Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars-GO Dorothy!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Anyway, if we want humor, in addition to D.F. Hughley, this Jacoby Jones, the football player, seems to be incredibly funny. I just loved his reactions after his dance. He has lovely timing and looseness, too, though his feet don't yet know what to do.
    But I was surprised that he was so out of shape two months after the super bowl that he couldn't hold his closing pose and was still gasping for air several minutes later when the scores were read. Come on you superbly conditioned athlete, if Kirsty Ally and Cloris Leachmen can get through a minute and a half of dancing, so can you.

Custom Title
    Yeah, it's amazing to realize that Chloris Leachman was already in her eighties when she danced, and Kirstie was about sixty. Moreover, Kirstie competed twice!

Custom Title
    So distressing about Dorothy! It was odd that she withdrew at the end of the program rather than showing up at the beginning, but maybe they told her to be quiet about it until the last minute to keep up the suspense.

I plan to keep watching, though, because there's plenty to see and enjoy. I know that in principle I should prefer the real amateur dancers, the ones who start out knowing nothing and improve, but it is certainly is a joy to see someone like Zendaya or Kellie Pickler perform so amazingly right off the bat. Derek and Kellie look almost like siblings (let's say second cousins to make it a bit more dance-romantic) or like the male and female versions of the same person, the way Denkova and Staviskiy did, or the Duchesnays. They're an inspired couple. And of course Val and Zendaya are dynamite. I have to say, I've been uniformly impressed with the personalities of the Disney "kids" who have taken part in different seasons of this show. They're like old-time MGM contract players, trained to the utmost in skills such as singing and dancing, smart and engaged, with splendid personalities. They seem well-behaved and disciplined, not runaway trains like Lindsay Lohan (who actually did start out as a Disney star, alas) and now Justin Bieber.

Disappointed about Dorothy. I probably will not continue to watch as I am not a fan of this show.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Disappointed about Dorothy. I probably will not continue to watch as I am not a fan of this show.
    On the other hand, it's great to know that she was not in the bottom two!

On the other hand, it's great to know that she was not in the bottom two!
    Of course us fans would never let that happen. lol

No Maks, no Anna and now no Tristian. BOO! Hope Dorothy has a good outcome to her scary medical problem.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    But I was surprised that he was so out of shape two months after the super bowl that he couldn't hold his closing pose and was still gasping for air several minutes later when the scores were read. Come on you superbly conditioned athlete, if Kirsty Ally and Cloris Leachmen can get through a minute and a half of dancing, so can you.
    Might have something to do with his knee surgery two months ago.

Custom Title
    It is sad that Dorothy had to withdraw but a wise decision under the circumstances. As a dance fan (I also watch SYTYCD), I think Kellie Pickler has amazing flexibility and musical chops, January Jones, has surprising rhythm, and the 16-year old, Zendaya, should be the final 3, and Kellie should win. Aly, the gymnast is no Shawn Johnson but will hang on for awhile. I think the new pro Gleb is a hottie.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    After seeing two dances now, Kellie is amazing and I thought Aly improved from week one, though still has a bit of surprising lack of limberness or fluidity or something, given that she's a gymnast. But even as amazing as Kellie is, I still thought Zendaya was the best. I would love to see her go very far with this.

Sorry Dorothy wasn't able to continue. And sorry not to get to see Tristan a bit longer.

So distressing about Dorothy! It was odd that she withdrew at the end of the program rather than showing up at the beginning, but maybe they told her to be quiet about it until the last minute to keep up the suspense.
    If they had announced Dorothy's withdrawal at the beginning there wouldn't have been a show.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    It is sad that Dorothy had to withdraw but a wise decision under the circumstances. As a dance fan (I also watch SYTYCD), I think Kellie Pickler has amazing flexibility and musical chops, January Jones, has surprising rhythm, and the 16-year old, Zendaya, should be the final 3, and Kellie should win. Aly, the gymnast is no Shawn Johnson but will hang on for awhile. I think the new pro Gleb is a hottie.
    Gleb is beyond hot! So handsome that new words will have to be coined to describe him. I'm glad you agree about Kellie Pickler. I love her extensions. And of course Zendaya is splendid.

Agreed that Aly is not the contestant Shawn is. I don't know why that is, whether she's less flexible or just uncomfortable expressing emotions. Seeing her makes one realize that it's not automatic that a gymnast will be outstanding at this. Shawn had a special ability to adapt, and perhaps more musicality, at least compared with Aly currently. It's entirely possible that Aly will improve. She has a huge advantage with Mark as her partner: not only is he one of the best choreographers, but he has experience partnering with and choreographing for a gymnast. Also, Shawn and Aly have a similar build, petite but muscular, so that a lot of what he learned for Shawn will give him a head start here.

I think Aly's general personality is a bit more reserved than Shawn Johnson's. SO, it might take her a couple of dances to get out of her shell.

Zendaya is definitely the best of the Disney kids to appear on DWTS. Disney definitely looks to develop triple threat talent - many of our favorites stars started on the Mickey Mouse Club (Justin Timberlake, Christina Augilera, Keri Russell, Britney Spears, etc.) Overall, they are all groomed to handle themselves well with some exceptions (Britney for a period, while Miley hasn't done anything 'bad', she's definitely looking for attention.) Hopefully, people will vote for her for a long time.

I was sad that Dorothy had to withdraw. They definitely asked her to wait til the end to make the announcement. I'm grateful that she bowed out for her own health and out of respect for the other contestants! Kudos to her!!!! Hopefully, they'll ask her to appear again when she's healthy.

I was hoping Lisa Vanderpump would go home...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    January Jones, has surprising rhythm,
    Is January Jones on the show???

Quote Originally Posted by Heyang
    I was hoping Lisa Vanderpump would go home...
    Heyang, why Lisa?? I thought Dororthy just based on her dance would go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Is January Jones on the show???

Heyang, why Lisa?? I thought Dororthy just based on her dance would go home.
    I thought the same thing - I don't think January Jones is on the show, but there are a lot of blondes that resemble her somewhat...

The elimination is seldom based upon dancing during the 1st week - otherwise, Master P and Billy Ray Cyrus would've gone home their 1st weeks. My pick was really based upon who was the official bottom 2 - Lisa/Gleb or Victor/Lindsay. I thought Lisa was the weaker dancer between the 2.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast