Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy Entries

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    This Team is so wrong
    I don't understand why there is No Julia Lipnitskaya
    other than if her age didn't qualify
    I think that's a very easy thing to explain: both Adelina and Liza are still the safest* bets for Sochi and the girls needs practise, so they are given the chance to practise.
    *they both already went through the toughest stages of puberty and nobody knows what will happen to Yulia's body next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    I think that's a very easy thing to explain: both Adelina and Liza are still the safest* bets for Sochi and the girls needs practise, so they are given the chance to practise.
    *they both already went through the toughest stages of puberty and nobody knows what will happen to Yulia's body next year.
    not much difference in age Julia will be 15 while Adelina/Liza will just be 17 in Sochi

besides Tuk has alarming weight issues and Adelina is a headcase so I don't think Julia is out of the running, it will depend on next Season as who is the most successful in GP , Nationals and Euros
    so she should get more experience too.

Custom Title
    not much difference in age Julia will be 15 while Adelina/Liza will just be 17 in Sochi

besides Tuk has alarming weight issues and Adelina is a headcase so I don't think Julia is out of the running, it will depend on next Season as who is the most successful in GP , Nationals and Euros
    Of course you're right but there are two European medalists and one of them almost beats Carolina Kostner. The other has one of the highest FS scores of the season. Plus Lipnitskaya has experienced an injury. She might take a rest and prepare well for next season for getting a spot in the olympic team if one of the two girls bombs. She is more like a substitute now. I would choose Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Of course you're right but there are two European medalists and one of them almost beats Carolina Kostner. The other has one of the highest FS scores of the season. Plus Lipnitskaya has experienced an injury. She might take a rest and prepare well for next season for getting a spot in the olympic team if one of the two girls bombs. She is more like a substitute now. I would choose Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, too.
    their performance at worlds and junior worlds are comparable well not by how they are scored of course
    the one just has a shorter time, elements, also junior worlds were much more strict compared to senior worlds where the scores were handed out like free candies. but how they performed the three are equal

Tripping on the Podium

2 years make a huge difference when you're a teen. To be honert, I don't think anything is THAT bad with both Tuk and Liza: they've been adjusting to to their new senior level-only competitions, they've done rather well at the Euros and yeah, choked a bit at the Worlds. I think there's nothing wrong with them that the summer preparations couldn't fix. Liza is far from being really fatso a little bit of a new meal plan will help and Adelina just needs rest and good sports shrink.
    I have nothing against Yulia, she's great, but if she grows just a what will happen to her jumps and how will she deal with the pressure of being the front lady for the Russian team at the the most important events in 4 years?

Tripping on the Podium
    Russia is sending her best team out there, unlike last year...I guess they really want that team medal...

Custom Title
    I want Menshov to beat Kovtun as marked by international judges...if only to see the look on the Russian Fed's collective red faces. I wonder what fresh excuses Tarasova would come up with then!

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    JSF has just announced

Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
    Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
    Reed/Reed
    no pair

Looks like Hanyu has declined due to injury. Murakami was not chosen. Maybe because they want to "push" Mao this time. I have the impression that they used too much resources for Murakami at worlds. Takahashi/Kihara should show up at least and will be given the 6th place points.
    Please, Akiko, skate well and show everyone that you can be among the best in the world! Without Caro and Yu-Na, she should be able to place 2nd easily...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Please, Akiko, skate well and show everyone that you can be among the best in the world! Without Caro and Yu-Na, she should be able to place 2nd easily...
    not sure Gracie, Ashley, Zijun, Kanako and Liza can beat her
    maybe Sotnikova willt score lower than her a known headcase
    and Osmond with 3 falls who as usual will panic when skating in a non-canadian soil ( ala No Inflation )

Has the US announced their Team yet?

I really like Kanako but I won't deny I am very happy Akiko is on team Japan and I will get to see
    her programs skated one more time. I love this competition it is so much fun for the fans and for the skaters.
    It is so nice to see the team spirit and support the teams give to each other, Last year the K&C antics were a blast!
    I remember Dai saying that he was Captain in name only and that it was Akiko who was the real boss. lol

Team Russia is very strong. Good for Adelina and Liza for making the team.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5
    I remember Dai saying that he was Captain in name only and that it was Akiko who was the real boss. lol
    That's how it works

I'm very glad to see both Adelina and Liza on the russian team! I hope they'll do great after both might be a little disappointed with their world's performances.
    Suprised that there's no Kanako, but hopefully Akiko will have an amazing event.

not sure Gracie, Ashley, Zijun, Kanako and Liza can beat her
    maybe Sotnikova willt score lower than her a known headcase
    and Osmond with 3 falls who as usual will panic when skating in a non-canadian soil ( ala No Inflation )
    If Akiko skates well in Japan, she can easily beat all of the Ladies competing at WTT, except Mao (and, kanako won't be there)...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    If Akiko skates well in Japan, she can easily beat all of the Ladies competing at WTT, except Mao (and, kanako won't be there)...
    I mistype with Kanako sorry

I think she is heading the Leonova route, is having a hungover
    she can beat Meite, Fallmond, some others maybe Sotnikova but not all of them

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Akiko had a very strong showing at 4CC, that should have placed her around 5th at worlds, maybe 4th. The only person out of the worlds top 4 to be at WTT is Mao... so Akiko can definitly place 2nd.

Banned
    IF V/M indeed will not compete, we all know Moir's big mouth
    and probably can't take another loss to D/W

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast