World Team Trophy Entries | Page 8 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy Entries

gmyers

Record Breaker
Team Russia entries were officially approved by RusFed today. It's the same list as was originally announced: VolTran, B/S, Liza, Adelya, Max, Kostya.

I'm outraged. The only question is will kovtun do better then he did last year. No reason to believe he has the capability! With his double axel short programs or his 3t 1t short programs whenever he's a senior! It's about time he shows some senior talent and hopefully he's taking this seriously and is trying to redeem himself of his every competition since jrgpf being awful in some way or multiple ways! This should not be a show to him but serious stuff to show that he has actually improved from last year wtt and there's no evidence he has since jrgpf.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if there will be an ISU live streaming (just like last year) for this WTT?

Country
Russia
I'm outraged. The only question is will kovtun do better then he did last year. No reason to believe he has the capability! With his double axel short programs or his 3t 1t short programs whenever he's a senior! It's about time he shows some senior talent and hopefully he's taking this seriously and is trying to redeem himself of his every competition since jrgpf being awful in some way or multiple ways! This should not be a show to him but serious stuff to show that he has actually improved from last year wtt and there's no evidence he has since jrgpf.
Kovtun was the only skater who at Euro landed 4+3 combo twice - both in SP and FS. At Euro he was 5th and best of Russian skaters (Voronov 7th, Pluschenko WD).
At Worlds in FS he landed two 4T (one in combo).
So he is not so bad skater.

Situation is even more interesting - both Kovtun and Menshov were 12th(i.e. last) at WTT - Kovtun at 2012, Menshov at 2009 (with score lower than Kovtun at 2012).

gmyers

Record Breaker
I know kovtun is not bad. He just can not deliver at all in senior competitions. Like in worlds 2 quads and 2 3a with 3a in bonus but then the most spectacular collapse!! Euros sp was doomed by double axel. So you can see how he can't compete properly and wtt is an opportunity to do better with something being clean and marred by something dumb like 4 combos in a fs!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The live stream will be blocked in the countries that have bought TV rights (Japan, Korea).

CANADA
Patrick CHAN
Kevin REYNOLDS
Gabrielle DALEMAN
Kaetlyn OSMOND
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

CHINA
Nan SONG Men
Han YAN Men
Zijun LI Ladies
Kexin ZHANG Ladies
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG Pairs
Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG Ice Dance

FRANCE
Florent AMODIO
Brian JOUBERT
Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY
Mae Berenice MEITE
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT

JAPAN
Takahito MURA
Daisuke TAKAHASHI
Mao ASADA
Akiko SUZUKI
--- Pairs
Cathy REED / Chris REED

RUSSIA
Maxim KOVTUN
Konstantin MENSHOV
Adelina SOTNIKOVA
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV

USA
Max AARON
Jeremy ABBOTT
Gracie GOLD
Ashley WAGNER
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES

Entries by discipline, including substitutes, plus link to Time and Practice schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051444.htm

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Does this mean I'll be able to watch it in Australia?! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Since it seems TV Asahi has no desire to broadcast it live in Japan :sarcasm:, I've decided going! :biggrin:
The following skaters are first time for me to see them skate live. And bolded ones are those I am REALLY excited to see! :love:

CANADA
Gabrielle DALEMAN
Kaetlyn OSMOND
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

CHINA
Han YAN
Zijun LI
Kexin ZHANG
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG

FRANCE
Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES

RUSSIA
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV

USA
Max AARON
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Since it seems TV Asahi has no desire to broadcast it live in Japan :sarcasm:, I've decided going! :biggrin:
The following skaters are first time for me to see them skate live. And bolded ones are those I am REALLY excited to see! :love:
But are you attending all the competitions? Lucky you! Cheer for Akiko, she really needs a good competition to redeem herself!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Will you be going let's talk???
I will. It took me about 20 minutes to finally get in the system-overloaded-try-again-later ticket machine (internet becomes even less reliable in such cases) to get the tickets I wanted on the first day of sales at 10:00am sharp (in pre-sales there were only second-bowl tickets where I don't want to sit). At around lunch time the tickets in the upper bowl were left only. Of course they are gone now too, especially for the weekend. Maybe on Thur and Fri there are some tickets left somewhere under the ceiling, or may be not. Everybody knows that it's the last WTT for two mega stars Dai and Mao, and btw the first one where they both will skate. So the house will be full. And nothing else matter. Unfortunately there are some impolite guests who were not intelligently bright enough and therefore chose to come. But I'll pretend they are not there. ;)