Kaetlyn, Gracie, Zijun, Liza, Adelina | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn, Gracie, Zijun, Liza, Adelina

ks777

Record Breaker
I really like Gracie Gold. Her jumps are huge and she skates fast. It's exciting watching her. I also like Osmond because I think she has beautiful lines and is artistic. As for the Russian girls, I never been big fan of neither one of them. I am sure Gracie will work on her artistry(PCS) this off season.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In addition to speed and huge jumps, Gracie also gets great GOE (2s and 3s) on her spins, all rated L4. She does OK on her footwork, too, but there is some room for improvement there.

ForeverFish

Medalist
As evidenced at Worlds, Gracie is leading the pack of younger girls at the moment--even with errors in her SP and FS, she finished first among the new generation. To hold onto that lead, though, she needs to devote more attention to squeezing points out of PCS. I keep harping on this, but she must go to a better choreographer in the Olympic season. Her present programs do nothing for her lovely lines and extensions.

ks777

Record Breaker
In addition to speed and huge jumps, Gracie also gets great GOE (2s and 3s) on her spins, all rated L4. She does OK on her footwork, too, but there is some room for improvement there.

Yeah I was impressed with her spins also, they were well centered with great positions and speed! I think what she needs to work on is her postures.

Jay Jay

Spectator
I think there a lot more potential to the gracie gold and zijun Li.
A good foundation of the jump, their 3-3 is great. And both have star power, I think.

Interestingly I think the same. They are like the two ends of the spectrum. Gracie has the power and speed, and most likely she will become the next Yuna. Zijun, on the other hand, has the elegance and ease.

guanchi

On the Ice
I originally thought that Liza had the best chance in Sochi (a gold medal favorite, actually), but that was before Yuna made her comeback. And now with Caro still strong, and Mao getting big scores, perhaps a gold is out of reach. She still has almost textbook technique, and that should help her through the years. Adelina, even with her flutz and pitching forward on her 3t, still has world class skating skills- her speed, spins, and footwork are some of the best. Both can medal in Sochi if some big names falter. And they're still young- the GP may take their toll on the veterans, who knows, they're not getting any younger.

As much as I like Gracie, maybe 2014 is not her time, yet. Kaetlyn has flair, but needs conditioning work. Zijun needs speed, power.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yeah I was impressed with her spins also, they were well centered with great positions and speed! I think what she needs to work on is her postures.

Her posture is fine - she's very upright in her lower-mid back, but she needs to relax in her upper back and shoulders more to make what she does look more effortless.

skatefancan

Rinkside
Gracie is a future star :)
also Zijun but she needs more power that will come with age
Liza is very talented but she needs to lose weight ( imo she is too heavy for a figure skater now, Mishin must address and regulate Liza's meals and what she eats
including no ice cream)

Adelina is a headcase
Osmond maybe but for now she is known as Fallmond who only gets inflated scoring skating in home ice, a future Kiira Korpi/Lepisto with limited arsenal but propped up
other than that she bombs skating in a non Canadian soil , probably due to panic knowing her inflated scores wont be enough :scowl:

I find it really unconscientious when people talk about skaters or anyone for that matter with such disregard for the human to human experience. Treat others, talk about others, think about others... The way you would wish to be treated, thought about, and talked about. Respect.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I originally thought that Liza had the best chance in Sochi (a gold medal favorite, actually), but that was before Yuna made her comeback. And now with Caro still strong, and Mao getting big scores, perhaps a gold is out of reach. She still has almost textbook technique, and that should help her through the years. Adelina, even with her flutz and pitching forward on her 3t, still has world class skating skills- her speed, spins, and footwork are some of the best. Both can medal in Sochi if some big names falter. And they're still young- the GP may take their toll on the veterans, who knows, they're not getting any younger.

As much as I like Gracie, maybe 2014 is not her time, yet. Kaetlyn has flair, but needs conditioning work. Zijun needs speed, power.

I don't see the Russian girls having a chance at a medal. Not only are the top 3 ladies too good but skaters like Wagner Suzuki and Murakami can beat them also. And Gracie has beaten Adelina 3 out of 4 times the last 2 years.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't see the Russian girls having a chance at a medal. Not only are the top 3 ladies too good but skaters like Wagner Suzuki and Murakami can beat them also. And Gracie has beaten Adelina 3 out of 4 times the last 2 years.

Suzuki though isn't a factor
she is the Japanese Alena Leonova who will replaced by Miki Ando once she comes back in a heartbeat

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not convinced that Miki Ando is coming back, and even if she does, that she will be in competitive form.

xabia

On the Ice
:rolleye:
How can anyone go around for months writing the same crap over and over and not become tired of it themselves?

And most of all, Liza can jump 3Lz-3T like it's nothing - where the hell does she have a weigth problem?? This is beyond ridiculous.

Liza has the look of a fat lady in waiting. She's only 16 but looks like a middle aged woman covered in mourning. Get her out of those black weeds and ban tights over half-boots for everyone! It's not a flattering look.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IMO, they are costuming Liza in black to make her appear thinner. That is NOT working and in fact makes her look dumpy. A costume all of one color (other than black or white) would be just as good, just keep it simple. Rather than black tights, which make the legs look thick, have her wear black or dark grey transparent hose.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
IMO, they are costuming Liza in black to make her appear thinner. That is NOT working and in fact makes her look dumpy. A costume all of one color (other than black or white) would be just as good, just keep it simple. Rather than black tights, which make the legs look thick, have her wear black or dark grey transparent hose.

Black actually will make you appear thinner if you are tall that is
but the problem with Liza is she is a short girl, thus it gives the opposite effect
it makes her neck shorter and her body looking wider

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Becka kept propping up Liza for years. Interestingly, she's no longer commenting on Liza these days.

ivy

On the Ice
I'm not a Gracie fan yet, but she has the most upside to me. I think the point of her loosening up her upper body is a good one. It will make her seem freer and more expressive. I remember Michelle never thought of herself as musical, put she was able to 'impersonate' like no one else...hope for Gracie?

Liza and Adelina seem stuck were they are...I hope they prove me wrong. Kanako is kinda her for me too

Zijun will do well, but not sure if she'll ever have the power to consistently challenge at the very top. Maybe could develop even more finesse and subltey to make up for it. China as an up and coming ISU nation may help also.

Can't quite decide about Kaetlyn yet...Lots of good parts waiting to gel

gmyers

Record Breaker
Liza had no 3/3 in her fs at worlds. She must really repel the judges in some ways because her pcs is the worst. It seemed like she was expanding her ice coverage but probably not. Sotnikova really has big problems with her flip and a lack of know how on how to compete. Never did I think they would do so atrociously and awfully a their first worlds so that both of them would be behind osmond, gold, li, ninth Ninth And tenth they were. Both of them totally need radical overhauls in different aspects of skating. Liza with programs and short program technical elements and sotnikova with jumps and a sports psychologist of the highest caliber!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
My opinion about black colored tights is that it makes thin legs thinner and thick legs thicker, but not sure about the exact cut-off point. I feel it is fine for Liza to just have flesh colored tights. Plus her legs are not the part that look "fat" to me; it is her upper body, especially her waist. Leonova is pretty short and stocky too; whenever she wears black tights, she looks much heavier. She does need serious weight loss, otherwise her career is done. It also seems she needs certain type of music to turn her performance on, like Latin type of music. She had Love Story early this season for her SP, but she just ditched it and went back to her SP last season.

Adelina just had a terrible LP this season; it is even shocking with the number of Russian talents in chreo, that she used that terrible piece of music. Same for Liza's costume; as far as I remember, Russia is touted for its best costume design (e.g., Shen & Zhao's Olympic costumes were made in Russia). It's also kind of shocking she had these outfit lately. I still have high hopes for her. She can skate to all kinds of music and has great musicality. Her Ex program this season is very lovely indeed.

Li is the person who needs to gain some weight. She's already 16 so she is probably genetically thin. She needs more powerful postures, and better speed.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
xabia said:
Liza has the look of a fat lady in waiting. She's only 16 but looks like a middle aged woman covered in mourning. Get her out of those black weeds and ban tights over half-boots for everyone! It's not a flattering look.
gmyers said:
Never did I think they would do so atrociously and awfully a their first worlds so that both of them would be behind osmond, gold, li, ninth Ninth And tenth they were.
hippomoomin said:
She does need serious weight loss, otherwise her career is done.

One really can't do much besides hoping skaters don't visit borads like this and happen to read stupid comments like this. As if there weren't enough cases of eating disorders and similar problems in this sport.