Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy Entries

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Adelina had the same case last year - not eligible for worlds, but went to WTT. So pretty surely Julia could go too.

And I don't get where people get that sense of "these skaters have to go or they'll be pemalized!" from? Definitly not from last years WTT.

Hanyu was injured last year and didn't compete, he seems to be even worse this year, so I'll doubt he'll have to go. Maybe he'd want to, but for now, I'm not really expecting him to be there. Especially since Japan has so many other great man... I'm not sure if Takahashi will go. Last season, it was a very good event for him, but this year he looks so exhausted. It might be another good opportunity for Mura, or if Kozuka is healthy again, he could make a little comeback here to show he's still someone to watch out for.
    France will probably go with Joubert and Amodio, but mainly, I just don't know whom else they could send.
    Chan and Reynolds looks reasonable for Canada too, and China will very likely send Song and Yan.
    Russia should send Menshov, but I wouldn't expect Voronov to be there. Probably Kovtun, if he doesn't want to go, maybe it'll be Gachinski.
    America I think should send Aaron, he's done very well for himself that season and doesn't look that exhausted to me. Farris would be the other best choice I think, it would be a great first showing against the top senior men.

For the ladies: I fear Suzuki will be left out and it will be Asada and Murakami to compete (although Mao skipped WTT last season too). China has Li and Zhang. I'd like to see Gao being allowed to skate here, but it will probably be Wagner and Gold.
    The russian entries are a little harder to predict, but I guess Sotnikova will be there. Second one might be Lipnitskaya, to give her more experience. I'd like to see Tuktamysheva, but I guess Mishin won't like that.
    For Canada, I'd like to see another one of the younger girls, like Daleman, next to Osmond, but maybe it will be Lacoste after all.
    Meite will have to go for France, but that second spot...

Banned
    Adelina was 15 when she competed, Julia is still 14
    does WTT follow the Worlds age requirement ? If not I would be happy to see Julia compete. No more Leonova this season Pls she is a mess already

I am sure these Penalties don't apply
    V/T am almost certain will not compete again, it will be Stolbova/Klimov

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    If the WTT followed the worlds age requirement than Adelina couldn't have skated there last season. She was 15 too when worlds happened, becoming 15 on July 1st wasn't enough for worlds but still it was for WTT (she would have needed to be 15 before July 1st for worlds). I'm not knowing the exact age requierements for WTT, but I thought Liza could have gone last year too when she was still 14 - at least there was talk about her declining, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    For the ladies: I fear Suzuki will be left out and it will be Asada and Murakami to compete (although Mao skipped WTT last season too). China has Li and Zhang. I'd like to see Gao being allowed to skate here, but it will probably be Wagner and Gold.
    The russian entries are a little harder to predict, but I guess Sotnikova will be there. Second one might be Lipnitskaya, to give her more experience. I'd like to see Tuktamysheva, but I guess Mishin won't like that.
    For Canada, I'd like to see another one of the younger girls, like Daleman, next to Osmond, but maybe it will be Lacoste after all.
    Meite will have to go for France, but that second spot...
    For Japan: it will be 90% Mao and Kanako, last year Mao skipped WTT because of Worlds' poor result. I think Russia will send Adelina and Liza, but I would like to see Pogorilaya there, I think that both Radionova and Lipnitskaya are not age-eligible. For USA it will be Wagner and Gold, for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    For Japan: it will be 90% Mao and Kanako, last year Mao skipped WTT because of Worlds' poor result. I think Russia will send Adelina and Liza, but I would like to see Pogorilaya there, I think that both Radionova and Lipnitskaya are not age-eligible. For USA it will be Wagner and Gold, for sure.
    Liza I don't think will go, Mishin has never send any of his students to a WTT
    Pogorilaya is also 14, so If Lipnitskaya is permitted they will send her, this will be good experience for Julia and she is returning to form

sad but I agree Akiko is done like Leonova

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Liza I don't think will go, Mishin has never send any of his students to a WTT
    Pogorilaya is also 14, so If Lipnitskaya is permitted they will send her, this will be good experience for Julia and she is returning to form

sad but I agree Akiko is done like Leonova
    No, just watch her 4CC programs: they are as beautiful as always, and they said that she was really good in practices at Worlds, she said that she had a probelm with the ice surface in the main rink, she just had an off-competition: remember that she had two season always on the podium except Japan Nationals this year when she was 4th, comparing her results with Leonova's I would say that she's A LOT more competitive than Alena at the moment...
    And, if Liza doesn't go and Julia/Anna aren't age-eligible, who will? Gosviani?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    No, just watch her 4CC programs: they are as beautiful as always, and they said that she was really good in practices at Worlds, she said that she had a probelm with the ice surface in the main rink, she just had an off-competition: remember that she had two season always on the podium except Japan Nationals this year when she was 4th, comparing her results with Leonova's I would say that she's A LOT more competitive than Alena at the moment...
    And, if Liza doesn't go and Julia/Anna aren't age-eligible, who will? Gosviani?
    Suzuki is being dumped by Kanako , she will not be Japanese No.2 by next Season I am 100% certain
    Akiko was never a Japanese Fed fave, she was more of a filler

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    V/T am almost certain will not compete again, it will be Stolbova/Klimov
    Max and Tania said last year in one of their blog entries that they were going to be at WTT, so i think they will be there, unless they changed their mind in the between, of course.

Custom Title
    I'd be surprised if V/M go to WTT. Scott Moir hates that competition. They could probably plead that Tessa's legs need a rest, but then Canada would have no chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I'd be surprised if V/M go to WTT. Scott Moir hates that competition. They could probably plead that Tessa's legs need a rest, but then Canada would have no chance of winning.
    Well they've been to it twice and there's a team competition at the Olympics. He doesn't have a choice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by volotrankov View Post
    Max and Tania said last year in one of their blog entries that they were going to be at WTT, so i think they will be there, unless they changed their mind in the between, of course.
    but last year they didn't go because they were no S/S and they went to an ice show instead after few months
    maybe they will go this time as they have won now but its still doubtful and would be surprised to see them

Stolbova/Klimov is the one mentioned going to WTT
    also Menshov will be there and rumors Julia will be too

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Here's the announcement for the WTT

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3967

3.2 Consequences of non-participation
    It is of the highest importance that Rule 136 paragraph 6 of the ISU General Regulations be respected and implemented by all ISU Members and Skaters.

To be in compliance with Rule 136, paragraph 6, the following directive is issued by the ISU Council. Any Skater/Couple from a Qualified ISU Member, who placed within the first ten (10) places at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013 and is ranked in the ISU World Standings among the best 2 Lady Single Skaters, best 2 Men Single Skaters, the best Pair Skating couple and the best Ice Dance couple of his/her/their respective Qualified ISU Member, if this Skater/Couple elects in advance of the ISU World Team Trophy not to participate in the ISU World Team Trophy (for whatever reason), he/she/they will not be permitted to participate in any other competitions, shows, and exhibitions from Monday noon (March 18, 2013) after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013, during the ISU World Team Trophy, and until April 15, 2013.

In addition, depending on the circumstances, the concerned Skater/Couple and Members may be subject to sanctions in accordance with Rule 136, paragraph 6 of the General Regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    And I think that another 2nd place finish could really hurt their reputation...

Custom Title
    Canada should definitely send Daleman if she wants it, or Chartrand. Lacoste would probably still score better considering their understandably low visibility on the scene but one of them is virtually guaranteed to be skating this competition at the Olympics beside Osmond. This being a nice low pressure senior international is a fairly good way to introduce a skater to this level as well.

Custom Title
    In terms of the Russian men, I'd send Menshov and Voronov, as consolation for not being sent to Worlds in favour of a guy they both beat. Gachinski I think would likely refuse, it seems he is already firmly focused on next season (choroegraphing his new long and everything), so I think he wouldn't be in much of a frame of mind to head out onto the international stage again and frankly I'd rather see him stay home and make sure everything is right.

In terms of the American men...Max is a dynamo and the energizer bunny but even he's got to need a rest, he did Nats, 4CCs and Worlds in a short space of time. I don't think there'd be too many objections if Max wanted to stay home. It might be good for Ross to go out again and "get back on the horse" so to speak, but then again he must be pretty tired too. Maybe Jeremy but only if he can guarantee that it'll be his best effort, otherwise it's just pointless giving him a spot on any team. I'd be interested to see where Joshua and Jason's trainings are at. They're both post-season at hte moment but I would imagine the USFSA would have given their teams a heads-up that they may be in contention, and it would be a great way to give them Senior exposure, especially if they're both on the Senior GP next year. Ricky and Adam are other possibilities.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast