Thread: Dancing With The Stars-GO Dorothy!

Hybrid View

Dancing With The Stars-GO Dorothy!

Dancing with the Stars premiers tonight at 8:00 PM ET

Custom Title
    I missed the first ten minutes. Hope I didn't miss Dorothy! So far the boxer has been the best. And he seems like such a nice guy, too.

Dorothy is next.

I could definitely see the skater in Dorothy during her dance. I think it was a nice song for her, as well. Very neat and tidy - just as her skating is....

I got teary as she described how Kristi's performances on DWTS helped her get through her breast cancer treatments and it made me picture a little Kristi holding on to her Dorothy Hamill doll. Hope Kristi appears in the audience for Dorothy.

Go Dorothy!

Zendaya was the best (she's a third of Dorothy's age. ), but Dorothy is tied for second. She was a lovely vision in lavender.

Len was too hard on Andy Dick. He wasn't bad at all.

E.L Hugley did the worst of any contestant since Master P.

Custom Title
    Dorothy was wonderful. Notice that they didn't give her an easy dance like a waltz. She did contemporary! That's pretty challenging. I think she did a good job, though I agree that Zendaya was the best. I hope that Z. will get respect from voters; the Disney kids are always good and always get voted off too early.

It will be interesting to see what Aly Raisman will do. Seeing her makes one realize how good Shawn Johnson really was. Shawn mastered the transition between gymnastics power moves and the grace required for dance. Aly doesn't have that shift down pat yet. Also, I wish no one would wear those fringe dresses. I know the movement of the fringe is supposed to be graceful, but often it just makes the wearer look bulky, especially in day-glow colors.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Go Dorothy!

Zendaya was the best (she's a third of Dorothy's age. ), but Dorothy is tied for second. She was a lovely vision in lavender.

Len was too hard on Andy Dick. He wasn't bad at all.

Absolutely agree with everything you said. Zendaya was amazing. Andy was charming and not nearly as jerky as Len made it sound -- his choreo wasn't easy at all for the first week, either, but he stayed in synch quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

I'm not sure if I'd put DL Hughley above or below Billy Ray Cyrus. I agree that Master P was the worst, but he got some leeway the 1st week because he was a lost minute replacement for his son and therefore didn't have as much rehearsal time as the others.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I could definitely see the skater in Dorothy during her dance.
    I was surprised at Dorothy's dance....I thought she looked kind of stiff and at times it did look like she was skating. I was surprised at Aly too, I thought she would be better than she was.