Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy Entries

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Is there any au courant list of entries? I must confess to be utterly confused at this point as to what skaters have WDn, which have replaced them and which are still "in"...

By the way, will we be discussing the competition here - or will there be a specific sub forum?

Any information gratefully received.
    The ISU's official entry lists for WTT are here:

• Last update for Team Russia was on Thu Apr 4.
    • Last update for Team China was on Tue Apr 2.
    • Last updates for other teams were on Mon Mar 25.

• ETA, I have just gone back to check again as of Fri, and the last update for Team France now is from Apr 5.

The ISU seems to be making an effort to keep its official lists current.

Canada deserves to win this. They sent their best (minus V&M).

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, except for D/W, Team USA also sent their best... pretty much... not sure if that's saying a whole lot...

Actually, considering all the substitutions, USA has a fairly decent shot.

USA should be possible "podium" in all four disciplines.

Every team other than Canada and US has some real placement problems in one event or another. Although I think Canada has the overall superior team, USA is likely to make up some serious ground against them in ladies singles. The reverse is true in men's singles.

Of course, anything can happen. That's what makes it worth watching.

Edit: OK, I don't think Abbott is the second best US man, but he's reasonably close enough.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    But that makes it sound as if the other teams didn't send some of their better skaters deliberatly.
    Who's missing in team Japan to be their best? Hanyu? Please no. That kid has more than one injury to heal, and despite the fact he pulled it together in the FS, this kind of injuries are always a risk and he might skate far, far from his potential. Mura was still 8th at worlds, and he's healthy. It isn't far fetched to say he'll do Team Japan more of a favor than a recovering Hanyu does.
    Kanako? Well yes, she beat Akiko at Worlds and Nats, But Akiko won at 4CC. Akiko is inconsistent, but I'd say she still has at least the same scroing potential as Kanako and isn't a weaker team member.

America is they're best minus D/W. But hey, V/M aren't there either, so I guess no prpblem with that.

Russia? As far as we know, B/S and I/K declined because of injury. (Contrasting to V/M, who just don't want to go, I take it?). Except from that, it's they're strongest team too. And V/T are going. For what, if not for a chance to medal?

The other two teams are a little bit out of the running though... but Canada doesn't deserve to win just because of their entries. They deserve to win when all their supossedly strongest entries actually deliver

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    There has been no public explanation of why V&M and D&W didn't go. D&W were talking about looking forward to WTT, then V&M said they weren't going & were going back to Canton to work on their Olympic programs, then suddenly D&W weren't going.

My guess is that D&W don't want to be caught napping at WTT while V&M get ahead in training. About V&M, AFAIR, they didn't like the WTT event in any case.

Banned
    News clip on Menshov's preparation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHll2hFCO0M He says he feels well and in a good mood to compete. All this Menshov-Kovtun rivary is what journalists need. Skaters need to skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    News clip on Menshov's preparation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHll2hFCO0M He says he feels well and in a good mood to compete. All this Menshov-Kovtun rivary is what journalists need. Skaters need to skate.
    My respect for Menshov as a person is just through the roof this season. He has carried himself admirably, fairly and sportsmanlike through the whole drama when it must be killing him inside.

Menshov does look to be in great shape. I am looking forward to seeing him compete.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    My respect for Menshov as a person is just through the roof this season. He has carried himself admirably, fairly and sportsmanlike through the whole drama when it must be killing him inside.
    This!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    This!

to Menshov AND karne!!!

Banned
    Ten twittered that he is coming to WTT, obviously as a guest skater I assume: https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/321477194742374400

Jeremy left a video message for his fan at Narita airport: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhfQYxPX60 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Young Russians seem like in a good mood too: http://instagram.com/p/X2MynaCBfc/#

Patrick- as usual: https://twitter.com/WeaverPoje/statu...721665/photo/1

On the Ice
    Still sad that Abbott is going instead of Miner. I know, I know, Ross has had troubles last two competitions, but I still see Ross making improvements and LOVE his programs and the way he muscles through his elements. All I can say is Abbott better get his quad fixed...

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    WTT team captains, per Tatjana Flade @Tatjana21:

• CAN - P. Chan
    • CHN - H. Zhang
    • FRA - V. James (no longer B. Joubert)
    • JPN - D. Takahashi
    • RUS - M. Trankov
    • USA - A. Wagner

I look forward to the ladies the most. I suppose Asada, Suzuki and Wagner may comprise the podium, but which one of Li, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Osmond and Gold will seize the day?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I want to see how Chock & Bates match up again against Weaver & Poje. The short training time that W&P have had since Worlds should mean they are in better shape than they were there, but when I checked back to the Worlds scores, I was surprised to see that C&B were only a little over 2 points behind W&P.

5 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 166.20 6 5
    6 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 165.60 4 7
    7 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 163.93 7 6
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-10-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast