World Team Trophy Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy Entries

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
In this year, they have nothing to lose by sending Suzuki. If Suzuki skates well, she can bring better results for the team. Otherwise, they can finally dump her. If Murakami skates poorly (as last year), her position could be threatened. I think they want to "test" Suzuki at WTT and consider Miyahara's treatment in next season. Of course, Ando must be watching closely (sitting on the fence).

is Miyahara finally going seniors ? considering her jumps I don't think she is ready yet for seniors yet
Suzuki was never the Japanese Feds fave so Ando if she returns should have no trouble getting the 3rd spot

NMURA

Medalist
Since JGP spots were reduced, they'd better move Miyahara up to the senior. She has at least one GP guaranteed. I guess Riona Kato will be their junior favorite in the 2013 JGP season. Therefore, Miyahara won't be able to expect much better treatment anyway. As already proved, they are ready to place Miyahara above Suzuki at Japanese nationals (but Murakami can never be compromised). Murakami's position is fairly secure now. They don't need to worry about Miyahara possing "threats" to Murakami.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This Team is so wrong
I don't understand why there is No Julia Lipnitskaya :confused:
other than if her age didn't qualify

WTT Russia:

Men: Konstantin Menshov Maxim Kovtun
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
Ice Dance: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This Team is so wrong

Why should they send Julia instead of Liza/Adelina? Both Liza/Adelina skated great at Euros, posting scores over 125 in the long, and scored better at worlds than Julia did ar Jr Worlds. Liza and Adelina are not top skaters material yet but they are the most reliable hope for a medal at Sochi at this point IMO so they need as much exposure as possible. Plus, they both need some kind of redemption because they placed low at Worlds, even though their skating was not as bad as some would expect watching the final results. It's just that the ladies event was very well skated this year.

Redstone

Rinkside
This Team is so wrong

I think that's a very easy thing to explain: both Adelina and Liza are still the safest* bets for Sochi and the girls needs practise, so they are given the chance to practise.
*they both already went through the toughest stages of puberty and nobody knows what will happen to Yulia's body next year.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think that's a very easy thing to explain: both Adelina and Liza are still the safest* bets for Sochi and the girls needs practise, so they are given the chance to practise.
*they both already went through the toughest stages of puberty and nobody knows what will happen to Yulia's body next year.

not much difference in age Julia will be 15 while Adelina/Liza will just be 17 in Sochi

besides Tuk has alarming weight issues and Adelina is a headcase so I don't think Julia is out of the running, it will depend on next Season as who is the most successful in GP , Nationals and Euros
so she should get more experience too.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
not much difference in age Julia will be 15 while Adelina/Liza will just be 17 in Sochi

besides Tuk has alarming weight issues and Adelina is a headcase so I don't think Julia is out of the running, it will depend on next Season as who is the most successful in GP , Nationals and Euros

Of course you're right but there are two European medalists and one of them almost beats Carolina Kostner. The other has one of the highest FS scores of the season. Plus Lipnitskaya has experienced an injury. She might take a rest and prepare well for next season for getting a spot in the olympic team if one of the two girls bombs. She is more like a substitute now. I would choose Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, too.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Of course you're right but there are two European medalists and one of them almost beats Carolina Kostner. The other has one of the highest FS scores of the season. Plus Lipnitskaya has experienced an injury. She might take a rest and prepare well for next season for getting a spot in the olympic team if one of the two girls bombs. She is more like a substitute now. I would choose Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva, too.

their performance at worlds and junior worlds are comparable well not by how they are scored of course
the one just has a shorter time, elements, also junior worlds were much more strict compared to senior worlds where the scores were handed out like free candies. but how they performed the three are equal

Redstone

Rinkside

2 years make a huge difference when you're a teen. To be honert, I don't think anything is THAT bad with both Tuk and Liza: they've been adjusting to to their new senior level-only competitions, they've done rather well at the Euros and yeah, choked a bit at the Worlds. I think there's nothing wrong with them that the summer preparations couldn't fix. Liza is far from being really fatso a little bit of a new meal plan will help and Adelina just needs rest and good sports shrink.
I have nothing against Yulia, she's great, but if she grows just a what will happen to her jumps and how will she deal with the pressure of being the front lady for the Russian team at the the most important events in 4 years?

Irina89

On the Ice
Russia is sending her best team out there, unlike last year...I guess they really want that team medal...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I want Menshov to beat Kovtun as marked by international judges...if only to see the look on the Russian Fed's collective red faces. I wonder what fresh excuses Tarasova would come up with then!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
JSF has just announced

Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
Reed/Reed
no pair

Looks like Hanyu has declined due to injury. Murakami was not chosen. Maybe because they want to "push" Mao this time. I have the impression that they used too much resources for Murakami at worlds. Takahashi/Kihara should show up at least and will be given the 6th place points.
:yay: Please, Akiko, skate well and show everyone that you can be among the best in the world! Without Caro and Yu-Na, she should be able to place 2nd easily...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:yay: Please, Akiko, skate well and show everyone that you can be among the best in the world! Without Caro and Yu-Na, she should be able to place 2nd easily...

not sure Gracie, Ashley, Zijun, Kanako and Liza can beat her
maybe Sotnikova willt score lower than her a known headcase
and Osmond with 3 falls who as usual will panic when skating in a non-canadian soil ( ala No Inflation )

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Has the US announced their Team yet?

I really like Kanako but I won't deny I am very happy Akiko is on team Japan and I will get to see
her programs skated one more time. I love this competition it is so much fun for the fans and for the skaters.
It is so nice to see the team spirit and support the teams give to each other, Last year the K&C antics were a blast!
I remember Dai saying that he was Captain in name only and that it was Akiko who was the real boss. lol

Team Russia is very strong. Good for Adelina and Liza for making the team.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
demarinis5 said:
I remember Dai saying that he was Captain in name only and that it was Akiko who was the real boss. lol

That's how it works :biggrin:

I'm very glad to see both Adelina and Liza on the russian team! I hope they'll do great after both might be a little disappointed with their world's performances.
Suprised that there's no Kanako, but hopefully Akiko will have an amazing event.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
not sure Gracie, Ashley, Zijun, Kanako and Liza can beat her
maybe Sotnikova willt score lower than her a known headcase
and Osmond with 3 falls who as usual will panic when skating in a non-canadian soil ( ala No Inflation )
If Akiko skates well in Japan, she can easily beat all of the Ladies competing at WTT, except Mao (and, kanako won't be there)...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If Akiko skates well in Japan, she can easily beat all of the Ladies competing at WTT, except Mao (and, kanako won't be there)...

I mistype with Kanako sorry

I think she is heading the Leonova route, is having a hungover
she can beat Meite, Fallmond, some others maybe Sotnikova but not all of them

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Akiko had a very strong showing at 4CC, that should have placed her around 5th at worlds, maybe 4th. The only person out of the worlds top 4 to be at WTT is Mao... so Akiko can definitly place 2nd.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
IF V/M indeed will not compete, we all know Moir's big mouth
and probably can't take another loss to D/W