Ross Miner | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ross Miner

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Ross on his first silver medal. And his first US championships where he landed a quad (two of them!)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Ross on his first silver medal. And his first US championships where he landed a quad (two of them!)

:clap::points::party2: to Ross for his achievements at US Nats!!!

His japanese fans indeed look forward to seeing and rooting for him at 4CC in Osaka very soon. He had a couple of great skates when competing in Japan for some reason. Best of luck to him! :yay:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
My congratulations to Ross on his silver altho to be honest I expected him to grab the gold. However, I'm a Max Aaron fan, too so overall I was happy with Nationals results & our new World team. Looking forward to the upcoming competitions. It may be a long shot for them to garner 3 spots for 2014 but I believe its doable.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LONDON, Ontario — After taking online courses from the University of Missouri for a couple of years, Ross Miner figures that it might be time for him to actually sit in a lecture hall with classmates and a professor.

“I haven’t been to actual school since sixth grade at Mater Christi, so my study habits are a little interesting,” said the 22-year-old Vermont native, who will be competing Wednesday at the World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario. “I have a post-doctorate, if there is such a thing, in skating.”

More

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ross "The Boss" Miner!

Since the disgusting nasties spewing their vindictive hatred at Ross got the Ross thread in "The Edge" closed:

Let's have a happy Ross thread!

The first thing that attracted me to Ross' skating was his bright, delighted smile. I knew immediately that here was someone who has never forgotten to skate for the joy of skating!

Your turn!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Count me in as a Ross fan. I think he is a well rounded skater (he is learning the quad, and it is a challenge for him - and this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly care for quads). I think he is a musical skater and a humble person. We have been very fortunate to see him a few summers in a row @ the Liberty Summer Competition, and I have been very impressed with him from the first time we saw him there. I liked him as a junior as well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Me too! In fact we already have a Ross fan fest thread. I'll be merging this thread into it.

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
Ross had the best photo shoot of all the guys, I think. Of course it helps that he is such a cute "boy next door" type.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ross had the best photo shoot of all the guys, I think. Of course it helps that he is such a cute "boy next door" type.

I agree. It was the most casual and relaxed. All of Max's poses, for example, were a bit weird.

lcd

Match Penalty
Ross is always so charming in the way he very naturally gives credit to his parents. There is always a slight sense of humor to his comments ("it didn't hurt that she was also director of day care") which only enhances one's sense for his "boy-ish" charm personality. :agree:

Hope Ross has a season he will be proud of.