deedee1

Record Breaker
WTT Russia:

Men: Konstantin Menshov Maxim Kovtun
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
Ice Dance: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev

Thanks!
Official, right? Very strong team, unlike last year. Russia can aim for the gold this time, I think.
Bolded skaters are the oens to get to see live for my husband and me for the first time. :)
My hubby is jumping up and down for Liza! :laugh: And I am sure I will be cheering for Konstantin like hell. :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
you never know, Julia's vk page hasn't been active for many days that mean's she's back on the ice, who is known too abstain networking sites when training
that list could still change, I have doubts on Liza competing where Mishin will have the final say

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
IF V/M indeed will not compete, we all know Moir's big mouth
and probably can't take another loss to D/W

You don't know that. V/M could possibly win. The twizzle mistakes in the SD at Worlds cost them
going into the FD they had a lot of points to make up.

I thought their FD at Worlds was amazing and the best they skated that program all season. I admit I was not a fan of their
Carmen but the way they skated and expressed the program at Worlds was a piece of art. I would never count out V/M.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Gorshkov said Team Russia for WTT is not settled yet. The official announcement will be on Friday. It might be the same list though I guess.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Adelina is a headcase

You should really pay attention to what she produced on the ice lately. She didn't fall and only singled a jump at her last 2 competitions (Europeans and Worlds). I know she had many other technical issues but that doesn't make her a headcase. She stayed on her feet and attacked her programs pretty well. She is Russia's best lady skater at this point also, this including your beloved Julia

gmyers

Record Breaker
All this pushing of kovtun and assignments for kovtun makes me think everyone in the Russian federation knows plushenko is not going to go or compete and the person will be kovtun. That's why he's getting all these assignments for no reason whatsoever.

gmyers

Record Breaker
You should really pay attention to what she produced on the ice lately. She didn't fall and only singled a jump at her last 2 competitions (Europeans and Worlds). I know she had many other technical issues but that doesn't make her a headcase. She stayed on her feet and attacked her programs pretty well. She is Russia's best lady skater at this point also, this including your beloved Julia

Sotnikova did have major issues - ur on 3t's and lack of 3 jump combo after messing up again on her worst jump the flip that she choked on.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Sotnikova did have major issues - ur on 3t's and lack of 3 jump combo after messing up again on her worst jump the flip that she choked on.

Yes, but that doesn't qualify her as a headcase. She didn't bomb. She did well for a debut, that's what I am saying. Her flip is not her worst jump, her lutz is, IMO

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes, but that doesn't qualify her as a headcase. She didn't bomb. She did well for a debut, that's what I am saying. Her flip is not her worst jump, her lutz is, IMO

her Flip is her nemesis, she has singled almost of all of it or has lost combos with it
this list is not yet final, so Julia could still still have a chance :yes:

gold12345

Medalist
I wonder if Moir would still hate this event if they had beaten D/W the last time. I'm sure he wouldn't want that to happen again this year.

This event is fun, relatively laid back, and the prize money is good... It's hard to hate it, even if it may be somewhat fatiguing for the skaters coming off the high of Worlds.

gmyers

Record Breaker

She cant do a lutz without an edge call but the flip is something she really can't do! Singles or falls or stepouts. You tell her to do a flip in an lp and she's almost guaranteed to mess it up in some way. That makes it her worst jump.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I want Menshov to beat Kovtun as marked by international judges...if only to see the look on the Russian Fed's collective red faces. I wonder what fresh excuses Tarasova would come up with then!

If Kovtun skates well that may not happen, however. Menshov had a consistent season but so did Kovtun. Kovtun had 2 meh competitions - Nats and Worlds, but was very strong at all his other events. If I had to guess, at WTT Menshov will beat him, but by a very narrow margin. It's not like Menshov is some kind of skate god and Kovtun is a piece of crap kid like some are suggesting. He beat Han Yan at JGP Croatia and Farris and Brown at JGPF, and those guys are all good, winning 4CC bronze and JWC gold and silver this season. Clearly he is very talented.

gmyers

Record Breaker
You point out how his problems started with senior length skates starting at nationals. Once he it seniors because all his training and success was in juniors he started to bomb horribly. It does not matter that menshov is Not a skate god he was better than kovtun. There is a difference between juniors and seniors and kovtun shows difficultly handling it. Euros was mixed for kovtun not any kind of great triumph. He was lucky plushenko withdrew.

Kutien

Final Flight
Not official, I`ve tolk to Alexander Gorshkov - the president of russian figure skating assosiation.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
her Flip is her nemesis, she has singled almost of all of it or has lost combos with it
this list is not yet final, so Julia could still still have a chance :yes:

That is not true. She landed the 3F in the SP four times this season: at 2012 Nebelhorn trophy, 2012-2013 Nationals, 2012 Europeans, 2013 Worlds. She singled the 3F only twice, at her GP events: 2012 Skate America and 2012 Rostelecom Cup. So 4/6 in the SP. At all her 6 events she landed cleanly 1 out of her 2 flips planned in the LP. So yes, she has issues with this jump all right, but she didn't "singled almost all of them". And when she lands it, the jump is well executed. We can't compare it with her 3Lz since she has only 1 planned and only in the LP, but she got an edge call every time and missed it a couple of times

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh that is to bad about D/W the Japanese audience will miss them. They are super popular in Japan.

This will make it a little harder for the US. Glad Jeremy is going though!

So no show down between the two highest ranking Ice Dance Teams.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Once V&M decided to stay, and announced in a radio interview that they are taking a week off and then starting Olympic programs with Marina, I felt it was unlikely D&W would go.