Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Koshiro Shimada

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!

Koshiro Shimada

Although I worried that this could take away from the general Japanese skaters thread I thought it might be a good idea to start one for just Koshiro since we talk about him enough

Fun facts about Koshiro:
    He's from Okayama prefecture like Daisuke Takahashi and Keiji Tanaka.
    He's coached by Hiroshi Nagakubo's old partner.
    He won novice nationals the same year as Wakaba Higuchi, he won in his first year novice A!

His JSF profile
    Novice Nationals 2013
    The next year he lost novice nats to Sena Miyake
    December 2014 interview
    2014 EX
    Bratislava JGP: SP FS
    Zagreb JGP: SP FS
    December 2015 interview
    2015 Senior Nats SP

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by malo42 View Post
    Ah, this is where he shows his phone to the camera and tells the interviewers he sent Tatsuki Machida a text to congratulate him for his Skate America win and got a reply from him, returning the compliments for Koshiro. He's very proud of the fact that they sometimes text each other.

Thank you for starting the thread, malo42. First you started Tatsuki's, and now Koshiro's. I think this deserves a cute pic of both and another one with Mai Mihara and Kaori Sakamoto.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    It made me very happy to see that Koshiro is a Machida fan and it made me like him even more! I hope in the future maybe Tatsuki can choreograph a program for him.

He's a really great little performer and his FS this season shows that. I hope in the coming seasons he gets programs that showcase his performance ability. I also hope he improves his flip... I think I've mentioned it before but I'm more concerned about that than I am a 3A for him right now since he's still so young.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Can't he go to JW??? I read that somewhere I think.
    If it is true, it will be soooo disappointing

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailey Shin View Post
    Can't he go to JW??? I read that somewhere I think.
    If it is true, it will be soooo disappointing
    Unfortunately he wasnt selected for JW but at least we will see him at YOG!
    And thanks for starting the thread, i wanted to but couldnt be sure he is the best thing during this year's JGP for me and one of the highlights of the season he is so awesome and cute, and seems like have great guide like Tatsuki beside him

2 Not allowed!
    Koshiro's Happy Feet exhibition is missing from his thread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66StewVvJPg

I wonder where he took that idea from
    https://youtu.be/lvTBKjH4vmw?t=55s

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    I must admit that Koshiro passed under my radar until I read a comment about how this 14 year old feels "Tosca" deep in his soul. A 14 year old ?! So I checked his SP at the last JN, and so it was. And now I learned he is a Tatsuki fanboy so ...

I found him naturally expressive and long-limbed which augur well for his presentation scores. Hope he will be guided well as to the development of his jumps. Go Koshiro!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    I found him naturally expressive and long-limbed which augur well for his presentation scores. Hope he will be guided well as to the development of his jumps. Go Koshiro!
    yeah, he is very expressive except when he is busy smiling at his mistakes during his programs, does it remind you of someone?

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    yeah, he is very expressive except when he is busy smiling at his mistakes during his programs, does it remind you of someone?
    It does indeed. Another young Japanese skater stealing his way to my heart. Sigh!

2 Not allowed!
    still no video of his LP from nationals but i found junior nationals LP video, i dont remember watching it so here it is (i think i would remember seeing crying Koshiro if it was posted )
    http://japanskating.com/2015/11/29/36/
    his joy is so infectious so it made me teary seeing him cry after his skate, you did good my little Chaplin

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    still no video of his LP from nationals but i found junior nationals LP video, i dont remember watching it so here it is (i think i would remember seeing crying Koshiro if it was posted )
    his joy is so infectious so it made me teary seeing him cry after his skate, you did good my little Chaplin
    Oh what a precious video! Thanks for the link matmuh. Koshiro skates with his heart on his sleeve which adds to the emotional impact of his performance. And I too was touched by his tears at the K & C.

Incidentally you are becoming one of my bellwethers as to who among the juniors to watch out for.
    Last edited by Maria Victoria; 01-15-2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Remove excess phrase

0 Not allowed!
    i found junior nationals LP video
    Isn't he adorable! It seems like the flip is his nemesis jump, so he shouldn't mess up the short as much next season.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Oh what a precious video! Thanks for the link matmuh. Koshiro skates with his heart on his sleeve which adds to the emotional impact of his performance. And I too was touched by his tears at the K & C.

Incidentally you are becoming one of my bellwethers as to who among the juniors to watch out for.
    really? i will do my best! juniors are so precious, after watching Koshiro's LP yesteday i realized it again, amount of pressure they are under at such young age and handling it is amazing, most kids just wants to go out and play with friends, thats why i respect youngsters a lot!
    on another note, Koshiro was at NYOI show today and seems like he was trying to be "sexy", i am so curious how it was

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    really? i will do my best! juniors are so precious, after watching Koshiro's LP yesteday i realized it again, amount of pressure they are under at such young age and handling it is amazing, most kids just wants to go out and play with friends, thats why i respect youngsters a lot!
    I agree. I wish all of them well. Even if they don't make the breakthrough in senior competition, I hope the discipline they have imbibed from FS will help them in their life endeavors and enterprises.

on another note, Koshiro was at NYOI show today and seems like he was trying to be "sexy", i am so curious how it was
    Like you I am curious (very) to see how Koshiro fared in trying (the operative word I am sure) to be sexy.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Yes! I haven't seen this before, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by inloveagain View Post
    Isn't he adorable! It seems like the flip is his nemesis jump, so he shouldn't mess up the short as much next season.
    It so is. Next season should be better but I'd also like to see him conquer the flip!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast