World Team Trophy Entries | Page 6 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy Entries

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree: I'm an Adelina fan, but it's evident that she's the best Russian lady at the moment, for me. I saw her at Euros, and I can tell you that there's no comparison between her SS and Liza's, and in the last big competitions she has been a lot more consistent than Liza (Euros, Adelina two good programs, only one mistake, Liza two mistakes in the SP, excellent FS; worlds, Adelina quite good SP and a couple of mistakes in the FS, Liza disastrous SP again, a couple of mistakes in the FS) and her scores have been a lot better than Julia's even with the mistakes; the only other girl that is as good as Adelina at the moment is Radionova.

:rolleye: Radionova should not be in this topic as she is ineligible even for Olympics
other than you call flapping arms and always smiling as better, Radionova is not better than the three nor are her tiny jumps.

imo though this is unwise of the Fed to send Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva
as they should also invest heavily on Julia

this list is not yet final
I think final announcement Gorshkov will include Julia. Tuk will probably not go as Mishin might be against another burnout

vera01

Final Flight
:rolleye: Radionova should not be in this topic as she is ineligible even for Olympics
other than you call flapping arms and always smiling as better, Radionova is not better than the three nor are her tiny jumps.

I think final announcement Gorshkov will include Julia. Tuk will probably not go as Mishin might be against another burnout

I don't think Julia has "it" factor that many other talented girls, Yuna, Mao, Caro, Gracie, Adelina, and even Kaetlyn has. Russian Fed is obviously wants at least one Russian lady to be on the podium for Sochi-and I doubt Julia will be on the Olympic podium next year. Even top 10 is not a lock. Judges probably would give Julia low PCS(less than 60) and her jumps aren't impressive enough to get 2 or 3 +GOEs. Plus, her flip and lutz are really inconsistent. This season she's already received edge calls on both her flip and lutz.

And Radionova doesn't just smile when she's skating-she shows various of expressions throughout her programs. Julia doesn't even try to do that.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

It was a general opinion about the Russian ladies, not specifically about WTT...

vera01

Final Flight
As for WTT-Russian Fed should send 2 ladies that are likely to be at Sochi, and that's Liza or Adelina. I'm not sure if they should really send Kovtun there, but if other Russian skaters aren't hoping for a spot at WTT, he should go.

trains

On the Ice
I don't think Lacoste will go for Canada. SC needs to get one of those younger girls some international experience going into the Olympic year for the second ladies spot Canada now has. Look for Daleman or Chartrand to go. I would bet on Daleman. Does the same age rule apply for WTT as Worlds?

vera01

Final Flight
I don't think Lacoste will go for Canada. SC needs to get one of those younger girls some international experience going into the Olympic year for the second ladies spot Canada now has. Look for Daleman or Chartrand to go. I would bet on Daleman. Does the same age rule apply for WTT as Worlds?

Adelina competed at WTT last year, so probably not. But if ISU considers WTT as a class A competition, then yes.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why did they pick C/S as the Pairs team? S/K just beat them at Worlds and are already as good if not better. Between that and no D/W the US has no chance at all. I also was kinda wishing someone like Josh Farris would get a spot just like last year with Gracie it would be good experience for him. I would have rather seen Dornbush then Abbott. I kind of wish Ashley had bowed out too i think she's worn out from this season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't think Julia has "it" factor that many other talented girls, Yuna, Mao, Caro, Gracie, Adelina, and even Kaetlyn has. Russian Fed is obviously wants at least one Russian lady to be on the podium for Sochi-and I doubt Julia will be on the Olympic podium next year. Even top 10 is not a lock. Judges probably would give Julia low PCS(less than 60) and her jumps aren't impressive enough to get 2 or 3 +GOEs. Plus, her flip and lutz are really inconsistent. This season she's already received edge calls on both her flip and lutz.

And Radionova doesn't just smile when she's skating-she shows various of expressions throughout her programs. Julia doesn't even try to do that.

Julia has only gotten 2 edge calls on her lutz , maybe her flip is giving her problems but she has been injured three times and yet score higher pcs than Liza, her jumps are 2+'s and spins +3's. its not like Adelina is better who can barely rotate a 3t combo, single Flips and a flutzer.

The three are equal so its best they gave three equal opportunities
Liza or Adelina are NOT Olympic locks.

It will depend next season who is the most successful in GP, maybe GP Final, Nationals and Euros

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Julia has only gotten 2 edge calls on her lutz , maybe her flip is giving her problems but she has been injured three times and yet score higher pcs than Liza, her jumps are 2+'s and spins +3's. its not like Adelina is better who can barely rotate a 3t combo, single Flips and a flutzer.

The three are equal so its best they gave three equal opportunities
Liza or Adelina are NOT Olympic locks.

It will depend next season who is the most successful in GP, maybe GP Final, Nationals and Euros

But there are only 2 spots and currently Adelina and Liza are the safer bets. It's this simple. Adelina and Liza are top russian skaters and Russia is sending their best team at WTT. It's not like Julia had this amazing season and she's getting a cold shower. From all we know, she might prefer to stay home, especially with her current health and puberty issues. A bad showing here could affect her and right now she ended the season on a high note, with a redemption at Jr. Worlds (at least sort of, she bombed the SP).
Of course Adelina and Liza are not Olympic locks. But they are the front runners, it makes sense to send them to WTT.
Julia outscored Liza on PCS before she was Russian Nationals champion and European bronze medalist. I don't think it would happen again, at least not this season. And she won't outscore Adelina on PCS soon, I am pretty sure about that.
You might be right that Mihsin might keep Liza home, but that doesn't necessarily mean Julia would go. Maybe they'll sens Alena/Govsiani/Korobeynikova, who knows

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not so simple.
Team may be substituted by other team if includes skaters who are not highest in ranking.
But ISU may allow not highest ranked skaters/couples in team.

Remember past season, Ladies. Gracie Gold was not top ranking (one JGP Event, second place at WJC), but was at US team although there were several higher ranked US Ladies.

Yes, everything that ISU allows is fair game.

As I noted, only Ashley was bounded by that requirement last season so spot two was open.

But reading it again, it's not that those skaters have to be there, but rather if they choose not to participate, they can't go and do shows or other competitions from now until
the end of WTT.

Country
Russia
As I noted, only Ashley was bounded by that requirement last season so spot two was open.

But reading it again, it's not that those skaters have to be there, but rather if they choose not to participate, they can't go and do shows or other competitions from now until
the end of WTT.
Yes, it is so.

There are limitatojns for skaters/couples with high rating, who don't participate in WTT - if you are in not so good state, or ill, or injuried - practice or treatment, not commercial shows, tells them ISU.

Country
Russia
But there are only 2 spots and currently Adelina and Liza are the safer bets. It's this simple. Adelina and Liza are top russian skaters and Russia is sending their best team at WTT.
Yes, it is so.
Btw, Gorshkov (President of Federation) told now that there are no real questions about Adelina and Liza in Ladies, VolTran in Pairs, BS in Dance.
Solution will be tomorow, questions are only about Men.

You might be right that Mihsin might keep Liza home, but that doesn't necessarily mean Julia would go. Maybe they'll sens Alena/Govsiani/Korobeynikova, who knows
Or Anna Pogorilaya, who won all these three at Nationals, has better Season Best, good results in both Natonal or Internatonal Events (she is 2 months elder than Julia so eligible for all competitions for that Julia eligible). She is now 4th in Russia of Ladies, who are or next season willl be Seniors.

But it is practically impossible. Some of them may have Substitute entries, not Main entrise.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes, it is so.
Btw, Gorshkov (President of Federation) told now that there are no real questions about Adelina and Liza in Ladies, VolTran in Pairs, BS in Dance.
Solution will be tomorow, questions are only about Men.

what a pity no Julia :disapp:
Pogorilaya is going Seniors ? I think she will only get 1 GP unless she gets a host pick

Country
Russia
I'm not sure that it is very bad for Julia. She didn't fully restore after serious injury and was worse than usual af JrNats and WJC.
May be it is better for her to have a rest and restore.

Pogorilaya is going Seniors ? I think she will only get 1 GP unless she gets a host pick
At FSO forum were the calculations http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?/topic/477-чм-2013-женщины-пп/page__st__1050#entry102255 (Russian).
Pogorilaya will have 2nd GP Event (1st - as WJC Medalist) for Season Best, and after her are 6 Ladies, who will also have 2nd GP Event for Season Best.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Pogorilaya should go seniors, she's old enough for Sochi and if the favorites bomb she could be on the team. She medaled at JGPF and JW, was 5th at Russian Nats, and her SB is in the top 24. Her SB is in fact higher than any of her compatriots except Liza, Adelina, Julia, and Elena. So I think she can get 2 GPs and may not even need COR host pick to get 2 - she has better odds for 2 this season due to poor performances from Leonova, Biryukova, Shelepen, Korobeynikova, and while Gosviani was good at Euros, her score was still lower and not in top 24 SB. Pogorilaya has all the technical goods including 3lz-3t and 2a-3t-2t, she might be through the bulk of her growthspurt too, so I don't think senior GP is necessarily a bad idea for her, considering she was such a dominant force on JGP this season despite being a no-name rookie.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Also Jason Brown's FS score of 154+ and even the 224+ total he earned at JW would make him competitive in senior ranks for sure, and he's consistently trying the 3a in his programs now and often having success landing it, so really, he would fit in on the GP, I don't think there's a logical reason to keep him on the JGP again unless USFS is trying to get other skaters who have aged out of juniors assignments, which is a bit annoying. Johnson is great but can only get SA due to not having an ISU SB score anyways. Rippon hasn't scored like that in awhile and apart from NHK Ross did not match that score of Jason at JW at any of his other international competitons this season. So really, Jason can be competitive on the GP, and deserves to go, and probably deserves 2 spots more than Rippon and Miner. No he hasn't tried a quad in competition this season but neither has Adam, and he showed even without it he can put up a very high score. If they want to give the other SA host pick to someone like Mahbanoozadeh then that's a situation I actually think is pretty fair, Armin struggled this season is general, but he got practically nothing for doing so well and placing 4th at Nationals last season, being passed for 4CC and passed for an initial host pick at SA. Abbott will likely get 2 GPs not because he skated really well this season but because his WS is still very high.

Country
Russia
while Gosviani was good at Euros
She wasn't really good at Euros. The only her really good skating was at Nationals (all jumps landed without URs, doubling or singling triples), where she had score 5.91 less than Pogorliaya and was 6th.
Unfortunately her skating before and after Nationals was not so good (unstable jumps).

she was such a dominant force on JGP this season despite being a no-name rookie.
For JGP and WJC being a no-name rookie is not so serious problem as for Senior competitions. For Juniors it means about nothing.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS has a bad habit of ignoring those who are on the upswing and sticking with underachievers. Jason deserves two spots. The JGP is a step down for Jason after what we saw at Jr Worlds.

Country
Russia
USFS has a bad habit of ignoring those who are on the upswing and sticking with underachievers. Jason deserves two spots. The JGP is a step down for Jason after what we saw at Jr Worlds.
The only problem of Jason Brown is that he has not quad.
Senior Man must have quad to pretend on high places (quad gives no warranty to earn them, but no quad gives warranty to not earn them).

If situation in US Men skating isn't too bad, may it is better one more season in Juniors for Jason, it he still will not have quad at beginning of next season.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only problem of Jason Brown is that he has not quad.
Senior Man must have quad to pretend on high places (quad gives no warranty to earn them, but no quad gives warranty to not earn them).

If situation in US Men skating isn't too bad, may it is better one more season in Juniors for Jason, it he still will not have quad at beginning of next season.

Most top US Men at the moment have no quad. Only Max lands them consistently and some don't even try like Rippon or even Abbott. Even without a quad he would beat most US Men now that he has a triple axel.