Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Custom Title
    He'll give Chen credit when credit is due but his 2013 worlds win his not good for anybody! Makes people think of federations and power politics! There could be personal issues involved here with things revolving around Vancouver and CHan and Canada.

This is his opinion, he is a sincere man. Always.

Johnny Weir's tweet:

This judging is ridiculous and the only reason people buy it is because it's in North America. Imagine the outcry if it were Russia+Plush!?

Custom Title
    He is only express his personal idea. Here is what he writes:

Patrick Chan did not win, but his figure skating federation! This is my opinion, as a man who knows the figure skating
    Joubert is great guy and a fighter!!
    Denis Ten won this World Championship
    Nothing more than that.

In another Russian interview he did say that he cannot believe a skater can win a World title with 4 big mistakes including 2 falls without some lobbying going on.

Banned
    BlueBonnet seems to find this all amusing, but all the only funny thing is people who are actually excited about the farce continuing which is killing an almost already dead sport. Hey if you want to see skating out of the Olympics though, go ahead and keep cheering for this kind of BS, you will soon get your wish.

Custom Title
    If I were Patrick, I'd say to Plushenko, "It's OK, pal! Stop hurting yourself by making up stories. See you on ice!!!"

If I were Plushenko, I wouldn't have commented this way, unless I wanted to be at the center of the wirlwind. Obviously, he wants to jump into the center, and starts the Olympic quest from the off ice.

Custom Title
    Chan needs to SHUT UP. IIRC, Plusy is the one with 3 olympic medals!!

Custom Title
    It's 2010 Olympics all over again. But this time it surely starts early!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    If I were Patrick, I'd say to Plushenko, "It's OK, pal! Stop hurting yourself by making up stories. See you on ice!!!"
    he doesn't need to
    because he knows Chan can't barely get his butt off the ice form falling

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    Chan needs to SHUT UP. IIRC, Plusy is the one with 3 olympic medals!!
    Indeed. Also every single one of his titles and medals is unquestioned and uncontroversial, unlike Chan who has only 1 World title that wont be famous as one of the all time major scandals in the sport for centuries to come.

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    I'm not a fan of Mr. Plushenko, but where he's right, he's right. Once I was a huge fan of figure skating, especially Men's. Now I hardly care anymore. The constant, rather embarrassing judge crawling right into Chan's *** is painful to watch and one huge reason to digress.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Plushy is old fashioned, he gives interviews on the radio. On the other hand, the Gao's hashtag has become a trend on twiter.

Germanice, come back! (Maybe Yagudin will make a comeback. )

You know, this sort of thing demonstrates the extra burden that lady athletes face, compared to men. Men trash talk each other and we are all like, yeah yeah, say it again!

What would we think if Zijun Li, everyone's sweetheart du jour, came out and said, I can't stand that no-ggod Yu-na Kim.

But wait! As Seniorita points out, now comes Christina Gau.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, boy. Figure skating smackdown.
    Save us all front row seats.
    I'll take a second-row seat. I don't want the splatter of blood and sweat...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Men trash talk each other and we are all like, yeah yeah, say it again!

What would we think if Zijun Li, everyone's sweetheart du jour, came out and said, I can't stand that no-ggod Yu-na Kim.
    Makes me think that if the ISU can't be bothered to do anything to raise skating's popularity, all the athletes need to start trash-talking each other, just like they do in boxing. Just imagine what could Meryl tell Tessa and Scott's expresing all of his ~true feelings~. Oh, and an epic feud between Aliona and Maxim. That'd land some figure skating some front pages in gossip magazines (just remember what skating gained from the Tonya-Nancy shenanigans )

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    “Denis Ten won that world championship,” Plushenko said on Twitter and accused Chan of having undue help from Skate Canada, which hosted the championships in London, Ontario.

“Patrick Chan didn’t win, his figure skating federation did! That’s my opinion as a person who knows figure skating.”
    I totally agree with Plushy.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast