Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Custom Title

Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...652250547.html
    Seven-time European figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko said Wednesday that Canada’s Patrick Chan does not deserve the world title he won last week.

Chan relied on his world-record short program score to defend his world title as he fell twice in the free skate and was nearly caught by Kazakhstan’s Denis Ten, who lost out by just 1.3 points.

“Denis Ten won that world championship,” Plushenko said on Twitter and accused Chan of having undue help from Skate Canada, which hosted the championships in London, Ontario.

“Patrick Chan didn’t win, his figure skating federation did! That’s my opinion as a person who knows figure skating.”

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...652250547.html
    Seven-time European figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko said Wednesday that Canada’s Patrick Chan does not deserve the world title he won last week.

Chan relied on his world-record short program score to defend his world title as he fell twice in the free skate and was nearly caught by Kazakhstan’s Denis Ten, who lost out by just 1.3 points.

“Denis Ten won that world championship,” Plushenko said on Twitter and accused Chan of having undue help from Skate Canada, which hosted the championships in London, Ontario.

“Patrick Chan didn’t win, his figure skating federation did! That’s my opinion as a person who knows figure skating.”
    Oh, boy. Figure skating smackdown.
    Save us all front row seats.

Custom Title
    Has 2014 Olympics started already?! Exciting!!!

Banned
    Zhenya sure got that one right it was his Federation that won not Chan

this probably ignited a fire in him reviving memories of the fraud in Vancouver
    and it doesn't help it was held in Canada notorius for having the most corrupted GP results

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, boy. Figure skating smackdown.
    Save us all front row seats.
    Oh boy the King has spoken. Lets see how long this thread will stay open.

Custom Title
    Oh gag. This will keep haters of every stripe going for at least a year. Think I'll stay away.

Guess it's payback for Chan disrespecting Plush several years ago in an interview....calling him old, elderly, or something like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Guess it's payback for Chan disrespecting Plush several years ago in an interview....calling him old, elderly, or something like that.
    don't forget how Chan called him a 40 year old jumping quads
    with that kind of skate , he won't win in Sochi anyways Yuzuru will be the favorite for OGM

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    don't forget how Chan called him a 40 year old jumping quads
    with that kind of skate , he won't win in Sochi anyways Yuzuru will be the favorite for OGM
    I hope you're right, but I worry about Yuzu's stamina in LP. He's got all kind of charm though!

Banned
    Plushenko is right on the mark. That must have been an enormous cheque the CSA cut to ensure Chan won this years Worlds no matter how horrendously he skated. Something happens like that at the Olympics with him (since after the scandals of the last few years everyone will be watching Chan like a hawk) and figure skating will be out of the Olympics immediately.

Custom Title
    As much as I respect Plush as a fighter (much less as a skater now. Even if he deliver his jumps, his artistry does seem to ancient to me from the aesthetics of today), I don't think it does him any good to him to comment on this issue.

Medalist
    I am starting to like Plushenko.

Custom Title
    Ay, this man... (sigh)

I liked his quirkiness, still do, but... once a while, just wrong TPO. Not a place for an established hero to bug in, whatever Chan did (he didn't control the judges himself).

Custom Title
    No, Plushenko, you were right. Patrick didn't win. Patrick has lost LP to Ten by 5.51.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Plushenko is right on the mark. That must have been an enormous cheque the CSA cut to ensure Chan won this years Worlds no matter how horrendously he skated. Something happens like that at the Olympics with him (since after the scandals of the last few years everyone will be watching Chan like a hawk) and figure skating will be out of the Olympics immediately.
    Yeah, right! Continue to "home-cooking" your conspiracy theory!

Custom Title
    I don't agree with Plushy , but I respect his opinion, he's not the only one who thinks Chan did not deserve the gold medal.
    Maybe he can lend D10 his platinum medal and everybody will be happy.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast