Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars-GO Dorothy!

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Aly's and Mark's was my favorite (dance of the night, that is)! Had an almost masquerade quality, or like Bruno said, exotic and futuristic. Loved all the dances tonight, though, really. However, I just don't emotionally connect with all the posing Kellie and Derek do, though I can see that it is quite amazing athletically. It was entertaining but I wasn't moved to tears as so many were. Jacoby and Karina were a little lost in the shuffle but it was still great fun. Val and Zen did better at using their adorable troupe but not being overshadowed by it. Great, great show. Hope Zendaya wins the Mirror Ball, but regardless of who wins, it was a really good season, I thought.

Sad about the horrible tornadoes in OK.

Custom Title
    I didn't get Aly's dance either. I loved both Kelly and Zendaya and thought Jacoby's dance was heaps of fun, though he's just less accomplished than the three ladies. Aly and Mark seemed to be moving in a frenzied, disconnected way that the extreme lighting didn't help. It's just not to my taste, though I admire Mark's basic idea of using a kind of apparatus to show off Aly's physical strength. The costume and all the extra movements were too fussy and hectic for me.

I am honestly torn between Kellie and Zendaya. Zendaya is probably a bit more versatile, but Kellie radiates emotion so well. They're just about equally amazing to me.

Custom Title
    For me, Kellie & Derek's Quickstep and contemporary FD was by far the best this evening and they should win the trophy but who knows how the public will vote. Zendaya is 16 and certainly can dance, but has the emotional temperament of a typical teenager. Aly dances with great athleticism but that's about it.

For me, Aly's the most improved, especially from a performance perspective. She seems to be reserved in personality; so, it was a learning curve for her to be more than athletic.

Jacoby is always fun to watch, but he's definitely lacking the refinement of the other 3.

I think Kelli's dancing has become 'warmer' as the seasons progressed. Thought she did a great job last night.

Zendaya was terrific, as always. Her youthful exuberance really shines through. There's less gravitas to her dancing because of her youth. Sometimes it is like watching a kid play at being grownup on the dance floor.

For me, that could be the dividing line between Kelli vs Zendaya. I'll be ok if either wins.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I'll be ok if either wins.
    Me too.

I think I would be upset if either Jacoby or Aly won. I think if there is any votes based on the pro, it would be for Val. He showed off his partner the best he could and had great choreography. I also thought Val handled the fact that Zendaya was taller than he.

Custom Title
    Val also did well at showing Zendaya's skills without making her look too provocative, which is an important consideration because of her age and personality. He managed to be tasteful yet bold in terms of trying new dance forms. Zendaya has such a command of rhythmic possibilities. There are some moves she made that were astonishing, because they used every bit of the music and every possible shift in body balance (I'm sure there's a more technical way to say this). She managed to give the impression of letting go without losing control of a movement.

Between Zendaya and Kellie, this has been one of the best seasons ever.

Custom Title
    I agree with the rest of you re Aly and Mark. Just didn't have the impact I had hoped for and expected. Jacoby and Karina did the best they could but I was watching the kids instead of them. Kellie/Derek absolutely took my breath away! Zen./Val were terrific. I'd be happy with either K/D or Z/V; some might want to see Val get his first trophy as Derek has had it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Val also did well at showing Zendaya's skills without making her look too provocative, which is an important consideration because of her age and personality...
    This was a handicap to the team, though. Even in terms of costume, they had to be cautious.

Aly's routine. What was the "glaring flub?"

http://www.today.com/entertainment/p...eaky-6C9996528

That was a pleasant surprise
    SPOILER
    Kristi Yamaguchi danced tonight alongside Dorothy Hamil.

Dorothy and Kristi! Dorothy and Kristi!

It rocked!

Custom Title
    I was absolutely delighted!

It was magical.

No Anna (redhead) so far tonight. Was hoping she would be around. And Tristian is also missing. Don't know if he was hurt or had prior commitments.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    ^Anna and Tony dance really well together IMO. They've had some fun "commercial break" numbers this season. Dunno why she isn't on tonight, either.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast