Mirai Nagasu at 6 years old!
I like this thread a lot . Thanks, aftertherain.
This thread is too adorable for words! Mann... I am suddenly feeling my biological clock ticking. To think, I only need 7 more years time to make something like my own Mirai (bundle of joy) on ice video with my new 2020 iPhone X skating to some crazy music I find adorable. (Oh dear I am starting to sense a lethal case of skating mum syndrome coming along! Okay too much info... anyways.)
- The 12 years old Michelle and Yuna clip on the first page should make the greatest inspiration vids for budding skaters everywhere, that shows even the very bests have had hard time in the beginning - you just have to keep working at it and you can be just as good as them (or even better?!).
- 5 years old Baby Mao made me purrrr, i can see why Japan (&later other parts of the world) fell in love with her.
- 10 years old Kevin Reynolds is among the rare current competing skaters who can claim they have beaten Patrick Chan, AND the one who got all the attention. Not bad. (I can't believe his hair is so neat! I thought he was born with cool electrocuted hair like my troll dolls)
- Baby Patrick Chan grinning adorably winning the Bronze and no controversy!!!
- Tessa and Scott, their talent was apparent then as future world champions, especially Scott.
Sasha Cohen (1999) - Junior Nationals short program!
I add my thanks. This thread brings back the enjoyment not only of skating but of the skaters.
As for Sasha, I've seen this video before, and it always reminds me how amazingly complete she always looked, even at so early an age. I think that this video is from the year before she showed up at Senior Nationals and very nearly pulled the rug out from under Michelle. Her short program at Seniors that year had the same refinement as her later skates--amazing.