Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn, Gracie, Zijun, Liza, Adelina

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post

How can anyone go around for months writing the same crap over and over and not become tired of it themselves?

It would probably be considered a personal attack, otherwise I would create a poll to see how many people are sick of hearing sky_fly20's over the top obsessive theories. The bar would certainly extend beyond the edge of my monitor screen. I don't think they make wide screen monitors wide enough to display that chart. At this point, sky_fly20 likely has little credibility left.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond is like a young Lepisto.
    Wow, how insulting.

She's way better than Lepisto, aka that girl who was stiff and not especially artistic and doubled all of her jumps and should have been 7th place at 2010 Worlds, but somehow won a Bronze medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    My immediate thought on seeing the title of the thread: The future of ladies' figure skating is bright.
    That was my first thought to Im excited to see how their careers develop

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye
    "In the same boot" . I like that.
    Oopsie Boot is the german word for boat, if that is an excuse. But as long as we're talking about girls, I'd claim boot makes sense

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Oopsie Boot is the german word for boat, if that is an excuse. But as long as we're talking about girls, I'd claim boot makes sense
    Since we're talking about skaters, I thought it made perfect sense, and in fact I assumed you were making a clever pun.

Actually, knowing now that you were refering to the German, it becomes a very nuanced and complex bilingual double-pun, if you know what I mean.

I really like Gracie Gold. Her jumps are huge and she skates fast. It's exciting watching her. I also like Osmond because I think she has beautiful lines and is artistic. As for the Russian girls, I never been big fan of neither one of them. I am sure Gracie will work on her artistry(PCS) this off season.

Custom Title
    In addition to speed and huge jumps, Gracie also gets great GOE (2s and 3s) on her spins, all rated L4. She does OK on her footwork, too, but there is some room for improvement there.

Miserere Nobis
    As evidenced at Worlds, Gracie is leading the pack of younger girls at the moment--even with errors in her SP and FS, she finished first among the new generation. To hold onto that lead, though, she needs to devote more attention to squeezing points out of PCS. I keep harping on this, but she must go to a better choreographer in the Olympic season. Her present programs do nothing for her lovely lines and extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    In addition to speed and huge jumps, Gracie also gets great GOE (2s and 3s) on her spins, all rated L4. She does OK on her footwork, too, but there is some room for improvement there.
    Yeah I was impressed with her spins also, they were well centered with great positions and speed! I think what she needs to work on is her postures.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by venlac View Post
    I think there a lot more potential to the gracie gold and zijun Li.
    A good foundation of the jump, their 3-3 is great. And both have star power, I think.
    Interestingly I think the same. They are like the two ends of the spectrum. Gracie has the power and speed, and most likely she will become the next Yuna. Zijun, on the other hand, has the elegance and ease.

Custom Title
    I originally thought that Liza had the best chance in Sochi (a gold medal favorite, actually), but that was before Yuna made her comeback. And now with Caro still strong, and Mao getting big scores, perhaps a gold is out of reach. She still has almost textbook technique, and that should help her through the years. Adelina, even with her flutz and pitching forward on her 3t, still has world class skating skills- her speed, spins, and footwork are some of the best. Both can medal in Sochi if some big names falter. And they're still young- the GP may take their toll on the veterans, who knows, they're not getting any younger.

As much as I like Gracie, maybe 2014 is not her time, yet. Kaetlyn has flair, but needs conditioning work. Zijun needs speed, power.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Yeah I was impressed with her spins also, they were well centered with great positions and speed! I think what she needs to work on is her postures.
    Her posture is fine - she's very upright in her lower-mid back, but she needs to relax in her upper back and shoulders more to make what she does look more effortless.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie is a future star
    also Zijun but she needs more power that will come with age
    Liza is very talented but she needs to lose weight ( imo she is too heavy for a figure skater now, Mishin must address and regulate Liza's meals and what she eats
    including no ice cream)

Adelina is a headcase
    Osmond maybe but for now she is known as Fallmond who only gets inflated scoring skating in home ice, a future Kiira Korpi/Lepisto with limited arsenal but propped up
    other than that she bombs skating in a non Canadian soil , probably due to panic knowing her inflated scores wont be enough
    I find it really unconscientious when people talk about skaters or anyone for that matter with such disregard for the human to human experience. Treat others, talk about others, think about others... The way you would wish to be treated, thought about, and talked about. Respect.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by guanchi View Post
    I originally thought that Liza had the best chance in Sochi (a gold medal favorite, actually), but that was before Yuna made her comeback. And now with Caro still strong, and Mao getting big scores, perhaps a gold is out of reach. She still has almost textbook technique, and that should help her through the years. Adelina, even with her flutz and pitching forward on her 3t, still has world class skating skills- her speed, spins, and footwork are some of the best. Both can medal in Sochi if some big names falter. And they're still young- the GP may take their toll on the veterans, who knows, they're not getting any younger.

As much as I like Gracie, maybe 2014 is not her time, yet. Kaetlyn has flair, but needs conditioning work. Zijun needs speed, power.
    I don't see the Russian girls having a chance at a medal. Not only are the top 3 ladies too good but skaters like Wagner Suzuki and Murakami can beat them also. And Gracie has beaten Adelina 3 out of 4 times the last 2 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I don't see the Russian girls having a chance at a medal. Not only are the top 3 ladies too good but skaters like Wagner Suzuki and Murakami can beat them also. And Gracie has beaten Adelina 3 out of 4 times the last 2 years.
    Suzuki though isn't a factor
    she is the Japanese Alena Leonova who will replaced by Miki Ando once she comes back in a heartbeat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast