Should/will Ashley Wagner Retire after the Olympics? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Should/will Ashley Wagner Retire after the Olympics?

minze

Medalist
I don't think "greatest ever" means "perfect in every single way" (better jumper than Midori Ito, more balletic than Mao Asada, more moving than Michelle Kwan, etc.). For Yuna to be considered the greatest ever in general, the bar is a bit lower and actually achievable. Michael Jordan's stats, for example, is beaten in certain respects by several basketball players. Nevertheless, in the history of basketball he is the "greatest ever" by acclamation.

Agree with you. And I feel the same way about Michelle Kwan. Dont get me wrong she is amazing and one of the greatest, but I think some people claim she is the best by aclamation.

minze

Medalist
This sport can be so routhless and some of the fans can be too. Seriously, some people talk about this skaters as if they are not human beens who make mistakes. Wow, sometimes you have one bad competion and some fans on twitter and youtube are calling the worst skater ever, I dont agree with that. Take someone like Akiko she has gone throoug some much overcame an eating disorede, skating at age 27 and after her showing at worlds some of the messages she was getting were cruel.