Ross Miner | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ross Miner

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, that's exactly what I hope for him. And that he gets his quad salchow consistent, so that he is encouraged to keep skating, whatever his results. His joy in the sport shines through that blog, and through his skating!

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
I haven't heard anything. He didn't skate at Liberty either, and he usually competes there.

http://www.rossminer.net/ross-miner-press-links.html

Ross's website lists his 2 GP events, and doesn't list anything else on his schedule. The above link has lots of articles about Ross :)

Thanks, I'm glad he's updating his website. He must be behind in putting the new long program together I'm guessing as to why he's not doing the early competitions? Anyway, I can't wait to see his new programs, he is truly special to watch. I'm a little Leary about him using "the way we were" for his short program though. He has a rep for being boring (which I totally disagree with) but the critics may eat him alive with that one.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Is he possibly entered for the Cranberry Open this weekend? A lot of Boston skaters are?

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
Ok, us Ross fans need to get this thread going again. Ive been reading some very negative things about Ross, so I think we should talk about some positives and send some good vibes his way before he competes at Skate Canada this week. Anyone want to start and say some good things about his new programs?

lcd

Match Penalty
I think with each program, I hope that he really takes his time before starting. Both are unique in their own way.

The Short is very romantic and peaceful. Depending on what kind of program precedes him, the audience needs to be ready to pay attention and focus. It is like reciting a quiet thoughtful poem, and for that, people should be listening.

For the Free, there is a meaningful theme and tone. While Men's is about hitting the jumps, regardless of how those go, the music and the story he is telling can be extremely effective if he stays with his music and lets himself simply tell the story.

All the best to Boston's best, Ross Miner!

Eislauf

On the Ice
Ross is a very nice, modest, grounded guy who unfailingly demonstrates gracious good sportsmanship. His free skate, for those who don't know, is about the Boston Marathon bombings. Ross, a native of Watertown, Mass, where the manhunt took place, felt compelled to say something about it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My very best wishes to Ross both for Skate Canada and for the rest of the season!

I hope he lands both his quads, and definitely shows the spirit of Boston Strong!

princessomega

Rinkside
I am also Very Happy that Ross isnt going to retire yet. I am a huge fan of his and i am rooting for him with my heart and soul!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Ross for winning the 2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic leg of the ISU Challenge series!! :clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ross did so much better at US Nationals than last year! I'm sad that he won't get to do 4C's, but so happy that his recovery is going well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/06/17/131001090

Ross will start his season at the Lake Placid Summer.Championships

Ross Miner will debut two new programs at the Lake Placid Summer Championships, which take place June 26-27. His short program, choreographed by Jamie Isley, is to Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind." The free skate, to a medley of songs by Queen, was choreographed by Lori Nichol in early April. Miner says he went out to California for the choreography sessions without a clear idea of what he was looking for
But the song 'Too Much Love Will Kill You' had been in my head the whole time."

He is also using Who Wants to Live Forever.

Last edited:

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
I love his sp music choice, not so sure about the long. I hope he has a program that builds at the end with a crescendo this year. His lp fell a little flat at the end last year at nationals. He needs to get the crowd behind him more!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
According to a July 2nd announcement by USFSA, Ross is in the B team envelope for 2015-16.

The Lake Placid Skating Club press release for the summer championship said Ross did do both his SP and LP there. The pess release approved of his programs, but gave no details.