Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn, Gracie, Zijun, Liza, Adelina

Custom Title
    I am not convinced that Miki Ando is coming back, and even if she does, that she will be in competitive form.

Custom Title
    Ando isn't getting any younger either. She just turned 25.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post

How can anyone go around for months writing the same crap over and over and not become tired of it themselves?

And most of all, Liza can jump 3Lz-3T like it's nothing - where the hell does she have a weigth problem?? This is beyond ridiculous.
    Liza has the look of a fat lady in waiting. She's only 16 but looks like a middle aged woman covered in mourning. Get her out of those black weeds and ban tights over half-boots for everyone! It's not a flattering look.

Custom Title
    IMO, they are costuming Liza in black to make her appear thinner. That is NOT working and in fact makes her look dumpy. A costume all of one color (other than black or white) would be just as good, just keep it simple. Rather than black tights, which make the legs look thick, have her wear black or dark grey transparent hose.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    IMO, they are costuming Liza in black to make her appear thinner. That is NOT working and in fact makes her look dumpy. A costume all of one color (other than black or white) would be just as good, just keep it simple. Rather than black tights, which make the legs look thick, have her wear black or dark grey transparent hose.
    Black actually will make you appear thinner if you are tall that is
    but the problem with Liza is she is a short girl, thus it gives the opposite effect
    it makes her neck shorter and her body looking wider

Banned
    Becka kept propping up Liza for years. Interestingly, she's no longer commenting on Liza these days.

Custom Title
    I'm not a Gracie fan yet, but she has the most upside to me. I think the point of her loosening up her upper body is a good one. It will make her seem freer and more expressive. I remember Michelle never thought of herself as musical, put she was able to 'impersonate' like no one else...hope for Gracie?

Liza and Adelina seem stuck were they are...I hope they prove me wrong. Kanako is kinda her for me too

Zijun will do well, but not sure if she'll ever have the power to consistently challenge at the very top. Maybe could develop even more finesse and subltey to make up for it. China as an up and coming ISU nation may help also.

Can't quite decide about Kaetlyn yet...Lots of good parts waiting to gel

Custom Title
    Liza had no 3/3 in her fs at worlds. She must really repel the judges in some ways because her pcs is the worst. It seemed like she was expanding her ice coverage but probably not. Sotnikova really has big problems with her flip and a lack of know how on how to compete. Never did I think they would do so atrociously and awfully a their first worlds so that both of them would be behind osmond, gold, li, ninth Ninth And tenth they were. Both of them totally need radical overhauls in different aspects of skating. Liza with programs and short program technical elements and sotnikova with jumps and a sports psychologist of the highest caliber!

Custom Title
    My opinion about black colored tights is that it makes thin legs thinner and thick legs thicker, but not sure about the exact cut-off point. I feel it is fine for Liza to just have flesh colored tights. Plus her legs are not the part that look "fat" to me; it is her upper body, especially her waist. Leonova is pretty short and stocky too; whenever she wears black tights, she looks much heavier. She does need serious weight loss, otherwise her career is done. It also seems she needs certain type of music to turn her performance on, like Latin type of music. She had Love Story early this season for her SP, but she just ditched it and went back to her SP last season.

Adelina just had a terrible LP this season; it is even shocking with the number of Russian talents in chreo, that she used that terrible piece of music. Same for Liza's costume; as far as I remember, Russia is touted for its best costume design (e.g., Shen & Zhao's Olympic costumes were made in Russia). It's also kind of shocking she had these outfit lately. I still have high hopes for her. She can skate to all kinds of music and has great musicality. Her Ex program this season is very lovely indeed.

Li is the person who needs to gain some weight. She's already 16 so she is probably genetically thin. She needs more powerful postures, and better speed.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xabia
    Liza has the look of a fat lady in waiting. She's only 16 but looks like a middle aged woman covered in mourning. Get her out of those black weeds and ban tights over half-boots for everyone! It's not a flattering look.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers
    Never did I think they would do so atrociously and awfully a their first worlds so that both of them would be behind osmond, gold, li, ninth Ninth And tenth they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin
    She does need serious weight loss, otherwise her career is done.
    One really can't do much besides hoping skaters don't visit borads like this and happen to read stupid comments like this. As if there weren't enough cases of eating disorders and similar problems in this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    One really can't do much besides hoping skaters don't visit borads like this and happen to read stupid comments like this. As if there weren't enough cases of eating disorders and similar problems in this sport.
    Agreed. Haven't people harped upon her weight enough by now? One would think they'd get it out of their systems and have done with it. But instead it goes on and on and on... And what happened really? Liza had a freak fall in the short, was rattled and singled a jump. In the free she doubled a jump maybe? I don't quite recall the details but it wasn't exactly a disaster. Our Glorious World Champion (and I'm obviously NOT referring to Yuna Kim ) had far more mistakes, and no one is looking at his waistline! (Nor am I saying they should. )

Custom Title
    Liza was slow, her jumps are small, and she gets limited ice coverage. Those things limit her PCS scores, which is why Liza landed all her jumps in the FS but still wound up 10th overall.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Liza was slow, her jumps are small, and she gets limited ice coverage. Those things limit her PCS scores, which is why Liza landed all her jumps in the FS but still wound up 10th overall.
    I don't think her jumps are small. She has good spring on jumps. Yeah, her ice coverage and speed are bad. There isn't much artistry, interpretation or choreography in her programs either. She's more like a gymnast.

Banned
    I stand by what I said, her weight in a way affecting Liza's jumps
    I hope Mishin controls/monitors what she is eating or she could try only 1 full meal a day w/ no ice cream/sweets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Ando isn't getting any younger either. She just turned 25.
    Suzuki is turning 28 and Kostner will be 27

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast