlds placements. Suzuki has the highest WS among the Japanese right now. Even if they had given Mao the chance last year, she could have done more embarrassment. In that sense, their decision was correct.

In this year, they have nothing to lose by sending Suzuki. If Suzuki skates well, she can bring better results for the team. Otherwise, they can finally dump her. If Murakami skates poorly (as last year), her position could be threatened. I think they want to "test" Suzuki at WTT and consider Miyahara's treatment in next season. Of course, Ando must be watching closely (sitting on the fence).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post

In this year, they have nothing to lose by sending Suzuki. If Suzuki skates well, she can bring better results for the team. Otherwise, they can finally dump her. If Murakami skates poorly (as last year), her position could be threatened. I think they want to "test" Suzuki at WTT and consider Miyahara's treatment in next season. Of course, Ando must be watching closely (sitting on the fence).
    is Miyahara finally going seniors ? considering her jumps I don't think she is ready yet for seniors yet
    Suzuki was never the Japanese Feds fave so Ando if she returns should have no trouble getting the 3rd spot

Custom Title
    Since JGP spots were reduced, they'd better move Miyahara up to the senior. She has at least one GP guaranteed. I guess Riona Kato will be their junior favorite in the 2013 JGP season. Therefore, Miyahara won't be able to expect much better treatment anyway. As already proved, they are ready to place Miyahara above Suzuki at Japanese nationals (but Murakami can never be compromised). Murakami's position is fairly secure now. They don't need to worry about Miyahara possing "threats" to Murakami.

Banned
    Marin Honda is JGP eligible only for 2014 JGP ?

Banned
    This Team is so wrong
    I don't understand why there is No Julia Lipnitskaya
    other than if her age didn't qualify

WTT Russia:

Men: Konstantin Menshov Maxim Kovtun
    Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
    Ice Dance: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    This Team is so wrong
    I don't understand why there is No Julia Lipnitskaya
    other than if her age didn't qualify
    Why should they send Julia instead of Liza/Adelina? Both Liza/Adelina skated great at Euros, posting scores over 125 in the long, and scored better at worlds than Julia did ar Jr Worlds. Liza and Adelina are not top skaters material yet but they are the most reliable hope for a medal at Sochi at this point IMO so they need as much exposure as possible. Plus, they both need some kind of redemption because they placed low at Worlds, even though their skating was not as bad as some would expect watching the final results. It's just that the ladies event was very well skated this year.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast