Olympic Season Grand Prix Assigments | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic Season Grand Prix Assigments

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ashley will probably get Skate America but i hope Gracie gets it instead.

Grace will definitely get Skate America, she is heavily promoted by the US media and has betetr chance of medaling in Sochi
Wagner oth passed her peak in 2012 and a medal for Wagner in Sochi is unlikely

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS could name both Gracie and Ashley as host picks; Japan has done that before when they had two seeded skaters. However, I doubt USFS will do that.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
USFS could name both Gracie and Ashley as host picks; Japan has done that before when they had two seeded skaters. However, I doubt USFS will do that.

not a good strategy also as the other one will be overshadowed, in the case of Wagner who will be of disadvantage to Gracie who is superior to her in TES and Artistry

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is technically superior to Wagner, but not artistically. At Worlds, Ashley scored 63.02 in PCS to Gracie's 60.18. That's a pretty big gap.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie is technically superior to Wagner, but not artistically. At Worlds, Ashley scored 63.02 in PCS to Gracie's 60.18. That's a pretty big gap.

that gap will narrow or even surpass by this coming Season
Wagner will Not be the leading US skater in route for Sochi, it will be Gracie Gold

mary01

Final Flight
that gap will narrow or even surpass by this coming Season
Wagner will Not be the leading US skater in route for Sochi, it will be Gracie Gold

I agree with this, Gracie already has a bigger scoring potential then Ashley, and this may be subjective but artistically I would prefer Gracie any day over Ashley.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That won't happen until Gracie gets a topnotch choreographer and she learns the art of 'selling' a progam. Ashley has really learned how to sell her programs to judges and audience and it has paid off for her.

Gracie goes through the motions, but she there were many moments in her program which needed emphasis. For example, the march portion has no impact because there was no definite transition into it, and she didn't 'work' it. She needs a choreographer who can help her find the highlights in a program and make them exciting.

mary01

Final Flight
That won't happen until Gracie gets a topnotch choreographer and she learns the art of 'selling' a progam. Ashley has really learned how to sell her programs to judges and audience and it has paid off for her.

Gracie goes through the motions, but she there were many moments in her program which needed emphasis. For example, the march portion has no impact because there was no definite transition into it, and she didn't 'work' it. She needs a choreographer who can help her find the highlights in a program and make them exciting.

yes but the artistic side is always easier to work on then issues on the technical side, and I'm sure that Gracie will develop as skater with time and experience.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley has got over 5 years on Gracie in terms of age and experience. Now that Gracie seems to be getting a handle on how to compete next she needs to stop rushing all the time. I think that's a big part of the problem. She reminds me of Kostner about 7 year ago with her speed and being a bit out of control.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Rushing is a matter of nerves typically. She's rushed less and less through her competitive skates as the season has progressed.

USFS almost always gives the national champion Skate America. I would be surprised if Ashley doesn't get it.